U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2019, 09:57 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,772 posts, read 2,083,112 times
Reputation: 1733

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
They all work for the same masters. The rest is theater to make you think a damn thing of any substance will change if one or the other gets voted in.
You are correct. Absolutely, 100% correct.

Quote:
I stay home on election day. F*ck'em.
#MeToo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:30 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
13,311 posts, read 4,557,229 times
Reputation: 10568
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Shocking I tell you. I wonder how many times the superman of right wing dotards, Hannity, has used the terms "debt" or "deficit" since Le Grande Orange' was elected?

I guess since so many of them get their marching orders from him, you also conveniently stopped talking about this crisis. Just a coincidence?
Not a partisan issue. Both parties are equally responsible for the debt run up.

Obama ran up more debt than all other previous presidents combined.

Trump is on track to equal or beat Obama.

What is your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:56 AM
 
5,809 posts, read 3,778,884 times
Reputation: 5647
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama ran up 30% of the existing all time debt of the United States. 243 years of history, and one President Obama is responsible for 1/3 of it.

None of you complained then.

Here's a top tip for you. Trump supporters don't watch "cable news". That's for leftists.


/thread
Obama came into office after spending bills had been approved to bail out the economy greatly increasing the debt.

Under Obama, we had the fastest deficit decline over a sustained period since WWII.

trump threw that out the window, increasing deficit spending in a long term up economic cycle.

So no, no /thread. Go learn the facts. Increasing deficit spending when Obama took office was necessary. trump increasing deficit spending was not, and isn’t looking like it’ll be declining any time soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 04:59 AM
 
13,470 posts, read 10,334,792 times
Reputation: 17031
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Worse than crickets. They want MORE...and they are succeeding. Remember those shows where you got to win everything you could fill a shopping cart with in one minute?

That's the Republican Way. The idea is to get it while they can and, when inventory is taken later, none of us can do anything about it.

This is a feature for them. I'll bet they support Trump cutting the payroll tax...and then they would yap about their own SS and Medicare when they start collecting.

It's a level of hypocrisy that is hard to fathom....other than.....either being unapologetically selfish....or, not doing the math.
They win at the polls because their voters really do feel this way. What's in it for me. There is a lot of mental gymnastics that are required to form that into how does that not make me an ahole. But they are willing and able to do it. There have been several topics in opinion pieces on how Dems get it wrong. They speak to facts, policies and why they would work. They don't speak well enough to people's feelings. There are a whole lot of people whose actions and decisions are not well informed by their reason and are just a big pile fo feelings, most often FEAR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 05:05 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,845 posts, read 22,745,309 times
Reputation: 14047
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Shocking I tell you. I wonder how many times the superman of right wing dotards, Hannity, has used the terms "debt" or "deficit" since Le Grande Orange' was elected?

I guess since so many of them get their marching orders from him, you also conveniently stopped talking about this crisis. Just a coincidence?

Debt and deficit, so let's go green, eliminate cars and cows, and give all illegal aliens healthcare welfare and education and tax the rich to death.

Crickets and cockroaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 05:28 AM
 
Location: NC
7,367 posts, read 5,155,861 times
Reputation: 8081
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The part of the pattern you are missing:

Democrats don't care about the deficits. They just take exception to the fact that republicans only care about the deficit when the dems are in office.

Sort of like Democrats don't care about "traditional" morals and values. They just take exception to the fact that republicans don't either.................. unless of course it's a democrat that's not displaying them.
Actually Dems do care. They just are willing to pay for their programs. EG: "tax and spend" Since Reagan, the Republican mantra has been "spend now, worry about it later". EG: "Don't tax, spend more"

Universal healthcare by any reasonable measure will cost the government more, which can be covered in increased taxes. By any measure that increase of tax would be more than offset by the avoidance of current healthcare bills of individuals, which is often in the tens of thousands of dollars per household right now.



Fun fact: The Trump DEFICIT is now projected at $960B for 2019, and will average of $1 Trillion per year over the next 10 years. By leaps and bounds, he is the most fiscally irresponsible POTUS in our history, having indexed (indexes actually correct for inflation, which is to HIS FAVOR) higher than any time since after WW2, where they were explained because we were still paying for a war.

Trump: Highest deficit in my 52 year lifetime! But somehow "Obama"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 05:33 AM
 
Location: USA
20,082 posts, read 9,608,374 times
Reputation: 15164
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama ran up 30% of the existing all time debt of the United States. 243 years of history, and one President Obama is responsible for 1/3 of it.

None of you complained then.


Here's a top tip for you. Trump supporters don't watch "cable news". That's for leftists.


/thread

^^^^^This. Yes, that's the issue. However, we do have a spending problem, but the Democrats own the MEDIA who solely blame Trump for "shutting down the government" and the Welfare Baby Mommas not getting their checks when he pushes back on Congress's SPENDING.

Federal Tax Revenue is at an all time high. We have a SPENDING PROBLEM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 05:52 AM
 
Location: Barrington
47,593 posts, read 34,922,946 times
Reputation: 15762
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
But, but, but Obama.

This scares me because the DEM replacement who takes over in 2020 will add to it, not make it smaller.
The US was debt free one year in 1835.

Every POTUS inherits debt, adds to it and kicks the can.

In 2016, Trump told Hannity and his viewers he was going to “balance the budget fairly quickly”.

That some future budget might be balanced is meaningless. It’s all about appropriations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 05:57 AM
 
Location: Barrington
47,593 posts, read 34,922,946 times
Reputation: 15762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

Federal Tax Revenue is at an all time high. We have a SPENDING PROBLEM.
But what the heck, let’s buy Greenland, then whine when Denmark calls it absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 05:59 AM
 
Location: Richmond,VA
3,439 posts, read 2,176,799 times
Reputation: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
But, but, but Obama.

This scares me because the DEM replacement who takes over in 2020 will add to it, not make it smaller.

But, but, but all the rich people will pay for all the free stuff, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top