Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 02:44 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Of course not. It has no moral or logical right to exist.
A desire to change would be a goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 02:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Shocking I tell you. I wonder how many times the superman of right wing dotards, Hannity, has used the terms "debt" or "deficit" since Le Grande Orange' was elected?

I guess since so many of them get their marching orders from him, you also conveniently stopped talking about this crisis. Just a coincidence?
There must be something in the Republican platform that states that 'debt' and 'deficit' concern is only applicable to Democratic admins. All concerns shall be suspended until the next Dem is in office. Until that time - Everyone gets a tax cut! You get a tax cut! And you get a tax cut. We all get tax cuts!

In addition, anyone financially damaged by the GOP president's policies shall receive a subsidy to their income. We will live on credit while the GOP governs.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:50 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
GDP growth under Reagan: 3%

GDP growth under Clinton: 4%

Hmm.

Actually, it's 3.6% Reagan and 3.8% Clinton, but Reagan had inflation and a sever recession to deal with.

The only thing Clinton had to deal with was Newt Gingrich dragging him kicking and screaming to the alter of fiscal responsibility.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:50 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There must be something in the Republican platform that states that 'debt' and 'deficit' concern is only applicable to Democratic admins. All concerns shall be suspended until the next Dem is in office. Until that time - Everyone gets a tax cut! You get a tax cut! And you get a tax cut. We all get tax cuts!

In addition, anyone financially damaged by the GOP president's policies shall receive a subsidy to their income. We will live on credit while the GOP governs.
LOL.

One day you'll realize there isn't too much difference between the DNC and GOP when it comes to big government.

At least the GOP isn't actively trying to bring about open borders.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:12 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The easiest thing in the world to do is just sit around and say: "everyone should have equal outcomes, rich people are evil, everyone is stupid except me, I have all the answers."

And then provide no answers..other than open the boarders and raise taxes. I could get those answers form a five year old. They will also tell me that Cocoa Puffs are good for you.
When you meet someone who gives you those answers, maybe you should tell them.

I believe in none of those things you mentioned, but then again, I don't have the mentality of a 5 year old when it comes to public policy.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A desire to change would be a goal.
You can't break your principle in order to hopefully instill it in others. Non-violently of course.

It doesn't work that way.

I mean, I wish it did. And it sure would be a hell out of a lot easier to use violence. Worked for Hitler, Mao and Stalin. Worked/works for Obama and Trump too...just in different ways.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:15 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Shocking I tell you. I wonder how many times the superman of right wing dotards, Hannity, has used the terms "debt" or "deficit" since Le Grande Orange' was elected?

I guess since so many of them get their marching orders from him, you also conveniently stopped talking about this crisis. Just a coincidence?
Obama ran up 30% of the existing all time debt of the United States. 243 years of history, and one President Obama is responsible for 1/3 of it.

None of you complained then.

Here's a top tip for you. Trump supporters don't watch "cable news". That's for leftists.

/thread

Old 08-21-2019, 03:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I’m noticing a pattern, when Obama was in office republicans obsessed about deficits and democrats were silent. Now it’s the opposite with Trump.

Rand Paul is about the only one that seems serious about cutting spending, we need more Pauls to do anything.

If a far left democrat takes office and somehow enacts universal healthcare and “free” education among other crazy policies, you can forget about the deficit.
I think that lots of people are concerned about the deficit. I hope you are.

I hope if a far left wins (and I don't think they will) and somehow can enact all those expensive programs that they try to increase revenue and cut expenses.

I think when Obama took office the economy was so bad folks assumed the deficit was going to grow.

The problem with Trump's deficit issues, the economy has been good. We should have seen some of the deficit reduced and instead it has ballooned.

Even with Obama the deficit dropped a little after a few years of slow steady economy growth.

I have always said that the Republicans are not fiscal conservatives. Never have been -- never tried to be.

They spend money differently.

I tried so hard to debate this issue with a dear friend who naively admitted she votes Republican because of their fiscal conservatism....it makes no sense.

I do think Trump and his admin. are doing a disservice to dismiss the concerns of the deficit. They aren't providing any real substantive arguments for the deficit ballooning during this good economy.

I think that's the issue - the hypocrisy.

This is comparing recession deficit to economic growth deficit.....

Old 08-21-2019, 03:43 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama ran up 30% of the existing all time debt of the United States. 243 years of history, and one President Obama is responsible for 1/3 of it.

None of you complained then.

Here's a top tip for you. Trump supporters don't watch "cable news". That's for leftists.

/thread
/hit a nerve eh?

Old 08-21-2019, 03:57 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
/hit a nerve eh?
How is speaking truth "hitting a nerve".

Another top tip for you:. A sure sign of a failed topic, is when the OP jumps immediately to ad hominem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies