U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:39 PM

25,301 posts, read 9,856,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
And just yesterday someone was telling me to go to my safe space because I was criticizing Nazi glorification.

Sounds like folks in this thread are in need of one..
Both teams are snowflakes. They just express their snowflakery in different ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:41 PM

25,301 posts, read 9,856,497 times
Quote:
Accepting people for who they are, even if you don't agree with their preference. As long as they’re not harming anyone or themselves, who the heck cares?

That’s very toxic man!
Almost got it.

You own yourself. You can kill yourself if you wish. You cannot harm anyone else under any circumstances. Well, self-defense but that's it.

Old Today, 03:42 PM

332 posts, read 35,118 times
Quote:
Accepting people for who they are, even if you don't agree with their preference. As long as they’re not harming anyone or themselves, who the heck cares?

That’s very toxic man!
So some kids throwing the Nazi salute in some random US town - how are they harming anyone else? Why don't you accept them for who they are - Nazis - provided they don't harm anyone else?

Old Today, 03:47 PM

574 posts, read 163,221 times
Quote:
So some kids throwing the Nazi salute in some random US town - how are they harming anyone else? Why don't you accept them for who they are - Nazis - provided they don't harm anyone else?
Excellent point!

Old Today, 03:49 PM

22,678 posts, read 9,651,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It's hopeless these days. You just cannot. It's on the internet, on the TV, in their schools, on the streets. My kids are grown up thankfully but when they have their kids they will be forced to raise them in a toxic culture.
That is correct. So it is up to parents (gasp!) to take responsibility for their kids and what they watch. I don't think the networks are responsible. They've tried to conform to the 50s standards for years, and it is almost impossible to have realistic television if everything has to be Leave it to Beaver. They are competing with cable, so they have to take a few risks or they are going to become even more obsolete than they are now.

Technology has all kinds of parental controls on everything if they feel the need to protect the kids from what's out there.

Old Today, 03:51 PM

5,309 posts, read 3,062,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Hey wanna represent one of the most vile groups of people that ever walked this planet? I won’t stop you. But I doubt many people are ok with normalizing a culture that justified the murder of millions.

Old Today, 03:56 PM

5,314 posts, read 3,796,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
IMHO..It would be a form of mental child abuse.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...urnett-1233460
Aside from a few news shows and movies, I watch very little TV and haven't actually followed a series since...........Seinfeld maybe??

Having said that I clicked on the link and had to laugh. Reality show my a**. Do you remember the comedy show Married With Children? All those gorgeous lesbian chicks flipping hair and pillow fighting? That's what this dumb a** "Reality Show" reminded me off. I've BEEN to a gay bar with two friends. Most of the girls were dogs, and most of the guys who were dressed like women looked better than the actual women. There's nothing reality about this reality show.

To the OP - don't fret. Just raise you kids with care and calm. Answer their questions. Teach them to think critically. Provide them with a stable foundation. They'll be fine.

Old Today, 03:59 PM

6,070 posts, read 2,825,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
IMHO..It would be a form of mental child abuse.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...urnett-1233460
Why would you let any child watch a show like Bachelor in Paradise in the first place?
Isn't this an adult themed show?

Old Today, 03:59 PM

1,225 posts, read 261,256 times
Making kids watch TV these days is a punishment. Many of them prefer their tablets.

Old Today, 04:05 PM

4,509 posts, read 2,691,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Not normal is all these people appearing on shows who couldn't "find love" and then they all "find love" because they are competing on television.
It's not often I agree with PM but this ^^^ is spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or