U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:06 AM

19,614 posts, read 17,648,334 times

Advertisements

Just have a leather glove and pliars and a cigarette lighter when you drive by. Have your passenger heat a quarter red hot and then quickly drop it into his leather glove and then toss it to him. He goes to pick it up and he gets a nice George Washington brand on his fingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:08 AM

5,680 posts, read 2,402,539 times
They need to ban loitering at intersections. It's a public safety issue for one. Also he needs a business license to be in the sign game.

Old Today, 08:05 AM

11,095 posts, read 2,879,097 times
I dont understand why this media outlet would quote the chief of polices opinion on this guy...what business is it of law enforcement how this guy chooses to earn his money? I didnt read that he was threatening anyone, or breaking laws, etc.

Very suspicious that 'law enforcement' would even have an opinion on this.

Old Today, 08:33 AM

10,281 posts, read 6,414,168 times
We had one by our gas station, she lived in a super expensive condo around the corner. For several years she had to have airplane money to get to her son's house in California, lol. The gas station owners said she made a lot of money.

Old Today, 08:39 AM

3,229 posts, read 931,967 times
...poor thing...no benefits...and no free medical

Old Today, 08:41 AM

2,356 posts, read 761,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://www.wsbradio.com/news/nation...XnOl9ewVOG70J/

A purportedly homeless, wheelchair-bound man was collecting about $1000 per weekend from generous strangers at a busy Abilene, TX intersection. According to the police chief:
Exactly why I don't give money to panhandlers. Many are scammers and the ones that aren't are mostly drug addicts who will use your donation to get their next fix.

Old Today, 08:43 AM

9,940 posts, read 4,473,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
We had one by our gas station, she lived in a super expensive condo around the corner. For several years she had to have airplane money to get to her son's house in California, lol. The gas station owners said she made a lot of money.
A while back a woman came up to me at a local shopping center with a sob story about needing gas money to pick her daughter up at school. So I gave her a few bucks. A couple of weeks later the same woman came up to me at a different shopping center with a sob story about needing gas money to pick her daughter up at school. I told her to take a hike.

Old Today, 08:52 AM

13,840 posts, read 7,545,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So, that’s his job. Sounds like he’s good at it.
Surely he files taxes on income from “his job”.

Old Today, 08:58 AM

22,992 posts, read 17,028,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
If he wants to sit around asking for money and dummies want to give him money I don't see a problem.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
A while back a woman came up to me at a local shopping center with a sob story about needing gas money to pick her daughter up at school. So I gave her a few bucks. A couple of weeks later the same woman came up to me at a different shopping center with a sob story about needing gas money to pick her daughter up at school. I told her to take a hike.
The old "I need gas money" line. When I got out of the military and was just getting started in life, I lived in Seattle. I was pounding the pavement, going to every business I could find to apply for a job. I was walking back from the Space Needle where I had gone up for an interview, and could tell I wasn't going to get hired, yet again, due to "lack of experience" (of course I had no experience, I was just getting started), when some guy came up behind me telling me his sob story about his broken down car and needing money for gas.

He chose the wrong person on the wrong day. I was so over it with being turned down, worrying about how I was going to even get started with my life, and this jack hole is asking me for money for his car - I didn't even have a car - I was walking in the summer heat in my "nice clothes", back to my studio apartment after another soon to be rejection, and he wants MY money?

I wheeled around on him so fast, he had a look of shock on his face. I said, "You have a car! I can't even get a damn job in this stupid city!" (That's the CD version of what I said.)

He actually sputtered. hahahaha And then said he was sorry, and told me good luck. And from there, he proceeded towards the door of the BAR that he was about to go into before he had asked me for any money for his alleged car that didn't have any gas. I know he felt bad - that was clear - and I hope it ate at him that he lied about his need of money for gas for some fictional car broken down somewhere. He wanted drinking money.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; Today at 09:07 AM..

Old Today, 09:08 AM

27,097 posts, read 11,379,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I had a woman come to my front door who said she needed gas money to give to a friend who was going to take her to a hearing about her kids. So her friend was nice enough to drive her but not nice enough to forego the $5-$10 for gas? I don't give money to panhandlers, government takes my money and does it for me.

They all have stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or