U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 04:01 PM

18,019 posts, read 11,416,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So you admit you are anti-American and anti-working class. You could make your fallacious argument that any Americans should be replaced by illegals, Drs., lawyers, STEM workers etc. And the problem with illegals isn't just taking jobs and crime, although those are problems.

You know the truth, as well as I do. We Americans are too good to take the jobs that legal, and illegal, immigrants will gladly take. Call it un-American if you wish, but it is the truth. And, contrary to your list, they are not taking Dr, Lawyer, etc jobs......they are digging ditches, cutting grass, working as help in restaurants, and other menial labor positions.

There is a reason so many American companies hire them, they know these folks show up every day, work hard, never complain, and are capable of heavy, manual labor. No one is stopping you from taking one of these jobs, but you and I both know neither of us would work that hard or for that low of a paycheck.

I work, and I see how American workers (especially younger workers) find every excuse not to show up for work, and when they do come, they spend half their day bent over their cell phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 04:06 PM

377 posts, read 41,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You know the truth, as well as I do. We Americans are too good to take the jobs that legal, and illegal, immigrants will gladly take. Call it un-American if you wish, but it is the truth. And, contrary to your list, they are not taking Dr, Lawyer, etc jobs......they are digging ditches, cutting grass, working as help in restaurants, and other menial labor positions.

There is a reason so many American companies hire them, they know these folks show up every day, work hard, never complain, and are capable of heavy, manual labor. No one is stopping you from taking one of these jobs, but you and I both know neither of us would work that hard or for that low of a paycheck.

I work, and I see how American workers (especially younger workers) find every excuse not to show up for work, and when they do come, they spend half their day bent over their cell phone.
They hire illegals because they don't need to abide by federal regulations protecting workers. Duh.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:17 PM

6,589 posts, read 3,663,434 times
Quote:

I lived in Naples for 10 years. How many lily white Americans what to pick tomatoes or get up on a South Florida roof when the Heat Indexes are over 100 degrees?

Damn, I could not take 45 minutes of being out in the Noon day sun for Recess with little kids.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:25 PM

377 posts, read 41,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I lived in Naples for 10 years. How many lily white Americans what to pick tomatoes or get up on a South Florida roof when the Heat Indexes are over 100 degrees?

Damn, I could not take 45 minutes of being out in the Noon day sun for Recess with little kids.
White Americans are the most likely demographic to join the military where they need to work 18-20 hour days, get shot at, avoid IEDs, and stay all day in the 110F desert heart in full gear. I think they can handle roofing just fine. Nice try though.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Yep, you and I see these people every day, up early, working hour after hour in our 100% humidity and high 90's temps, doing jobs that most people would collapse from doing. People who say they would do these same jobs are lying through their teeth. If they are so willing, there is nothing stopping them from applying.

The reality is, if every legal and illegal immigrant suddenly disappeared from this country, our economy would crash overnight, and things would come to a screeching halt. They do not want to believe it, but it is true and provable.

Here, for those of you who doubt that statement, read and learn:

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...-would-crumble

https://abcnews.go.com/US/immigrants...ry?id=45533028

Old 08-22-2019, 04:42 PM

67,020 posts, read 30,716,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Not “fight.” “Win.” Which is what will happen, unless the Supremes decide to be refuse cert. Which they will. Even this conservative majority is not going to argue with the plain language of the 14th Amendment.
That "plain language" excluded US-born indigenous people until 1924 when Congress passed the Indian Citizenship Act. Why were they excluded until then? Though born in the US, they were actually subject to a foreign sovereign - their respective Tribal Nations.

Read current US Nationality Law, specifically subsections (a) and (b). If everyone born in the US were actually automatically US citizens, subsection (b) would be redundant and would be neither included nor necessary:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1401

Old 08-22-2019, 05:05 PM

9,759 posts, read 7,386,615 times
Quote:
the first article is 8 years old (updated April 2012 though)

the second one speaks primarily to immigrants. not illegal immigrants. the only "expert" that mentioned illegals and how awesome they were recently wrote this:

Quote:
.We shouldn’t wait for Washington to tax the rich. We can begin at the state level.

Old 08-22-2019, 05:09 PM

8 years or 20 years, the fact remains that immigrants not only work at jobs necessary to our economy, they also contribute a whole bunch of money in taxes and goods and services they buy here in America.

You may not like them, but they are here to stay and important to our survival.

Old 08-22-2019, 05:45 PM

6,589 posts, read 3,663,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
White Americans are the most likely demographic to join the military where they need to work 18-20 hour days, get shot at, avoid IEDs, and stay all day in the 110F desert heart in full gear. I think they can handle roofing just fine. Nice try though.
Spare me. My Dad was in Africa in WW2. I heard it all about it.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:00 PM

5,379 posts, read 3,076,465 times
Quote:
Spare me. My Dad was in Africa in WW2. I heard it all about it.
Also illegals don't travel the world l(other than to here from where they came from) and get retirement or the GI bill. Any American won’t work for benefits like health etc. so until those jobs match those, military is more promising of a future so it is worth enduring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or