U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM

377 posts, read 41,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Spare me. My Dad was in Africa in WW2. I heard it all about it.
Lol, what does this have to do with your story being crap? Spoon fed to you by the mainstream media because they trust you won't rub two brain cells together to realize just how stupid that is?

But let me be more specific, I live in Miami, and many of my "lily white" friends are roofers. And they make a good living too. Good 6 figures. They make more than many of the college grads. They do just fine. Being on a hot roof in the sun is no problem when you're compensated for it.

Of course there are illegals who do roofing. They charge a little bit less. But that's about it. No magic to our economy. Nothing will collapse if they're kicked out on their asses back to Honduras or wherever they came from.

I also know several people who have restaurants here. They hire illegals, and they give them the runaround. Sometimes they simply don't pay them because guess what? They're illegals what are they going to do? Complain?

Illegals just allow people to circumvent all the federal regulations for workers your side is pushing. And for some reason you guys are such easily led by the nose, you don't even realize that. There will be no loss to our economy, in fact there will be a gain because a lot of illegals save that money and send it to their families back home. Money that could be spent in the USA.

But either way, the solution is to never tolerate illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:52 AM

6,589 posts, read 3,661,427 times
The family, who lived across the street from us, were roofers. Grandpa from Mexico started his own roofing business. His wife was from Puerto Rico. The old man spoke very good English, but his wife didn't. His son was born in Florida and worked for the business. I don't know if the old man was Naturalized or not, but his son was born on US soil with an American Citizen Mother. Does Puerto Rico count? Should their children have birthright citizenship?

Grandpa's dying wish was to be buried in Mexico in "his Country among his family". He said that to me. Again, don't know if he was Naturalized but apparently he still had allegiances to Mexico. His body was shipped to Mexico and the entire family, including 4 teenagers, went there for the funeral. What did all this cost? They certainly weren't poor.

When we were selling our house and needed our roof fixed, we used our neighbor's roofing company. We KNEW him. He did not send one of his (illegal?) workers, but fixed it himself for an extremely good price.

When you are nice to people, whoever they are, they will be nice to you in return.

Old Today, 04:56 AM

5,863 posts, read 1,583,264 times
Quote:
The family, who lived across the street from us, were roofers. Grandpa from Mexico started his own roofing business. His wife was from Puerto Rico. The old man spoke very good English, but his wife didn't. His son was born in Florida and worked for the business. I don't know if the old man was Naturalized or not, but his son was born on US soil with an American Citizen Mother. Does Puerto Rico count? Should their children have birthright citizenship?

Grandpa's dying wish was to be buried in Mexico in "his Country among his family". He said that to me. Again, don't know if he was Naturalized but apparently he still had allegiances to Mexico. His body was shipped to Mexico and the entire family, including 4 teenagers, went there for the funeral. What did all this cost? They certainly weren't poor.

When we were selling our house and needed our roof fixed, we used our neighbor's roofing company. We KNEW him. He did not send one of his (illegal?) workers, but fixed it himself for an extremely good price.

When you are nice to people, whoever they are, they will be nice to you in return.
I'm sure they were very nice, but that doesn't give them the right to break the law. Does a thief who breaks into your home deserve to do so because he says, "Have a nice day?" I'm sure there was an American who would love to have started his own roofing business.

Old Today, 05:05 AM

30,350 posts, read 15,746,630 times
Quote:

So you assume the brown people were here illegally?

Wow!!!

Old Today, 05:50 AM

16,291 posts, read 4,282,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm sure they were very nice, but that doesn't give them the right to break the law. Does a thief who breaks into your home deserve to do so because he says, "Have a nice day?" I'm sure there was an American who would love to have started his own roofing business.
Believe me, any American who wants to start a roofing biz can do so and have all the work they want.

Old Today, 06:10 AM

37,809 posts, read 16,367,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Is it coming before or after he finishes the wall, buys denmark, shuts down the mexican border and has cheaper and better health care for all?

Because I think some of the things above have a higher priority for most....
" buys denmark,"

And WE are called he UN-educated!

Unlike many libs, MANY people can do MORE then 1 thing at a time!

Old Today, 06:11 AM

377 posts, read 41,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Believe me, any American who wants to start a roofing biz can do so and have all the work they want.
And Americans do. It's not like if we kicked out all illegals in 1 second, there won't be any roofers. This is a BS talking point, a lazy one, repeated by Democratic drones.

Old Today, 06:19 AM

67,019 posts, read 30,706,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
And Americans do. It's not like if we kicked out all illegals in 1 second, there won't be any roofers. This is a BS talking point, a lazy one, repeated by Democratic drones.
Correct. I have NO idea why lefties think illegal aliens only work jobs Americans won't do. The truth is actually FAR from that. From the Washington Post, citing Pew Research:

Where illegal aliens work, by industry

For example, the states of California, New York, Illinois, etc., admit illegal aliens who are lawyers to their state bars, thereby giving them a license to practice law even though they are not legally allowed to work in the US.

Old Today, 06:42 AM

5,691 posts, read 3,711,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope... actually FOLLOW the constitution

illegal aliens are NOT subject to the jurisdiction thereof, and therefore their babies are born unto illegals who are NOT subject to the jurisdiction...therefore the babies too are...illegal

if your loyalty and subject to the jurisdiction to ANOTHER country... ie you are a citizen of another country, and here illegally....then your kids are citizens of the other country of which you are a member....

sorry, but you don't reward an illegal action
If you’re in the US you’re subject to its jurisdiction unless you’re a hostile force (army) or a diplomat (immunity from our laws).

Regular people are subject to the jurisdiction of the US the second they step foot on any land in the US.

Old Today, 06:47 AM

5,691 posts, read 3,711,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Brown people can’t be Americans?

There is nothing stopping a white person from starting a roofing company. Aside from it being hard work... immigrants are more likely to start a business than someone born here. They’re not as entitled and soft as we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or