U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:25 PM
 
37,606 posts, read 16,646,406 times
Reputation: 10187

Advertisements

"We're looking at that very seriously, birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land, you walk over the border, have a baby - congratulations, the baby is now a U.S. citizen. ... It's frankly ridiculous," Trump told reporters outside the White House.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...hip/ar-AAG7LHl

I so agree with him, however I don't think he can do that on his own. It needs to be brought up before the Supreme Court as birthright citizenship was never intended for babies born from illegal aliens on our soil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:31 PM
 
16,291 posts, read 4,282,927 times
Reputation: 11479
Is it coming before or after he finishes the wall, buys denmark, shuts down the mexican border and has cheaper and better health care for all?

Because I think some of the things above have a higher priority for most....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:34 PM
 
5,863 posts, read 1,583,264 times
Reputation: 3626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"We're looking at that very seriously, birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land, you walk over the border, have a baby - congratulations, the baby is now a U.S. citizen. ... It's frankly ridiculous," Trump told reporters outside the White House.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...hip/ar-AAG7LHl

I so agree with him, however I don't think he can do that on his own. It needs to be brought up before the Supreme Court as birthright citizenship was never intended for babies born from illegal aliens on our soil.
It needs to be ended. When interpreting the Constitution, we must look at what the intent was when written. In the case of the 14th Amendment, it's pretty obvious, it was adopted to extend citizenship to slaves and their descendants, not anyone who can walk across the border and drop an anchor baby.

We need a test case to be brought ultimately before the SCOTUS for the current interpretation to be changed, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:38 PM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
13,911 posts, read 8,742,308 times
Reputation: 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Is it coming before or after he finishes the wall, buys denmark, shuts down the mexican border and has cheaper and better health care for all?

Because I think some of the things above have a higher priority for most....
It's probably going to come sometime after the tax cut, a massive roll-back of regulations, the appointment of conservative judges, recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, a withdrawal from the Paris Climate agreement, a travel ban from certain extremist countries, pulling out of Trans-Pac agreement, and a roll-back of Cuban policies....
Right after all those things are finished. Which they are.


(Cute how you referenced "buying Denmark". You are the only person in America who even bothers to pretend that was intended.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:38 PM
 
13,022 posts, read 4,014,733 times
Reputation: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"We're looking at that very seriously, birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land, you walk over the border, have a baby - congratulations, the baby is now a U.S. citizen. ... It's frankly ridiculous," Trump told reporters outside the White House.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...hip/ar-AAG7LHl

I so agree with him, however I don't think he can do that on his own. It needs to be brought up before the Supreme Court as birthright citizenship was never intended for babies born from illegal aliens on our soil.
Why doesn't he just issue an executive order? Then let the leftist fight him at the Supreme Court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:43 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
67,247 posts, read 34,245,521 times
Reputation: 14486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"We're looking at that very seriously, birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land, you walk over the border, have a baby - congratulations, the baby is now a U.S. citizen. ... It's frankly ridiculous," Trump told reporters outside the White House.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...hip/ar-AAG7LHl

I so agree with him, however I don't think he can do that on his own. It needs to be brought up before the Supreme Court as birthright citizenship was never intended for babies born from illegal aliens on our soil.
The Holy Grail!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:45 PM
 
257 posts, read 30,872 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"We're looking at that very seriously, birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land, you walk over the border, have a baby - congratulations, the baby is now a U.S. citizen. ... It's frankly ridiculous," Trump told reporters outside the White House.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...hip/ar-AAG7LHl

I so agree with him, however I don't think he can do that on his own. It needs to be brought up before the Supreme Court as birthright citizenship was never intended for babies born from illegal aliens on our soil.
Wonderful ! But can't you guys come up with something that will take Trump out for good ?
This has a self life of ...never mind , it's over already .
All we have is Biden 3030 and the dunce will gaff himself to death long before Trump ever gets a chance to school him .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:49 PM
 
16,291 posts, read 4,282,927 times
Reputation: 11479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It's probably going to come sometime after the tax cut, a massive roll-back of regulations, the appointment of conservative judges, recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, a withdrawal from the Paris Climate agreement, a travel ban from certain extremist countries, pulling out of Trans-Pac agreement, and a roll-back of Cuban policies....
Right after all those things are finished. Which they are.
Is the budget balanced? I thought that was the single biggest promise of "conservatives".....as too these thing above, they are crumbs. Health care is 3 trillion a year. Balancing the budget is many many trillions over the years planned.

That you would call "more tax cuts from debt and deficit" a good thing is quite telling.

Symbolism is big among certain folks. Actual accomplishments...well, to quote the Dear Leader "Health care is hard" (so I won't do it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:53 PM
 
16,291 posts, read 4,282,927 times
Reputation: 11479
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why doesn't he just issue an executive order? Then let the leftist fight him at the Supreme Court.
Too much income from Russians infiltrating our country - in HIS buildings. Plus, they lent him the money to bail him out when these places went belly up.

Russians good.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia...to-us-citizens

Now, go ahead. Tell us it's fake news....and that it's also fake news that Kushner is selling green cards along with their condos in China.......

Let's be honest. Didn't you say that?

Ok, so would you say that 3 million in net worth is adequate for birthright citizenship? Or should it cost 5 million? Or, only the really wealthy?

What is your ideal cutoff so we can avoid most brown people (except perhaps Millionaire Indians) and still keep the doors open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 04:59 PM
 
7,637 posts, read 2,722,687 times
Reputation: 2991
Is this before or after he buys Greenland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top