U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2019, 11:46 PM

11,722 posts, read 3,109,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
There's no doubt that Trump has a huge ego, but that's irrelevant to whether or not he was trying to be ironically humorous with his "chosen one" remark. It's obvious from the video that he was.
IDk about that...Trump has mentioned how he is a Christian here and there in the past...for him to make this statement, and in front of tv cameras and a big crowd...that is pretty significant imo and I think he knows that too. (that statement is something that the 'antichrist' is predicted to say when he reaches a position a power!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 12:14 AM

3,420 posts, read 1,022,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IDk about that...Trump has mentioned how he is a Christian here and there in the past...for him to make this statement, and in front of tv cameras and a big crowd...that is pretty significant imo and I think he knows that too. (that statement is something that the 'antichrist' is predicted to say when he reaches a position a power!)
What took my breath away was during the 2016 campaign when he said, "I and I alone can fix America's problems", I knew he was a whack-a-doodle for sure. He thinks he is very GREAT and POWERFUL. He clearly expected the Presidency to be like being handed a dictatorship, and seemed shocked to find out we have a government where there are separations of power. It doesn't surprise me that he thought he could just tell everyone in Congress and the Courts what to do because I don't think he's read very many books, ever.

Old 08-25-2019, 03:21 AM

31,000 posts, read 34,019,997 times
...declares Trump jokingly.

Some people have no sense of humor.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:51 AM

24,672 posts, read 12,891,626 times
The Chosen One -- watch The Family folks....lol.

As someone pointed out -- this all fits the notion of Chosen One,

Old 08-25-2019, 07:29 AM

15,476 posts, read 9,469,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
OBama is the guy who said 'we are the ones we have been waiting for', which is the long way of saying he is the chosen one.

His speech with the Greek columns also was not indicative of a humble person.

We NOT i and Oprah was responsible for that chosen one B.S.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:13 AM

8,585 posts, read 4,395,425 times
Obama also said that the sea levels stopped rising when he won the nomination.

This indicates he has a Messiah complex.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Or even like Bush.

And I am not being sarcastic. All three were PRESIDENTS.

Trump? He may have the title, but he sure doesn't have the ability.

A politician can't serve the entire nation. He can only represent the people who supported him. If you try to please everybody you will please nobody.

What Obama and CLinton supported went against my own interests.

What liberals mean is that Trump should be the president of liberals even though liberals didn't vote for him.

Liberals believe they should retain power even when they lose elections.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Obama is a near perfect man as the bible defines a perfect man, one who has control of his tongue. Trump hates Obama BECAUSE Obama is EVERYTHING that Trump is NOT. It eats Donald alive. I do feel somewhat sorry for Donald because in a sense, he didn't get to choose his role... kind of like Judas didn't get to choose his role. So in that regard, I do pity the man. But he is quite dastardly and there is no denying that.

You are right. Trump is literally like Hitler and he's jealous of Obama too.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:52 AM

5,031 posts, read 1,054,810 times
Quote:
Obama also said that the sea levels stopped rising when he won the nomination.

This indicates he has a Messiah complex.
Source for your assertion? Or is this a figment of an overactive mind.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:55 AM

5,031 posts, read 1,054,810 times
Quote:
A politician can't serve the entire nation. He can only represent the people who supported him. If you try to please everybody you will please nobody.

What Obama and CLinton supported went against my own interests.

What liberals mean is that Trump should be the president of liberals even though liberals didn't vote for him.

Liberals believe they should retain power even when they lose elections.
Go back to the quote from G.W. Bush's entrance to his library. I was so struck by those words when I walked in compared to the present perspective of the current person who sits in the Oval Office that I had to take that picture.

I've been to 8 presidential libraries. All had their faults, but all were presidents who knew they only temporarily were in that office and tried to their best. I didn't agree with all anyone of them did but recognize they tried to the best for the citizens of the USA.

Trump doesn't understand the concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or