Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 07:12 PM

17,416 posts, read 6,759,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
More like, there's the normal people who just laugh at his idiocy, then his looney nutty supporters.
Clearly you haven't read the thread. The outrage is delicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 07:13 PM

8,440 posts, read 4,490,419 times
He is definitely not of sound mind. Extremely unstable and delusional.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:14 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,770,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Trump's tweeted endorsement of the concept that he is King of Israel, President of the Jews is bad enough: “Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him / like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God / But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for / all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow!

So that endorsed concept was fresh in his mind when he decided to proclaim himself "the chosen one" among other presidents. His current fixation on the Jews is also troubling.
When he's speaking to "Jews" he's actually speaking to his evangelical Christian base. Everything right now is about Trump being an End Times President, somewhat of a last reprieve before the final judgment.

When Trump Calls Jews Disloyal, He

In my opinion as a former evangelical Christian who is now an atheist Democrat, this is all a backlash against the Obergefell vs Hodges decision in 2015 and other instances where fundamentalist Christians feel they have been persecuted in America. The Trump era is payback to the left. That's why they love him and won't care even if he destroys the country. America is doomed for legalizing gay marriage anyways. That's not my belief but that's what much of Trump's base believes and that's the mindset driving this entire era. If I were my younger self I'd probably believe that right now.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:15 PM

13,593 posts, read 9,632,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
When are you guys going to learn that he does this just to mess with you?
One hopes, however tentatively, that the President of the United States of America has more weighty and compelling things to do, than to "mess with us".

Old 08-21-2019, 07:16 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'm wondering if he understands the implication of what he said.

I am the Chosen One': with boasts and insults, Trump sets new benchmark for incoherence
President outdoes himself in new press conference as he attacks the Danish prime minister, Jewish Democrats and the press

What followed might have swept away all previous Trumpian benchmarks for incoherence, self-aggrandizement, prevarication and rancor in a presidency that has seemed before to veer loosely along the rails of reason but may never have come quite so close to spectacularly jumping the tracks.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...wish-democrats

Trump Proclaims Himself The Chosen One In Front Of White House Reporters
It also appears that Donald Trump is finally taking his God complex public. Trump has also tweeted that he loved like the King of Israel and the second coming of God.
https://www.politicususa.com/2019/08...hosen-one.html

America Chose Him....
No one else.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:18 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,569,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Lets provide the facts that the deranged Trump haters are leaving out.

Trump said he is the chosen on to take on China. He talked about how the last few presidents should have already have done this, but since they didn't, he is now the chosen one to take on China.

Yep, that's it, but the deranged are further losing their minds over this.
Is that you, Kelly Ann? We didn't know that you now are interpreting on public forums what the Orange One said actually means.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:18 PM

America did not choose him. He was millions of votes behind. The outdated electoral college chose him.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:19 PM

42,766 posts, read 26,048,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
No. The point is that the topic was purposefully mislabeled.
Mislabeled? It was verbatim

Old 08-21-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Isn't it great how Trump roils the nutty left? Love it.

The nut is Trump.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:21 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,849,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Name calling -- such a substantive way to debate the issue.

And for the Trump wasn't chosen by most Americans....some did...most didn't.

AND -- it is a flat out lie that other Presidents did not address the trade issues with China.. There has always been concern and an ongoing effort to deal with China.

Trump hasn't fixed anything.

Two and half years in and he seems to be taking credit for fixing the trade issues with China......we aren't any further ahead. There is no progress.

Previous administrations have held talks and negotiated....they had the same problems Trump is having with China.

The only difference is Trump's application of tariffs....bullying, name calling and blowing off all that hot air.

He puts on a show -- that's what he does.

And for the record there have been two pundits in two days that support Trump that have said that. They said that Trump is a New Yorker who says outrageous things...he's all talk...you can't take him seriously with stuff like that.

And they are right. We can't take Trump seriously at all.
Maybe, but he did win most states and that is how it should be. I am grateful for the wisdom of our founding fathers. They protected the people from the will of high density population centers. Keep in mind, at this point the Dems should win every single election easily. They out number Republicans by a good margin. Trump was bad, but Hillary was even worse.

As for the rest I tend to agree. That said the definition of insanity is to try the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Licking China's dirty arse hasn't gotten us anywhere but further behind. I live in Asia and I can tell you that the Tariffs have impacted China. Tourism from Chinese is down 30% from a year ago. Yes it's hurting others as well, but sometimes change is painful. I am not holding my breath, because too often Trump backs off too soon. Mexico? Redoing NAFTA? Working the health care issue. I can go on and on .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies