U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 11:33 AM

30,934 posts, read 15,899,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Then you are saying the media should never cover the markets? This hasnt ever been a point of discussion before, did the bush recession get blamed on the media, Obamas rate of recovery?
No, I'm saying the media has the ability to manipulate the market via selective reporting or even lying.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:34 AM

576 posts, read 483,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Then you are saying the media should never cover the markets? This hasnt ever been a point of discussion before, did the bush recession get blamed on the media, Obamas rate of recovery?

LOL newsflash the media is a big lagging indicator. Big media controls the sheep. Keep an eye out for another "Silence of The Lambs".

Old Today, 11:34 AM

2,008 posts, read 410,420 times
It's fortunate that most sane Americans no longer listen to these propaganda outlets. Talk radio and FOX News are fair more reliable, and far more popular.

Old Today, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Left wingers aka Demwits hate this country and want to destroy it. It couldn't be more obvious

Those with half a brain left need to #WalkAway before their brains totally atrophy from disuse. Go into the Light of Truth!

What's the best way to rob a bank? One might say to create a diversion between two people or parties.

You've got some reading to do on the 1% who owns DC.

Old Today, 11:38 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,161,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
LOL Trump is hoping that his followers don't pay attention to economics and any fine print. He's hoping they stay passive with their middle finger up to the country. Let's not get things twisted..how many of you allow your kids to watch his behavior?

If he thought any different he wouldn't have made a life gaming the system his entire life. It always amazes me that people look past the thoughts from the very people that knew him in New York. Why is it that no one supports him in his own city? I mean he's president now? Most people would hop on that wagon in an instant. Must be something there... something.
That's unfortunately how life works now. You have to game the system to make money. One of the larger retailers in my area has gone bankrupt like 5 times, yet the owner has a huge home, kids all in college, nice cars, boat, and all the toys and goodies. Meanwhile, the machine shops I used to work for which their owners and workers all earned an honest living making parts for plastic molds, airplanes, helicopters, dental chairs, boats, power supplies, and much more, are gone or skeletons of what they were thanks to overseas outsourcing.

Old Today, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It's fortunate that most sane Americans no longer listen to these propaganda outlets. Talk radio and FOX News are fair more reliable, and far more popular.

LMAO. I hear the same noises on those stations. Mooooooooo Baaaaaaaaa

Expand your intake.

Old Today, 11:42 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,161,590 times
Or...heaven forbid.....go to the .gov sites and look at the MATH. Trade, deficits, jobs gained or lost, all posted to view and make your own conclusions.

Old Today, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
That's unfortunately how life works now. You have to game the system to make money. One of the larger retailers in my area has gone bankrupt like 5 times, yet the owner has a huge home, kids all in college, nice cars, boat, and all the toys and goodies. Meanwhile, the machine shops I used to work for making parts for plastic molds, airplanes, helicopters, dental chairs, boats, power supplies, and much more, are gone or skeletons of what they were thanks to overseas outsourcing.

Everything is outsourced now unfortunately. Trump wants to claim he's trying to keep jobs here or bring jobs back.. give me a break. We're past the tipping point..

My hope is that this glass floor economy starts to tank before his reelection so the real people with real stories drop the Trump Thumper mindset. BIG money does not want to see ANY of the dems get elected so they're trying everything in their power right now. The top 1% pay 40%+ of all taxes, they're puckering like mad right now.

Old Today, 01:03 PM

787 posts, read 401,677 times
Default Trump supporters and Economic Downturn Denial Syndrome

Trump supporters like to say that those who disagree with President Trump have "Trump Derangement Syndrome." I have been accused of having TDS on this forum because I have said that Trump's economy isn't doing well and that he uses rhetoric that I find to be inappropriate and sometimes, bigoted.

I think that some Trump supporters have what I like to call "Economic Downturn Denial Syndrome." Despite evidence to the contrary, these supporters of Trump can't accept the reality that the Trump economy is not much different than the Obama economy.

A few weeks ago, I posted about how Trump's policies have resulted in stagnant economic growth. That post on this forum can be found here: Trump's record.

In recent weeks, three interesting articles have pointed out that the Trump economy is not all that great and that we could be headed for recession:
1. https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4...omic-narrative
2. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ptember-begins
3. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...st-a-recession

Some supporters of President Trump dismiss any talk of an economic slowdown as "fake news" because some on CNN and MSNBC have started talking about the economy in recent weeks. But those of us who believe in free markets and adhere to the Austrian school of economic thinking have been skeptical of Trump's policies for a while, and evidence in recent months have pointed to a slowdown in economic growth. The sad reality is, some of President Trump's supporters refuse to accept undeniable facts and refuse to try and gain a better understanding of economics.

Old Today, 01:06 PM

24,961 posts, read 12,273,196 times
When it happens is when it happens.

Fools and talking heads have been saying this for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies