Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 02:10 PM

16,860 posts, read 10,493,056 times

Advertisements

More scare tactics by the left, wishful thinking that our nation will fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 02:11 PM

2,923 posts, read 968,874 times
It is fake news until it actually happens. The economy can slow and rise without there actually being a crash believe it or not (see obamas last 2 years in office). What you are talking about is conjecture not facts but we all know you are slobbering at the thought of a crash before the election. I'm guessing you are living paycheck to paycheck and have little saved away.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:13 PM

Wait, I thought you guys said Washington examiner and 0 hedge ARE fake news? What gives?

Old 09-10-2019, 02:15 PM

23,748 posts, read 14,869,306 times
Thousands of years ago, Joseph told of economic cycles. Pharaoh's dream of 7 years of feast and 7 years of famine. Looks like some don't believe the economy cycles.

We have had a long run feast years.

Like T-310 said it'll happen when it happens.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,164,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
But OP hates Trump, so he (and the media sources he cites) needs a recession to happen sooner rather than later.

All he is doing is engaging in propaganda at the behest of the MSM and DNC.
Sorry--the Trade War is coming home to roost.

"...Trump has slipped by a slight 5 percentage points specifically on his handling of the economy, from 51% approval in midsummer to 46% now. Fewer -- 35% -- approve of his handling of trade negotiations with China, and 60% are concerned that the trade dispute will raise the price of things they buy..."

...Most ominously, 60% see a recession as very or somewhat likely in the next year. That’s within sight of the 69% who said so in November 2007, in advance of the Great Recession... "

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ten-...ry?id=65414875

Old 09-10-2019, 02:21 PM

7,727 posts, read 6,290,027 times
IF it happens, it will have been manufactured by the left.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sorry--the Trade War is coming home to roost.

"...Trump has slipped by a slight 5 percentage points specifically on his handling of the economy, from 51% approval in midsummer to 46% now. Fewer -- 35% -- approve of his handling of trade negotiations with China, and 60% are concerned that the trade dispute will raise the price of things they buy..."

...Most ominously, 60% see a recession as very or somewhat likely in the next year. That’s within sight of the 69% who said so in November 2007, in advance of the Great Recession... "

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ten-...ry?id=65414875
oh boy you guys and your polls. the average person is an idiot and knows little to nothing about the economy. go look at the vix before you shed tears.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:31 PM

18,397 posts, read 7,006,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Trump supporters like to say that those who disagree with President Trump have "Trump Derangement Syndrome." I have been accused of having TDS on this forum because I have said that Trump's economy isn't doing well and that he uses rhetoric that I find to be inappropriate and sometimes, bigoted.

I think that some Trump supporters have what I like to call "Economic Downturn Denial Syndrome." Despite evidence to the contrary, these supporters of Trump can't accept the reality that the Trump economy is not much different than the Obama economy.

A few weeks ago, I posted about how Trump's policies have resulted in stagnant economic growth. That post on this forum can be found here: Trump's record.

In recent weeks, three interesting articles have pointed out that the Trump economy is not all that great and that we could be headed for recession:
1. https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4...omic-narrative
2. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ptember-begins
3. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...st-a-recession

Some supporters of President Trump dismiss any talk of an economic slowdown as "fake news" because some on CNN and MSNBC have started talking about the economy in recent weeks. But those of us who believe in free markets and adhere to the Austrian school of economic thinking have been skeptical of Trump's policies for a while, and evidence in recent months have pointed to a slowdown in economic growth. The sad reality is, some of President Trump's supporters refuse to accept undeniable facts and refuse to try and gain a better understanding of economics.

Another butt hurt Democrat trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy with predictions of doom and gloom.

Getting close to 2020.......Dems are praying for an economic downturn.....even if they have to make it themselves.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,164,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
oh boy you guys and your polls. the average person is an idiot and knows little to nothing about the economy. go look at the vix before you shed tears.
I'm not shedding tears. Trump is. He seems compelled to tell everyone how fabulous the economy is every 10 minutes.

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...witter-1718661

Old 09-10-2019, 02:35 PM

4,485 posts, read 1,836,018 times
Never before in the history of our country has such a massive deranged mob of people desperately wished for widespread economic hardship for their fellow men and women.

Terrifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies