U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

11,133 posts, read 5,158,919 times

Advertisements

And yet the economic numbers are still very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM

426 posts, read 52,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somore52 View Post
this is "me me me" mentality of the konservatives
\
I got mine, I dont care about you
And Democrats here are basically begging for a recession so Trump will lose in 2020. This is not "me me, screw anyone else" mentality this is "burn down everything, screw everyone, including me, because I have a terminal case of TDS"

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM

17,704 posts, read 19,190,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Say what you will, my portfolio is up 41% since he was elected. That is real $$$$$. I know many hate him. I like what is happening to my retirement funds.
Meanwhile, a lot of King Cheetos poor and working class supporters are suffering financially....but as long as you are okay....

Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM

11,133 posts, read 5,158,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Meanwhile, a lot of King Cheetos poor and working class supporters are suffering financially....but as long as you are okay....
I don't know who "King Cheetos" is, but by ever measure working class Americans are doing better under Trump.

In fact, the lowest wage earners are seeing some of the highest wage growth.

But hey, lets not let the facts get in the way of your ridiculous smears.

Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM

9,583 posts, read 2,917,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
That's really just due to media coverage. Nothing has fundamentally changed where the average American worker will feel it. It's not like people are being laid off, and companies are shuttering up. But the media keeps saying over and over again that a recession is coming and the people will believe it.
Au contraire
https://fortune.com/2018/07/05/trump...fs-us-layoffs/
https://markets.businessinsider.com/...9-4-1028115373
https://www.cato.org/publications/co...trumps-tariffs

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM

16,451 posts, read 4,330,006 times
More and more Americans are losing health insurance each day. Any American reliant on the stock market is hurting.

Housing is down or stable at best. Car sales are down. Durable goods sales are down...or, at best, stable.

But make no mistake about it. This is an intentionally created crisis - created by Orange Man. Things were continuing to get better and better and if Trump did nothing except let others run the ship we'd be in much better shape.

Chaos doesn't work as a management style.

Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM

15,919 posts, read 13,776,471 times
The media has been blasting non-stop even before Trump took office that the economy is going to take a downturn due to Trump. All this propaganda of course is going to have some people "worried the economy is getting worse and not better".

Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM

16,451 posts, read 4,330,006 times
A hard rain is going to fall in certain places. Not everywhere......hopefully, unless the dominos fall (if Trump policies result in the dollar ending its reign, etc.)......

Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

23,949 posts, read 12,596,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Say what you will, my portfolio is up 41% since he was elected. That is real $$$$$. I know many hate him. I like what is happening to my retirement funds.
Don't you wonder what it would have done if it didn't have all this instability caused by his chaotic approach to negotiations. I do.

In May of 2017 the New NAFTA was ready to be signed...It was all agreed to. At the last minute Pence called for a change in the schedule for re-evaluation and refused to sign.

For a year and a bit Trump huffed and puffed and claimed to be protecting the USA. Eventually an agreement with Mexico and then Canada....basically the same agreement from May of 2017 WITHOUT the change in the schedule. During that year -- the stock market reacted to trade rants from Trump --- up and down...wonder if it would have just gone up if he had signed it, stopped hurling insults at allies.

THe Dow has gone up 35% so you have done well -January 21 2017 - to today- congrats.

Old Today, 04:00 AM

38,980 posts, read 15,302,757 times
Wisconsin leads the nation in family farm bankruptcies.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...m-bankruptcies

"According to 24/7 Wall St., bankruptcies have soared this year: "In the first seven months of 2019, nearly 43,000 workers lost their jobs when the companies they worked for filed for bankruptcy. That’s higher than the full-year total for any year since 2009."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ates/39943957/

Texas isn't the only state bracing for bankruptcies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies