U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:43 AM

19,638 posts, read 17,672,604 times

Advertisements

We have fake news, fake weather fake epidemics, fake polls, fake suicides and now fake recessions. I guess fake alien invasions are the only thing left they haven't tried.
I've written the government off as complete BS artists with the MSM close behind them.
Just stick to social media and you can filter out the truth from alternative news sources and citizen journalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:48 AM

5,524 posts, read 1,138,236 times
Quote:
=vacoder;55992784 Is Fox liberal?
Yes.

The left/DEMs pull whatever is necessary for the moment out of their pocket of doom and gloom when needed to rouse up fear/anger in their minions.

Racism!!! Earth is ending!!! Recession!!! Guns are bad people!!!

Old Today, 06:51 AM

9,392 posts, read 2,869,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
We have fake news, fake weather fake epidemics, fake polls, fake suicides and now fake recessions. I guess fake alien invasions are the only thing left they haven't tried.
I've written the government off as complete BS artists with the MSM close behind them.
Just stick to social media and you can filter out the truth from alternative news sources and citizen journalists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes.

The left/DEMs pull whatever is necessary for the moment out of their pocket of doom and gloom when needed to rouse up fear/anger in their minions.

Racism!!! Earth is ending!!! Recession!!! Guns are bad people!!!
Do me a favor and click on the following link:
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=n5OI

What it shows is the difference between the yield on the 5-year treasury note, and the 3-month treasury bill.

Recessions are highlighted in gray.

Notice that every time the difference between the two dipped below 0 for more than a week or two, a recession followed within a year or so.

Next, zoom in with the slider below the chart to the last year or so.

Guess what has been below 0 since at least April?

Next, read my observation I just said above: "Notice that every time the difference between the two dipped below 0 for more than a week or two, a recession followed within a year or so."

What does that tell you?

Old Today, 06:53 AM

10,637 posts, read 6,410,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
But the recession has yet to materialize and the media keeps repeating the same thing over and over the last 5 years while the stock market keeps riding new highs even after a few correction on the way.

The same media keeps saying the tariffs will bring our economy to its knees but consumer sentiments and spending still very high. The tariffs has been nothing but a bluff to get China to the bargaining tables.

Unemployment at 48 year lows sitting at 3.8%

The media really out of touch with this country.

I remember in 2016 this woman at work says she's dumping all the stocks in her portfolio now that Trump is president that he'll start the recession in this country. If she didn't sell and bought like I did. She would've made out huge.

Of course, create the panic, and people will follow.

Old Today, 07:02 AM

4,622 posts, read 2,721,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Of course, create the panic, and people will follow.
And yet all of those who keep complaining about the media continue to read it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies