Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 04:48 PM

412 posts, read 145,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
As crazy as admitting gay people have rights and that woman should have control over their own bodies. It really comes down to that. Maybe admitting that Democrats are good people and real Americans who love their country just like Republicans would do it as well.
Women should murder innocent lives?

Are you serious?

And Trump is the insane one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
My top issues for the 2020 election are as follows.

1. The economy
2. The environment
3. Civil rights

Trump has taken a wrecking ball to all three of them and we likely have a very long road ahead to get back to where we were just a few years ago.
The economy has been fantastic.

You can't be serious.

And civil rights? Obama set race relations back for decades

Old 08-23-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is your view: others see it different: how about unemployment rates for starters? Even with the bad day the market is having today: how about the stock market compared to the day he was sworn in as our President. I am not a Trump lover when it comes to personality> In fact I am anything but and I understand people not personally not liking him, but I do not understand how anyone can not see what he has accomplished.
Liberals act like women on their period over Trump. So overemotional it's incredible.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:03 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Clearly, It's the collection of losers, vulgarians and dysfunctinals over in Deep Left Field who are becoming more unhinged with every passing day.

Of late, the thickest among you have been hoping for a recession -- because they see it as the only means left to take down the man who destroyed their fantasies -- which they expect their usual bottom-of-the-barrel captive clientele to lap up like so much cream soda.

Hopefully, the rest of us will be splitting our sides laughing when this "strategy" backfires in 2020.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-23-2019 at 05:20 PM..

Old 08-23-2019, 05:20 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
YOu lefties have been saying he is unhinged since before he went into office. Maybe if you actually listened to him instead of CNN pundits and out of context sound bites, you might know they are snowing you.
You are speaking of the president who canceled a state visit because the prime minister of Denmark declined to sell part of Danish territory to the United States. Can you really look at that sort of behavior and think Trump’s critics have the derangement problem?

We've all listened to him. His full blown craziness is on video tape and tweet history for the world to view. His irrational and delusional statements are not out of context sound bites. His tweets are not edited and Donald Trump's observable behavior should give all Americans cause for serious concern. We have a mentally and emotionally unfit president. This week's list of bizarre antics alone are enough to convey to all who have eyes and ears that the President of the United States is losing it...he is unhinged!

For a sampling of 2 days of this week's mess:

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/22/208279...ness-explained

Old 08-23-2019, 05:33 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
YOu lefties have been saying he is unhinged since before he went into office. Maybe if you actually listened to him instead of CNN pundits and out of context sound bites, you might know they are snowing you.
I do listen to him. Yep, he's cray-cray.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:36 PM

266 posts, read 300,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is absurd in the year 2019. Land purchases such as those you referenced are all things of the past. Land masses are no longer bought and sold.
Your statments just prove that not teaching American history in school takes it's toll.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:08 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Yup, Trump is 100% koo koo for cocoa puffs. He's probably got early stage dementia. Can he be trusted with the nuclear codes at this point?

It's funny reading Trump supporters in this thread making these failed attempts at whataboutism. Sanders, Warren, AOC, etc. are all very sane. Any attempt at painting them as loony is laughable. Seriously, the GOP has got to come to grips with the fact that the president is not well.

Last edited by Elliott_CA; 08-23-2019 at 07:17 PM..

Old 08-23-2019, 08:40 PM

1,138 posts, read 448,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
SO ALL OUT WRONG! ObamaCare was never abolished and replaced. Mexico still hasn't built the wall. More stores are closing than ever. Trump's tariffs don't help. Mass shootings still happen. That's just for starters.

So most of your examples are that Trump hasn't fixed things that were already broken? Trump didn't pass obamacare. Mexico didn't build the wall for obama either. I haven't seen any statistics supporting your position more stores are closing than ever. By your own admission mass shootings happened before Trump. Trump has offered solutions over and over for other problems that were blocked by democrats or the courts. Given all the resistance he has had, I think he has done a great job. Imagine if he had bi-partisan support?

I didn't say the country was perfect now. I didn't say Trump was perfect. I said it is better off now than it was, and it is. The market is up and unemployment is down. Those are huge improvements.

Like him or not, I don't care, but he won and is our President. In my mind he was a much smarter choice than Hillary. She has been a disaster in every job she has held, and would have been a horrible president. The only one profiting from her presidency would have been her.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:05 PM

1,138 posts, read 448,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
That the country is better off now is your opinion.
Yes it is, and the opinion of most non partisan economist too. The only ones who don't agree with that are the same ones who carry on about his hair, mean tweets, golf game and other meaningless things.

Quote:
Trump has cut EPA regulations and endangered our wildlife and our environment.

The EPA is an entity out of control and drunk with activist power. It has become an enforcement arm of the government shutting down businesses and farms for insane violations that are meaningless to anyone except the left wing eco nuts.

Quote:
He's destabilizing our economy for his own personal gain, trying to bully the Fed to lower interest rates by playing Russian roulette with this trade war.

The Fed raised the rate to slow the economy. It was purely political to hamper Trump's economy. The should have allowed the growth to continue. Trump called them on it. That's not bullying, it is calling out a poor decision. If you understood the precipice we are on with debt and interest, you would also understand obama had much more to do with it than Trump, but ultimately it is a disaster that has been in the making longer than either of them. Blame congress, obama or Trump all you want, but Trump is right, we need the rate down and the economy up. Trump isn't destabilizing anything. He is trying to save the economy. It might already be a lost cause. If your democrats get in and transfer the college debt to the taxpayers, give Medicare and other benefits to everyone including illegals, and pass the green new deal, you can 100% guarantee we go under.

Quote:
Immigration is even more of a mess than it has been. He has gotten nothing done on the drug prices or infrastructure or healthcare like promised.

Those are problems that existed before him.

Quote:
The majority of Americans agree with me.

No they don't, but the loudest ones do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies