U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 10:50 AM

10,690 posts, read 9,198,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Senkaku Islands are a total of five uninhabited tiny islands and three rocks that make up a mere 7 square kilometres (1,700 acres). Their ownership had been disputed for some time as several countries had claims. Big difference from something such as Greenland.
Ignoring the second part there, huh? The article lays out quite a few purchases and there are many which have been going on. The claim was these land purchases by countries no longer exists in the modern era. That was proven wrong. The Sekaku Islands was one I knew off the top of my head, the article I posted showed it was even more common than I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 10:55 AM

10,690 posts, read 9,198,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Just admit that you had no idea what you were talking about when you first posted, it'll be easier for everyone once you accept that you were wrong.
CD is making me spread it around before I can rep you again.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:55 AM

72,972 posts, read 85,120,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The past several days have really illustrated that Donald Trump has become unhinged and is very much mentally unstable. He in the last week has come up with the absurd proposal to purchase Greenland, cancelled a meeting to Denmark because its PM would not entertain his lunacy, insulted a great majority of Americans of a certain religious persuasion for not supporting him based his support for a foreign country, reneged on his call for more stringent background checks for gun purchases made right after the mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, flip flopped numerous times within a matter of days on a payroll tax cut, attacked his hand picked Federal Reserve members, called himself the chosen one and retweeted a conspiracy theory nut's comments that he is the king of Israel and 2nd coming of God.

These are the ravings of a madman. The 25th Amendment addresses the case of an incapacitated president and sets the guidelines for the Vice President to take over. It would seem that time is now.
So someone comes up with an idea that doesn't meet with you approval and he is unhinged, glad you told u that. It is very powerful and we will all agree with you:NOT!!!! As for purchasing Greenland, I am sure you are not old enough or haven't done any research or you would know he is not the first president to suggest this. As for cancelling the meeting, I agree that was not one of his smarter moves.

He insulted an entire religious group? Care to share with us what group that might be?

As for gun background checks I must have missed his saying we should not do that, you must of heard it.
His calling himself the chosen one was stupid, I agree, but we have all gotten accustom to his tweets and his saying things that are totally out of bounds.

Good luck with getting him removed from office. I hope you are not seriously counting on this happening.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:58 AM

5,682 posts, read 3,427,672 times
You want Mike Pence to take over if Trump gets removed from office? He is a far-right hardcore conservative, which the left should be worried about.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:00 AM

9,618 posts, read 4,430,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
You want Mike Pence to take over if Trump gets removed from office? He is a far-right hardcore conservative, which the left should be worried about.
What's his position on the economy and trade? I think with Pence at the helm we may be able to avoid the economic collapse currently underway because of Trump.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:01 AM

72,972 posts, read 85,120,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Good lord, really? And replace him with whom--Pence?

Trump is absolute garbage, but so is every other President, with the exception of Harrison--who was the only good President because he died a month into office.
WOW do you have a cynical view of the leaders of our country...!!!! So you are saying Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Reagan and others were garbage. Care to share with up why and how? Why do I think you may not want to explain yourself?

Old 08-23-2019, 11:06 AM

1,012 posts, read 544,688 times
I think Pence would be far more stable at this point...

Old 08-23-2019, 11:47 AM

4,446 posts, read 1,291,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
No point in reading any further. Just another whining crybaby with Trump Delusion Syndrome. (yawn)

These people seem to enjoy the mutual masturbation they find from other TDS sufferers in threads like this.

You didn't quite get that right. For the left it's "Trump DERANGEMENT syndrome". For the right it's "Trump DELUSION syndrome".

It's about their delusion that this man is sane in any way shape of form.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:49 AM

10,410 posts, read 3,108,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I am trying to be non partisan here (although most liberals will not believe it). Trump has not done anything that would warrant a 25th amendment solution. He has done lots of things that people disagree with (so did the previous president) , he says or tweets some things I definitely wish he didn't, he speaks in ways many would think are not becoming of a president (lots of people like that very thing about him).
But nothing he has done should lead an unbiased person to feel he is unfit or unable to serve. Not liking what he does isn't enough. Elections are for that (vote him out).

I feel if Joe Biden is elected the 25th amendment could become a real possibility. He appears to be slowly approaching a state of senility. Maybe a year or two , maybe longer, maybe not at all but I can't watch him and not wonder about his current and future mental acuity.
It's not not liking what he does. It's the effects his words and actions are having on this country, not to mention in the eyes of our allies. He's completely ineffectual. Like a bull in a damn china shop. Not a clue on diplomacy or how government works. Not to mention all the crazy crap that comes out of his mouth.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:50 AM

4,446 posts, read 1,291,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You left wingers have been babbling about impeachment and the 25th amendment and Trump for a couple years now, when will any of you grow a set and actually do something instead of being pathetic, spineless whiners? 😂

Do what exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies