U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 11:55 AM

10,394 posts, read 3,108,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Do what exactly?
Yeah, I thought invoking the 25th had to come from Pence? Or am I wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 11:56 AM

5,288 posts, read 1,921,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's not not liking what he does. It's the effects his words and actions are having on this country, not to mention in the eyes of our allies. He's completely ineffectual. Like a bull in a damn china shop. Not a clue on diplomacy or how government works. Not to mention all the crazy crap that comes out of his mouth.
It's not that Trump is unique. There are plenty of hucksters like him out there, some of them become Mafia celebrities or similar. The amazing part is that he actually got 25% of the voting public to cast a ballot for one of them. This is what you really have to worry about - are we even capable of governing ourselves?

What elected Trump in 2016 were the 50% that didn't bother to go to the polls. There is going to be a much larger turnout in 2020, probably a historical turnout. It will be interesting.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:12 PM

72,972 posts, read 85,120,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Yes, among others. We need stable, intelligent people in the government. People with critical thinking skills, not a person that speaks badly of anyone that does not agree with his constant dribble of nonsense.
If we are smart and some of us are trying we will just let him talk and not pay any attention to his babbling. We will realize the good things he has done for us.. As for the candidates running on your side: how can anyone say Biden is sharp or stable? The same of course with Sanders. The rest, might be stable but the are so far out to the left they stand almost no chance of being elected. BTW remove Trump from office or just try and beat him in 2020. For those who want him removed with barely a year to go: I have to think you are really running scared or you would just wait it out.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is absurd in the year 2019. Land purchases such as those you referenced are all things of the past. Land masses are no longer bought and sold.
My it was perfectly right and acceptable if others did it, but not now: I certainly am glad I don't have your way of thinking!!!!! Oh and just one more addition to your first post or should I say correction: Trump did not say he was the second coming check you facts before posting: He did say Jews love him like he was: that is quite different.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If we are smart and some of us are trying we will just let him talk and not pay any attention to his babbling. We will realize the good things he has done for us.. As for the candidates running on your side: how can anyone say Biden is sharp or stable? The same of course with Sanders. The rest, might be stable but the are so far out to the left they stand almost no chance of being elected. BTW remove Trump from office or just try and beat him in 2020. For those who want him removed with barely a year to go: I have to think you are really running scared or you would just wait it out.
My worry with Trump staying in office, which I believe he will actually, is every damn day he does something else to harm the environment. We can't afford to let him keep cutting regulations, allowing drilling on public lands, develop public lands, etc. That's one of my biggest gripes with him, although certainly not the only one. It seems he has a propensity to alienate our allies and shoot himself and us in the foot with his policies and non-understanding of how being a president works. I don't see all the good things he has done for us. Quite the opposite.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:19 PM

9,617 posts, read 4,430,223 times
Quote:
My worry with Trump staying in office, which I believe he will actually, is every damn day he does something else to harm the environment. We can't afford to let him keep cutting regulations, allowing drilling on public lands, develop public lands, etc. That's one of my biggest gripes with him, although certainly not the only one. It seems he has a propensity to alienate our allies and shoot himself and us in the foot with his policies and non-understanding of how being a president works. I don't see all the good things he has done for us. Quite the opposite.
My top issues for the 2020 election are as follows.

1. The economy
2. The environment
3. Civil rights

Trump has taken a wrecking ball to all three of them and we likely have a very long road ahead to get back to where we were just a few years ago.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
That is your view: others see it different: how about unemployment rates for starters? Even with the bad day the market is having today: how about the stock market compared to the day he was sworn in as our President. I am not a Trump lover when it comes to personality> In fact I am anything but and I understand people not personally not liking him, but I do not understand how anyone can not see what he has accomplished.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:33 PM

9,617 posts, read 4,430,223 times
Quote:
That is your view: others see it different: how about unemployment rates for starters? Even with the bad day the market is having today: how about the stock market compared to the day he was sworn in as our President. I am not a Trump lover when it comes to personality> In fact I am anything but and I understand people not personally not liking him, but I do not understand how anyone can not see what he has accomplished.
What has Trump done? The economy has been stagnant since early 2018 and now it looks like the bottom is about to drop completely out of it. All of this is due to Trump's tariffs and the tax cuts for the wealthy. We all are going to have to deal with the fallout of this and it's going to make 2008 look like a cakewalk. Never mind what he has done to our environment or the full-on assault against the civil rights of anybody not white, heterosexual, or the right kind of Christian.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:38 PM

46,605 posts, read 18,749,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What has Trump done? The economy has been stagnant since early 2018 and now it looks like the bottom is about to drop completely out of it. All of this is due to Trump's tariffs and the tax cuts for the wealthy. We all are going to have to deal with the fallout of this and it's going to make 2008 look like a cakewalk. Never mind what he has done to our environment or the full-on assault against the civil rights of anybody not white, heterosexual, or the right kind of Christian.
This speaks for itself. They don't hold the same opinion as you.

Wow, President Trump Crowd for New Hampshire Rally Easily Breaks Record…

Remember, you just said that crowd size DOES matter.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
What good are jobs when you can't get fresh water, food or air? You can't eat money. IMO, he has accomplished nothing but havoc. And he continues to do it with the blessing of his supporters. That is what is so astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies