Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 09:44 AM

2,486 posts, read 820,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
no one is safe from this unequal opportunity offender.

not jews, not asians, blacks, or hispanics.

holy sheet. Americans should be ashamed.

Be careful of the words you use in front of impressionable american minds. Too many dumbazzes here will easily start a race war.
Aren't you ashamed of the way the liberal overlords have turned CA into a dump of human waste, needles, and trash in the streets?

Why hasn't the homeless crisis been called a crisis? Several of Los Anelglesboard of supervisors have been trying to call it just that for years and the liberals won't have anything to do with it. ON top of that Typhus is back after 120 years and the entire state has a rat infestation. Why isn't that being addressed?

Newsome is more interested in supporting illegal immigrants than helping our citizens in tent cities.

Anyone living in CA and paying those insane taxes should be ashamed of the political crap hacks they voted in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 09:59 AM

25,420 posts, read 9,735,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
That's why he was elected. We wanted someone who acted differently than the bought and paid for carbon copies we kept getting offered. Whine all you want about Trump, but the country is better off now than it was.

You can't name anything factual, and back it up with statistics, to prove Trump has hurt the nation. All you can come up with is opinion based insults. It has been well over two years, and we are still here despite all the fear mongering over what Trump is supposedly going to do. The current democrat offerings will certainly destroy us with crazy plans like the green new deal, student debt forgiveness and medicare for all.

Like it or not, Trump is the safest bet in 2020. We simply can not afford the crazy policies the left wants to put in place.
That the country is better off now is your opinion. Trump has cut EPA regulations and endangered our wildlife and our environment. That's one thing he's done. He's destabilizing our economy for his own personal gain, trying to bully the Fed to lower interest rates by playing Russian roulette with this trade war. He's ballooned our debt and deficit. Immigration is even more of a mess than it has been. He has gotten nothing done on the drug prices or infrastructure or healthcare like promised. I know he's convinced so many that he's doing all of these positive things, but when you look at it, he's not. When he's not golfing every other weekend, he's on Twitter 24/7. He has no idea how government or diplomacy works. NK is still launching missiles. Nope, really can't think of one instance where we are better off with him. The majority of Americans agree with me.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:03 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,418,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
. He in the last week has come up with the absurd proposal to purchase Greenland, .
was it absurd to purchase Alaska?

was the Louisiana purchase from France absurd??

was the Florida purchase of 1819 absurd??

how about the Oregon territory from England in 1846??

we already have a strategic military base on Greenland

Old 08-23-2019, 10:11 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,490,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
was it absurd to purchase Alaska?

was the Louisiana purchase from France absurd??

was the Florida purchase of 1819 absurd??

how about the Oregon territory from England in 1846??

we already have a strategic military base on Greenland

It is absurd in the year 2019. Land purchases such as those you referenced are all things of the past. Land masses are no longer bought and sold.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:20 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,770,939 times
Invoking the 25th will never happen, but it's the one thing that could save us from economic collapse.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:23 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,989,726 times
Quote:
It is absurd in the year 2019. Land purchases such as those you referenced are all things of the past. Land masses are no longer bought and sold.
Yeah, land masses are still being bought. Last one for the US was the Virgin Islands I believe but this is still going on by other countries. Back in 2012, in what some considered highly controversial Japan bought the Senkaku Islands (sp?).

But I decided to google this and it wasn't hard to find this article in the Washington Post from 2015 discussing land purchases by other countries. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...?noredirect=on

So yeah, you're wrong. This is still going on - you just didn't know that.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:34 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,049,391 times
I am trying to be non partisan here (although most liberals will not believe it). Trump has not done anything that would warrant a 25th amendment solution. He has done lots of things that people disagree with (so did the previous president) , he says or tweets some things I definitely wish he didn't, he speaks in ways many would think are not becoming of a president (lots of people like that very thing about him).
But nothing he has done should lead an unbiased person to feel he is unfit or unable to serve. Not liking what he does isn't enough. Elections are for that (vote him out).

I feel if Joe Biden is elected the 25th amendment could become a real possibility. He appears to be slowly approaching a state of senility. Maybe a year or two , maybe longer, maybe not at all but I can't watch him and not wonder about his current and future mental acuity.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:47 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,490,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yeah, land masses are still being bought. Last one for the US was the Virgin Islands I believe but this is still going on by other countries. Back in 2012, in what some considered highly controversial Japan bought the Senkaku Islands (sp?).

But I decided to google this and it wasn't hard to find this article in the Washington Post from 2015 discussing land purchases by other countries. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...?noredirect=on

So yeah, you're wrong. This is still going on - you just didn't know that.

Senkaku Islands are a total of five uninhabited tiny islands and three rocks that make up a mere 7 square kilometres (1,700 acres). Their ownership had been disputed for some time as several countries had claims. Big difference from something such as Greenland.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:49 AM

14,888 posts, read 9,998,573 times
Quote:
Senkaku Islands are a total of five uninhabited tiny islands and three rocks that make up a mere 7 square kilometres (1,700 acres). Big difference from something such as Greenland.
Just admit that you had no idea what you were talking about when you first posted, it'll be easier for everyone once you accept that you were wrong.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:50 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,989,726 times
Quote:
Senkaku Islands are a total of five uninhabited tiny islands and three rocks that make up a mere 7 square kilometres (1,700 acres). Their ownership had been disputed for some time as several countries had claims. Big difference from something such as Greenland.
Ignoring the second part there, huh? The article lays out quite a few purchases and there are many which have been going on. The claim was these land purchases by countries no longer exists in the modern era. That was proven wrong. The Sekaku Islands was one I knew off the top of my head, the article I posted showed it was even more common than I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies