U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:12 PM

7,810 posts, read 8,953,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well Im sure male members of many families have said the same or similar.
Kids. I'm specifically talking about kids. Reading is fundamental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 12:53 PM

458 posts, read 71,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
There's been a few times I've wondered how a Trump-supporting family would react if one or more of their kids starting saying "grab 'em by the p**sy" and the child/teen knew what that meant and was using it exactly how Trump meant it.

Would the parents punish the child? Praise the child? Afterall, if it's something their dear leader, the almighty chosen one said, does that mean it's OK for the kids to repeat since prez says it?

Is it OK if the kids start calling other countries "s*itholes?" Parents would like that? Prez has said it more than once.
No I wouldn't want my kids to say "grab 'em by the p**sy" but guess what, that was a private convo leaked to the world thanks to the press trying to destroy his candidacy. I don't blame him at all for letting off some steam privately. How'd you like it if someone recorded your bedroom comments and played them for your kids? Would you want your kids saying all the dirty talk you do between you and your wife?

As to sh*thole countries. No big deal, I talk like this for even parts of the USA.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:07 PM

38,333 posts, read 16,978,209 times
Quote:
There's been a few times I've wondered how a Trump-supporting family would react if one or more of their kids starting saying "grab 'em by the p**sy" and the child/teen knew what that meant and was using it exactly how Trump meant it.

Would the parents punish the child? Praise the child? Afterall, if it's something their dear leader, the almighty chosen one said, does that mean it's OK for the kids to repeat since prez says it?

Is it OK if the kids start calling other countries "s*itholes?" Parents would like that? Prez has said it more than once.
We all have skeletons in our closet over our pasts. Stop acting like Trump should be perfect just because he's president. I couldn't care less what he did in the past. I care about his performance as president. How about Clinton and his little tryst while being president and right in the Oval Office? Don't be a hypocrite!

There are several countries that are sh*tholes. What's wrong with pointing that out? The truth should be hush-hush?

Old 08-22-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
He's a pathological liar (documented thousands of times). For some reason his supporters don't care.
Oh please provide these "documents" in here without the usual lefty, liberal spin and exaggerations.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It's almost like you have a chord straight from CNN headquarters to your brain and you repeat everything the talking heads say uncritically. What you said makes no sense in the context of illegal immigration. No matter where you want to set the limit, we need to enforce those limits and keep illegals out of the country. You want to let more people in (why?, you live in Florida, not enough people there for you?), then go ahead and create a bill and see if the American people agree. BUT NO ILLEGALS.
Not only that but we still allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year and many asylum seekers so where's this "I got mine so to hell with you" BS??

Old 08-23-2019, 03:55 AM

5,454 posts, read 2,203,898 times
Because he's nuts.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:59 AM

19,581 posts, read 10,148,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And who is stupid enough to believe him?

Look, I get that anytime he opens his sausage lips, he lies. But...can he at least respect our intelligence with smarter, more sophisticated lies? Lies that sound plausible and serve a rational purpose? It's like he thinks he has some sort of Jedi mind trick business going on, where he says some complete "day is night / black is white" malarkey and people's eyes will just glaze over.

Know how we know it was a policy of family separation? Because a bumper crop of families were separated, which was not previously the case. Period. The evidence is there, and it speaks for itself. Don't tell us to just ignore it and insist on the opposite of reality. Aggressively saying nonsense doesn't make it so.

Why not just own his punitive family separation efforts instead of still continuing the flimsy lie? Who at this point needs convincing? His followers will believe anything anyways, and the rest of us have brains.
Politicians lie, the more lies the better they do at the ballot....Trump is on a great path to re-election.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:24 AM

38,430 posts, read 16,680,307 times
Quote:

Look, I get that anytime he opens his sausage lips, he lies. But...can he at least respect our intelligence with smarter, more sophisticated lies? Lies that sound plausible and serve a rational purpose? It's like he thinks he has some sort of Jedi mind trick business going on, where he says some complete "day is night / black is white" malarkey and people's eyes will just glaze over.

Know how we know it was a policy of family separation? Because a bumper crop of families were separated, which was not previously the case. Period. The evidence is there, and it speaks for itself. Don't tell us to just ignore it and insist on the opposite of reality. Aggressively saying nonsense doesn't make it so.

Why not just own his punitive family separation efforts instead of still continuing the flimsy lie? Who at this point needs convincing? His followers will believe anything anyways, and the rest of us have brains.
Why does the left media and it's minions keep up blatant lies about Trump?

Old 08-23-2019, 06:26 AM

38,430 posts, read 16,680,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump's way of operating is to simply say anything he wants and never apologize for saying it, even if it is 100% a bold faced lie. When he is caught in some lie, he goes into attack mode and either says that is not what he said, or he doubles down on the same lie, and then he attacks the person who called him on his lie.

It is almost like saying "Who are you to correct ME !" He is too good for any of us peons to question him.
"Trump's way of operating is to simply say anything he wants and never apologize for saying it"

You act as if dems apologize.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:38 AM

1,929 posts, read 3,350,178 times
Quote:

Hey, he's not a very sophisticated guy, so you can't really expect his lies to be sophisticated. Simpleminded guy tells simpleminded lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or