U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 05:50 PM

2,769 posts, read 1,474,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not only that but we still allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year and many asylum seekers so where's this "I got mine so to hell with you" BS??
Per the Census Bureau:

Between 2010 and 2017, 9.5 million new immigrants settled in the United States. New arrivals are offset by roughly 320,000 immigrants who return home each year and natural mortality of about 290,000 annually among the existing immigrant population. As a result, growth in the immigrant population was 4.6 million from 2010 to 2017.

Get your facts straight before sounding off. You are implying the immigrant population grows by over a million a year, which is not correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 06:05 PM

17,387 posts, read 12,125,543 times
legacy regs from Obama were being followed by trump.

people complained that was separating families.

Trump made sure families were not separated.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:07 PM

11,849 posts, read 7,564,421 times
Because trump lies.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:44 PM

38,441 posts, read 17,005,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Per the Census Bureau:

Between 2010 and 2017, 9.5 million new immigrants settled in the United States. New arrivals are offset by roughly 320,000 immigrants who return home each year and natural mortality of about 290,000 annually among the existing immigrant population. As a result, growth in the immigrant population was 4.6 million from 2010 to 2017.

Get your facts straight before sounding off. You are implying the immigrant population grows by over a million a year, which is not correct.
I said nothing about "growing". I said we allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year and many asylum seekers and that's the truth. You might want to get your facts straight instead of putting a spin on them.

The number of people immigrating to the United States fluctuates depending on the year. In 2015, a total of 1.38 million immigrants moved to the United States, according to American Community Survey (ACS) data.

Here are the stats on asylum seekers approved to relocate into our country and refugees also.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...-united-states

Old 08-23-2019, 06:56 PM

2,769 posts, read 1,474,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I said nothing about "growing". I said we allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year and many asylum seekers and that's the truth. You might want to get your facts straight instead of putting a spin on them.

The number of people immigrating to the United States fluctuates depending on the year. In 2015, a total of 1.38 million immigrants moved to the United States, according to American Community Survey (ACS) data.

Here are the stats on asylum seekers approved to relocate into our country and refugees also.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...-united-states
Per your own quoted link, the numbers are much, much lower than you stated, and have been revised lower and lower each year since 2017.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:04 PM

12,374 posts, read 3,137,480 times
Trump is allowing families to stay together in detention until their cases come up. Isn't this what the Loony Left has been squawking about? Under Obama, the kids would be released after 20 days to god know who and disappear. Great for pedophiles and child traffickers. Bad for families.

Last edited by PilgrimsProgress; 08-23-2019 at 07:17 PM..

Old 08-23-2019, 07:08 PM

684 posts, read 238,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Because he's not the one that started the program to separate them...and he's changing that so they won't be anymore. Try to keep up.

<snip>
Earlier this week, the Trump administration announced that it would issue a rule to withdraw from the Flores settlement, which would effectively allow the government to detain undocumented migrants indefinitely and deny them basic needs.

Human rights groups throughout the country immediately condemned the decision to withdraw from the Flores settlement, which sets a national standard for the detention and treatment of minors in federal custody. According to immigration experts, the decision will have devastating effects on the health of children and families, if it’s not blocked by a federal judge first.

The Flores settlement is currently the only established set of protections for immigrant minors detained in the U.S. Signed in 1997, the agreement says that minors cannot be detained for more than 20 days and that during that time they must be held in the “least restrictive setting” possible. The agreement also specifies sanitary and safety conditions to which facilities detaining minors must adhere, among other protections.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d...res-settlement

PS:

2. Don’t forget that the liar lacks empathy: The liar does not have any moral consciousness of how the lying behavior may make you feel. The liar does not think before he lies: “oh, I better not say that or I could hurt that person or mislead them.” The liar does not care anything about your feelings and never will.

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/careg...ological-liar/

Old 08-23-2019, 07:14 PM

38,441 posts, read 17,005,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Per your own quoted link, the numbers are much, much lower than you stated, and have been revised lower and lower each year since 2017.
Huh? That link is about asylum and refugees allowed into our country every year. I never quoted a number on them in any of my posts. Are you lost? I said we allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year that does not include asylum seekers nor refugees. So WTH are you talking about?

Old 08-23-2019, 07:27 PM

12,374 posts, read 3,137,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post

The Flores settlement is currently the only established set of protections for immigrant minors detained in the U.S. Signed in 1997, the agreement says that minors cannot be detained for more than 20 days

Don’t forget that the liar lacks empathy: The liar does not have any moral consciousness of how the lying behavior may make you feel.
As we have witnessed, the Loony Left is obsessed with feeeeeeeelings, not facts. Words, not deeds.

Strangely, they don't seem to care what happens to kids after twenty days. That explains why so many have disappeared over the years since the Fllores agreement was put into place. It makes me wonder if child sex traffickers were complicit

Old 08-23-2019, 07:27 PM

684 posts, read 238,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well Im sure male members of many families have said the same or similar. Like trump it was most likely said in private among peers. I bet some people would be supervised at what is said in private if they were to hear recordings of those private conversations.

You act as though the average American family is very pious. You get out much?

Not necessarily so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-55hPvPnTOU

How can the public allow children to listen to this?

There should be public service warnings.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or