U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 11:50 PM

14,097 posts, read 11,119,353 times

Advertisements

And who is stupid enough to believe him?

Look, I get that anytime he opens his sausage lips, he lies. But...can he at least respect our intelligence with smarter, more sophisticated lies? Lies that sound plausible and serve a rational purpose? It's like he thinks he has some sort of Jedi mind trick business going on, where he says some complete "day is night / black is white" malarkey and people's eyes will just glaze over.

Know how we know it was a policy of family separation? Because a bumper crop of families were separated, which was not previously the case. Period. The evidence is there, and it speaks for itself. Don't tell us to just ignore it and insist on the opposite of reality. Aggressively saying nonsense doesn't make it so.

Why not just own his punitive family separation efforts instead of still continuing the flimsy lie? Who at this point needs convincing? His followers will believe anything anyways, and the rest of us have brains.

Last edited by ambient; 08-22-2019 at 12:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 12:04 AM

7,949 posts, read 4,687,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And who is stupid enough to believe him?
For Trump, I do not believe it is about who believes me, although many folks here on CD eat his ish up. Rather, it's about controlling the media about him. In a way, he's like the circus clown. He's in front of the camera making balloon animals while in the background his administration is out there doing things he'd rather keep out of the news.

Either that of he's just buts.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:10 AM

18,512 posts, read 11,706,117 times
Trump's way of operating is to simply say anything he wants and never apologize for saying it, even if it is 100% a bold faced lie. When he is caught in some lie, he goes into attack mode and either says that is not what he said, or he doubles down on the same lie, and then he attacks the person who called him on his lie.

It is almost like saying "Who are you to correct ME !" He is too good for any of us peons to question him.

Last edited by don1945; 08-22-2019 at 12:19 AM..

Old 08-22-2019, 12:15 AM

39,997 posts, read 48,707,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump's way of operating is to simply say anything he wants and never apologize for saying it, even if it is 100% a bold faced lie. When he is caught in some lie, he goes into attack mode and either says that is not what he said, or he doubles down on the same lie, and then he attacks the person who called him on his lie.

It is almost like saying "Who are you to correct ME !" It is as if he is too good for any of us peons to question him.
^^^

Well he did say he was the "chosen one"...

Old 08-22-2019, 01:45 AM

8,078 posts, read 3,621,743 times
Trump lies so much he can’t remember what his last lies were. And he’s the President! What a great example for our kids...

Old 08-22-2019, 02:09 AM

30,995 posts, read 33,987,106 times
Because he's not the one that started the program to separate them...and he's changing that so they won't be anymore. Try to keep up.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:55 AM

3,527 posts, read 3,283,111 times
Pretty simple explanation, same as for every lie that comes out of his putrid mouth; he is a narcissistic sociopath. Has he EVER uttered the truth about anything? Nothing new here.

Old 08-22-2019, 05:36 AM

458 posts, read 70,773 times
No one I know cares about those illegal border jumpers being separated up on the border. In fact, we want this invasion, and yes I will use that word, stopped and stopped as soon as possible. If separating families is what it takes, then that's what it takes. They shouldn't even be on our border so they have no right to complain. If they don't like, turn their butts around and head back south.

Of course, the media tries to present a narrative that Americans are against separating of families. They do this because some people are cowards and would rather pretend they're for something if they feel the majority is against them.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:45 AM

22,605 posts, read 22,146,401 times
Why does Trump keep up blatant lies like "I'm the one who kept the families together?"

I'm going to say because he gets blamed for everything so he is also going to take credit for everything. If he is blamed for things he has no control over he might as well take credit for things he has no control over.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:05 AM

30,935 posts, read 17,122,904 times
Like many despotic and authoritarian leaders before him, Trump believes that if he repeats a lie often enough - the lemmings will believe.

And they have done NOTHING to change that opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or