Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 01:05 PM

5,891 posts, read 2,163,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You just can't comprehend his 3 dimensional chess game....

Only people who listen to Rush Limbaugh have the level of cognition capable of comprehending his genius.
It’s not a game if your the only one playing. That would make you both the winner and loser. Actually that fits Trump pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 01:07 PM

28,981 posts, read 14,317,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When he had a meeting with the Parkland students and Sandy Hook parents after the Parkland shooting he claimed he was going to take action, he lied.

He also chastised one of the congressmen at a later meeting for being afraid of the NRA yet here hs is coming up with a game plan with Lapierre and the NRA.

The only thing that flipped was Trump but we are used to him saying one thing and doing quite another. Meeting with the NRA to come up with a solution on mass shootings is other worldly.

Taking action just for the sake of it, makes no sense. Glad he stood firm. While I have no issues with background checks, something we already have , I don't see how more of the same is going to stop the mass shooting thing. All the left comes up with is ways to target the law abiding. They haven't come up , well neither side has come up with real solutions that might help, both with mass shootings, and inner city violence.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:08 PM

68,281 posts, read 54,065,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The left thinks Trump caves on an issue, and you turn around, and you find out he is playing the press, per usual.

Now, no expansion of background checks. And just like that, he has flipped the narrative to Democrats seizing firearms and Trump said today he is standing firm on the 2nd.

It's a pity he tramples on the First!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Notice how he killed the daily press briefing? Now the press gets to face Trump, they get no camera shots, they have to wait outside, and you never hear April Ryan getting a question in.

And the best part? Trump is giving more press conferences with questions then any other president. Just on his terms.

FAKE NEWS! until proven otherwise.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Universal background checks are supported by 90% of the nation, I don't think that will hurt his election chances.

We have registration in NY, CA and other states and guess what, it didn't lead to confiscation. That isn't one of the proposals anyway but nice try.

We have the second amendment and a gun for every man, woman and child yet you are worried about confiscation, I guess you need to dream up some conspiracy to avoid any sensible legislation.

All that and yet we still have mass shootings and inner city violence. Maybe more of the same will help right ? And you are off on that 90% of Americans thing. Maybe 90% of people polled might be, but who really knows that number ? For your statement to be true, 100 percent of Americans would have to be polled. I know my wife and I weren't called ? Where you ?

Old 08-22-2019, 01:15 PM

6,593 posts, read 4,966,132 times
3d hungry hungry hippo. The only reason why people didn't say gtfoh when he said background checks is just to see what his base would say. You can call it maneuvering, most people cal it lying.
The problem with suburban college educated people that cost the GOP on the midterms, doesnt go away with inaction. The reason why he proposed background checks was to appease this segment of the population, the need didnt go away. I am sure the DNC is fine with keeping the "thoughts and prayers" narrative.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:22 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,089,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yeah, unless it's designed specifically to kill me or my kids.

Too many guns, too many ways for bad people to get their hands on them. You being responsible for every firearm you own would stop a lot of the illegal sales.
The US government has tens of thousands of guns and billions of rounds of ammo--all funded by your taxes.

Your tax dollars have funded the slaughter of tens of thousands of children overseas in the past 30 years.

Should the government be disarmed?

Better yet--should Donald “Nazi” Trump have multiple automatic weapons protecting him?

Old 08-22-2019, 01:25 PM

56,911 posts, read 25,842,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No it is NOT. The polls are rigged, and often worded improperly. Many don't know that over 95% of firearm sales already go through background checks. Criminals don't buy guns a gun stores anyway so this is just a ploy to REGISTER law abiding gun owners for future CONFISCATION, but may won't connect the dots.

Not yet, but its coming. Listen to ALL the Democrat candidates you LOVE so much.

Again, listen to all your Democrat candidates who are calling for just that. BANS and MANDATORY BUY BACKS, which is CONFISCATION, just like Australia and other countries. Hillary wanted that too!

The polls aren't rigged, you just don't like the results.

Like I stated many states especially more liberal states have had gun registration for decades and no confiscation and I don't see mandatory buy backs going anywhere with a few hundred million guns in the US.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
The polls aren't rigged, you just don't like the results.

Like I stated many states especially more liberal states have had gun registration for decades and no confiscation and I don't see mandatory buy backs going anywhere with a few hundred million guns in the US.

They aren't rigged, they just tell you what you want to hear. How many people where polled ? Think this out, if 90% of Americans wanted something, how many Americans would have to be asked ?

Old 08-22-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
I used to work in the call center that handles the The Limbaugh Letter magazine in Palm Coast, FL back when I was in high school. The callers all think I worked inside the Limbaugh studio and thought I can see crazy man Rush myself. No, the calls are routed to a Magazine Call Center than handles tons of other magazines.

The management told us that these are some of the most craziness customers that we have in our call center. They weren't kidding. One of them told me that Rush is so great that he make all the Democrats look like they are from the ghetto. Another said being a Democrat is like being black, terrible to be one. I think all of them sounded old and white.

Then it makes sense when I see my father listening to Rush like a religion when I came home from work and from high school..... My father was pretty racist and didn't like black people that much.
Did you ever notice how Limbaugh never debates anyone, even his callers are screened to make sure they don't have an opposing view. I remember him on a panel decades ago with Sam Donaldson and George Will and he couldn't compete, better to just rant on his station.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
They aren't rigged, they just tell you what you want to hear. How many people where polled ? Think this out, if 90% of Americans wanted something, how many Americans would have to be asked ?
There have been many polls with similar results anywhere from 80 to 95%. Suffice it to say the American people want this in a very large way and the senate wont even allow a vote. They don't want to be on record voting this down and McConnell is protecting them. This is minimal legislation, if they really wanted to do something it should be expanded but if Trump and McConnell won't even agree to this then what is the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies