U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2019, 07:31 AM
 
5,349 posts, read 2,140,685 times
Reputation: 2527

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
This BS Narritive to discredit the media is the problem. Of course they all have bias, that his human nature. But the lies coming out of the whitehouse, and the intention to sew distrust among the American people by this POTUS and his admin are disgusting.


This MF is tearing the USA apart. Americans need to stand up. The best solution is to vote him out in 2020 (I am not confident).

The media reports the news. It is up to you as their consumer to digest it. To separate bias, and to understand context. It is actually very rare that they get things completely wrong (but it happens).

Quit supporting the actions of this meglomaniac wannabe dictator.
It's cute that you think distrust of the corrupt media began with Trump's arrival.

The media's gaslighting during the Obama years account for 99.9% of the reasons I voted for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2019, 08:11 AM
 
Location: NC
7,373 posts, read 5,159,883 times
Reputation: 8086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
It's cute that you think distrust of the corrupt media began with Trump's arrival.

The media's gaslighting during the Obama years account for 99.9% of the reasons I voted for Trump.
I don't think the media is currupt now, and I didn't think it was currupt then. I think they are biased, but there is simply NO WAY to select what news to report, and how to frame it without letting your personal bias come into play. Adults understand this, and take it into account.

And to the other person who responded that I am influenced and "dictator, blah blah blah": WRONG. When a POTUS says that the media is the enemy of the people, he is accountable for that. Not the media, not me. Just him, and those who support him. By your account, the media is unfair to Trump. By my account, he gets more coverage than any potus, and in fact got more coverage than any candidate in history. The media gives him a pass on the daily because they don't know how to deal with his temper tantrums.

When the media shows clips of what he says, it's not a lie. When his base can only hear negative, that is their problem, not everyone else's. It's because THEY are fooled by this lying excuse of a POTUS. They are all for the constitution when it's about guns, but not for it with freedom of the press. Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 08:14 AM
 
787 posts, read 225,414 times
Reputation: 778
Quote:
They are all for the constitution when it's about guns, but not for it with freedom of the press. Give me a break.
Oh..please we’re for freedom of the press but not fake news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Texas
27,580 posts, read 11,618,805 times
Reputation: 6410
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Are they any news outlets left in America that you trust or do you have to get your news from certain foreign news sources to find out what’s really happening in America.
Al Jazeera on foreign news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Haiku
5,168 posts, read 2,883,658 times
Reputation: 7530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What about WSJ? I think it's an excellent paper, although the liberals won't like it because it isn't....well.....it isn't the NYT!
I like the WSJ but it is behind a pay-wall and it is not exactly cheap. I am a moderate liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 08:20 AM
 
Location: USA
20,181 posts, read 9,637,314 times
Reputation: 15226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What about WSJ? I think it's an excellent paper, although the liberals won't like it because it isn't....well.....it isn't the NYT!

On cable, which you said you don't watch, I like the Brett Baier show at 6 pm. Krauthhamer was a regular guest, may he RIP, so the show has lost a notch with his absence, but it's still very good. They are all adults in the panel - it's a discussion panel - so there's no temper tantrums and meltdowns that plague CNN.
I do usually like the WSJ, and take them much more seriously than all the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 08:24 AM
 
7,646 posts, read 3,908,232 times
Reputation: 4048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
LOL! The most biased, Far Left, untruthful publication in the U.S. "works" for you? Wow.

The Editor recently admitted that the Russia hoax didn't work, and caught them flat footed, so they are switching to "Trump is Racist" as their new strategy leading up to the election. That works for you?

I don't watch cable news, nor do I read mainstream newspaper websites, nor AP, as they are all left wing biased. There are very, very few sources out there for just factual news with no spin.
There was no Russia hoax because he did indeed get help from Russia but anyway, the NYT is only the 3rd best newspaper on the planet. What is your source for news?

https://topyaps.com/top-10-newspapers-of-the-world/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 08:46 AM
 
7,785 posts, read 1,786,965 times
Reputation: 18699
Interesting to compare how news was reported 50 years ago to the way it is reported now.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Tty29I9m0

No (or very little) apparent emotion, no speechifying, just the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Seattle
1,963 posts, read 430,564 times
Reputation: 1872
Calling the mainstream media "fake news" is, in itself, fake news. It's a Republican effort to diminish the influence of the media. Guess what? Politicians lie. They are professional liars. The mainstream media remains, for the most part, reliable. Politicians are not reliable.

I do watch BBC news quite a bit, because there is more focus on international news. US news outlets mostly report on news with a US focus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:39 AM
 
5,349 posts, read 2,140,685 times
Reputation: 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I don't think the media is currupt now, and I didn't think it was currupt then. I think they are biased, but there is simply NO WAY to select what news to report, and how to frame it without letting your personal bias come into play. Adults understand this, and take it into account.

And to the other person who responded that I am influenced and "dictator, blah blah blah": WRONG. When a POTUS says that the media is the enemy of the people, he is accountable for that. Not the media, not me. Just him, and those who support him. By your account, the media is unfair to Trump. By my account, he gets more coverage than any potus, and in fact got more coverage than any candidate in history. The media gives him a pass on the daily because they don't know how to deal with his temper tantrums.

When the media shows clips of what he says, it's not a lie. When his base can only hear negative, that is their problem, not everyone else's. It's because THEY are fooled by this lying excuse of a POTUS. They are all for the constitution when it's about guns, but not for it with freedom of the press. Give me a break.
LOL! There was a certain Koi pond video that was a blatant intentional lie... the ways our media can and does lie with video would make Goebbels blush.

It goes well beyond bias, the media's "narratives" are still far too coordinated (among themselves and Democrats)... the JournoList conspiracy didn't die, it just moved deeper into the shadows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top