U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM
 
14,641 posts, read 6,689,522 times
Reputation: 14852

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Oh..please we’re for freedom of the press but not fake news!
No you’re not. You people instantly screech “fake news” at every single story that comes out. You don’t even bother to analyze, you knee jerk react with the same boring reaction time after time. And the only reason you do is because trump told you to. You guys don’t bother to think for yourself. That’s why you guys have lost your credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:44 AM
 
Location: NC
7,373 posts, read 5,159,883 times
Reputation: 8086
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Oh..please we’re for freedom of the press but not fake news!
You are the ones who have been duped. As almost all responses have indicated in this thread, the news is by and large accurate (but biased). So far, the VAST majority of proven fake news has been right leaning. Even more importantly though, the VAST majority of so-called "fake news" is not news at all. It's social media and retweets (often by Trump himself) of non-sourced BS. It is rare that stories of Pizza Gate and stories of Hillary having people killed originate on PBS, NBC or WSJ. (It is not nearly as rare that they get proven to be fake news, both of those I mentioned have.)


Honestly, you can't even have an intelligent conversation when your only source for the media being currupt is citing right wing web-pages, and (more recently) our unhinged, anti-American POTUS. he is the same guy that you trust to tell you how scientists are fake, but you should believe him. It's practically impossible to argue with people like him, you, and the rest of his base when you are so sure of yourselves that you discredit everything else. (And before you say "I know you are but what am I", I do challenge my beliefs on the daily. I put more faith in Scientific Method than I do a man with a proven track record of lying, stealing and cheating. THOSE TRAITS ARE DOCUMENTED, CURRUPT MEDIA BY & LARGE IS NOT.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:46 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
31,036 posts, read 17,174,821 times
Reputation: 23308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Are they any news outlets left in America that you trust or do you have to get your news from certain foreign news sources to find out what’s really happening in America.
Of course; there are several good news outlets in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:49 AM
 
Location: NC
7,373 posts, read 5,159,883 times
Reputation: 8086
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No you’re not. You people instantly screech “fake news” at every single story that comes out. You don’t even bother to analyze, you knee jerk react with the same boring reaction time after time. And the only reason you do is because trump told you to. You guys don’t bother to think for yourself. That’s why you guys have lost your credibility.
To their defense, they've been crying fake news longer than before Trump. Remember, much like most of the crap they say, "Fake News" was first the sane world calling out sites like Breitbart and InfoWars. Rather than admit they were wrong, they did what they do with everythign. They adopted the saying and made it basically useless.

Just like they did with Racism. Rather than even consider they may have some racist tendancies (everyone does, it's human nature) and try to understand them, they just call everyone racists. To them Obama is a racist, MLK was, and pretty much anyone who dares to say that Blacks have more roadblocks than whites in t his world is a racists. Same story with Fake News.

In hindsight, "deplorable" is very fitting for many (not all) of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Ontario, NY
2,796 posts, read 6,347,447 times
Reputation: 2878
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Are they any news outlets left in America that you trust or do you have to get your news from certain foreign news sources to find out what’s really happening in America.
CNN


Wall Street Journal


New York Times


All respectable and fair reporting of the News. Just because Donald Trump doesn't like what they say about them, doesn't make what they say Fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 10:51 AM
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
5,039 posts, read 4,549,576 times
Reputation: 10822
NPR, WaPo, PBS, NY Times, BBC, Reuters, WSJ. I get my news from a variety of sources, so I can do my own fact checking. I get my international news from Direct Democracy - an English language publication out of Switzerland which is a neutral country with no special ax to grind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 10:55 AM
 
6,053 posts, read 3,261,487 times
Reputation: 3518
Alternative is either the president (because he like, knows these things), or talk radio hosts that prey on paranoid schizophrenics by telling them their local water turns frogs gay..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
2,110 posts, read 2,014,931 times
Reputation: 1030
I read and watch everything from the MSM to left-wing sources like CounterPunch/RawStory and right-wing sites like ZeroHedge and The Red Elephants Vincent James.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 11:59 AM
 
10,496 posts, read 3,123,785 times
Reputation: 6074
I think Christian Science Monitor is pretty balanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
20,069 posts, read 18,170,218 times
Reputation: 17922
I will believe anything that comes from CNN before I believe anything that comes out of your Dear Leader's mouth.

And as far as corrupt media, I believe Brietbart, Conservative Pundit and Fox news are on that short list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top