U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2019, 12:43 PM
 
1,215 posts, read 234,724 times
Reputation: 795

Advertisements

when there is a big news story I go to twitter first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Status: "Relax and eat a cookie." (set 21 hours ago)
 
9,101 posts, read 11,101,091 times
Reputation: 13215
I think if you hear a story over and over from different sources, there's probably some truth to it. Then, you can investigate further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles-Houston-DFW
1,813 posts, read 922,630 times
Reputation: 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I think if you hear a story over and over from different sources, there's probably some truth to it. Then, you can investigate further.
Yeah but if you hear the same story from only your same political leaning sites, you won't get any truth. It'll be like Politifact changing their ratings based on who they like more at the time. There are so many who think because they are called Politi"fact" that they actually tell the facts. It's hilarious but then I remember I used to think the same thing for years until the 2015/16 elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
2,085 posts, read 2,009,677 times
Reputation: 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
4chan and 8chan's Politically Incorrect boards (there are several other boards like /biz/ which has made me alot of money in crypto) have literally been the most correct over the past 10 or so years with the news. I used to think they were all crazy when I was an MSNBC/CNN fanboy, but 2016 opened my eyes up to a lot because they called things months before it happened, or broke down media stories into what they really were. They were saying Nate Silver would be wrong for more than 7 months.

What makes those sites good is there is no rating system which pushes popular/unpopular posts. If you say something dumb, you'll get called out. If you say something smart, you'll get kudos. Plus, there's a lot of people with autism on those sites so they really get deep in the weeds and uncover a lot of stuff. For example, much of the Epstein news, such as the Zorro Ranch thing that the news is just now talking about this week, has been discussed for years on 4chan/8chan.

The problem with those two sites is sometimes people post an image that's NSFW. Luckily all images are in a tiny window unless you expand it but still very random. Also there have been "mass shooters" that have posted their manifestos on 8chan in particular. Many think these were planned takedowns because of how unfiltered the site is and the news that gets broken. Both were becoming pretty influential. For example, Epstein's death was broken an hour before ANY news media outlet had the story. There have been plenty of other discussions too, like the Rothschild family member who posted on 4chan in 2011 and made a bunch of predictions that have mostly all come through.

CNN? Fox? MSNBC? WSJ? NBC? CBS? HuffPo? Rush? Nah... none of those places will give you the straight news as it's all biased opinion and they receive orders from their masters. There is a reason why Israeli and Russian bots infiltrate the chans during election time. They are very influential and the memes that traveled to Twitter and Facebook helped Trump win.

What they're doing now is creating social media accounts pretending to be Jews and I can't believe how it's been working so far. They are changing opinions. It's almost like hiding in plain-sight but it's worked out tremendously: https://slate.com/technology/2019/08...ers-again.html

It's genius and has confused people who don't know which side to pick (see Trump's statements yesterday as well).
Looks like 8Chan has been taken down permanently from what I can tell.

Even though post kiddy porn, killings, beatings, and other illegal stuff to other social media sites everyday and they are still up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles-Houston-DFW
1,813 posts, read 922,630 times
Reputation: 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Looks like 8Chan has been taken down permanently from what I can tell.

Even though post kiddy porn, killings, beatings, and other illegal stuff to other social media sites everyday and they are still up...
Yeah they found a new server and then hackers took down the new server, and it's been offline ever since. Yesterday, 4chan started having similar issues, coincidentally right after the news broke of people making social media accounts posing as Jews and talking about how superior they are for whatever reason (family owns banks, heads of media, treatment of PoCs, etc.).

A lot of the NSFW images posted there are actually from the shills (bots/trolls) that are trying to shut it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 01:18 PM
 
Location: NC
7,355 posts, read 5,151,442 times
Reputation: 8077
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
walter kronkite taking off his glasses to tell about jfk's assassination was about as emotional as it got in those days.
Could you imagine the meltdown the RWNJ's would have had if Obama got shot and Dan Rather gave a crap about it? Their heads would all explode, screaming "fake news" with whatever was left of their face. (at least the ones that weren't out celebrating.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 01:59 PM
 
1 posts, read 86 times
Reputation: 10
Check out this site. He is very informative.

[url]https://theconservativetreehouse.com/[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 02:07 PM
 
28,290 posts, read 19,708,438 times
Reputation: 15085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Could you imagine the meltdown the RWNJ's would have had if Obama got shot and Dan Rather gave a crap about it? Their heads would all explode, screaming "fake news" with whatever was left of their face. (at least the ones that weren't out celebrating.)
quite a contrast to the massive parties all the leftists would have if trump got shot. none of them would give a crap what dan rather did, they'd be too busy busting out the champagne, dancing like elaine on Seinfeld, and crying tears of joy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 02:50 PM
 
365 posts, read 253,849 times
Reputation: 366
Associated Press and Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 02:54 PM
 
46,605 posts, read 18,735,172 times
Reputation: 19399
Man if anyone doesn't realize what crooks and liars they are by now, then they are brain dead and/or need to be committed. Nobody and I mean Nobody should be listening to these ******* pundits on any of the national MSM channels. And it's a damn shame the Democrat party chooses to let this woman participate in their nomination process.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top