U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 09:23 PM

2,251 posts, read 2,179,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
AP/Reuters.
Very respectable, unbiased. And most of the other news sources just rehash their stories anyway.
In addition to the above, BBC World Service and NPR. If you check all four, you can get pretty close to the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 10:38 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,206,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
New York Times works for me.
New York Times has NEVER been a reputable news source.

They hid the murder of 10,000,000 people in the 1930's. To this day, they refuse to apologize for their hand in the killing of 10 MILLION people.

That said....Wall Street Journal.

Sadly, in the end for most people it is about the money. Follow the money. Reading the Wall Street Journal also keeps track of the 1% and their views.

But really, the issues of the day revolve around economics and science. So read the professional journals in those areas.

The comment section....lots and lots of garbage,........the Seattle Times is an awful publication, but when there is an article on Boeing....read the comment section. Likewise, the smaller publications tend to have better commentators, than mass media.

Long ago, I took a college class in sociology and forest recreation. The thing I really remember from that class was...."pay attention to the fringe groups, they become mainstream over time". Right, wrong, or indifferent that was really good advice.

You really don't want to use the mass media for information. Today's journalists are "illiterate" in economics and science. I think that is one reason they spend so much time on politics...no education needed.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:02 PM

12,340 posts, read 3,124,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Credible media corrects when they get it wrong. Not so much for clickbait, unless court- ordered to do so. I will take WSJ, NYT and WaPO any day.
In other words, you don't read credible media. This isn't the 20th Century. The people running those papers back then had a modicum of integrity and credibility. Not true today.

Didn't you hear about the latest leaked transcripts of the NYT editorial meeting about their continuing quest to take down Trump? Didn't you hear about Maggie Haberman's three kids getting large trust funds from HRC as thanks for the glowing articles about her and the nasty ones about Trump?

Don't you know who owns WashingtonPoo?

WSJ is less dishonest because they have to deal with facts, not feeeeeelings

The others are DNC partisan hacks as revealed by Wikileaks in their emails where they were asking Podesta and HRC what to write. The broadcast and print anchors, reporters and execs would have big dinner parties like one big happy family crafting their false narratives to agree with each other. Guess who wasn't invited to these soirees? Fox!

Old 08-23-2019, 08:06 PM

34,583 posts, read 14,514,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
In other words, you don't read credible media. This isn't the 20th Century. The people running those papers back then had a modicum of integrity and credibility. Not true today.

Didn't you hear about the latest leaked transcripts of the NYT editorial meeting about their continuing quest to take down Trump? Didn't you hear about Maggie Haberman's three kids getting large trust funds from HRC as thanks for the glowing articles about her and the nasty ones about Trump?

Don't you know who owns WashingtonPoo?

WSJ is less dishonest because they have to deal with facts, not feeeeeelings

The others are DNC partisan hacks as revealed by Wikileaks in their emails where they were asking Podesta and HRC what to write. The broadcast and print anchors, reporters and execs would have big dinner parties like one big happy family crafting their false narratives to agree with each other. Guess who wasn't invited to these soirees? Fox!
Says the person that listens to Qanon, do tell your other reading sources.

Last edited by Goodnight; 08-23-2019 at 08:16 PM..

Old 08-23-2019, 08:10 PM

34,583 posts, read 14,514,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yes, local news can be good as well depending on market.
I like my small town newspapers for the local news, also enjoy some of the local news sources in Alabama, Mississippi and other locations when they are hit with a national story. Some very dedicated hard working reporters across the country.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:14 PM

15,942 posts, read 13,684,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Alternative is either the president (because he like, knows these things), or talk radio hosts that prey on paranoid schizophrenics by telling them their local water turns frogs gay..
I wonder if President Trump changes to InfoWars to take an occasional break from Fox News?

Old 08-23-2019, 08:15 PM

5,326 posts, read 1,481,519 times
Imagine thinking the press is too unreliable to believe and then going all in on Trump. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:20 PM

15,443 posts, read 9,461,480 times
NPR, OR PBS. There are some on YouTube I like as well. I don’t see the media so much corrupt as I do biased towards said parties.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:12 PM

8,115 posts, read 2,863,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Those are all so liberal, and you're getting slanted news. OP asked about objective reporting.

I like WSJ.
You lack critical thinking and are obviously biased,

Old 08-23-2019, 09:23 PM

2,613 posts, read 3,503,074 times
NY Times is still the best paper in the country...and when they make a mistake the correct it.

CNN is still the best network on cable TV as Fauxnews is trumps mouthpiece and MSNBC is the left's mouthpiece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or