U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:07 AM

16,342 posts, read 9,193,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
AOC(America’s Official Crackpot) calls the Electoral College a 'scam ...

She's entitled to her opinion, and yes, it was designed as an unbalanced mechanism from the start. But it appears to be doing what the founding fathers expected it to do, so there's that.
you know whats funny? i agree with you that she is entitled to her opinion. However, i believe the constitution is really really important and should always be the guiding document.... she doesn't think I am entitled to my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
She's is absolutely insane. She represents her party and constituents well.
correction. if AOC went on heavy meds and went to an in-patient facility for a year, THEN she would be sane enough to call "absolutely insane". We don't actually have a word in the English language for what AOC ... and by extention... the Squad.... and therefore what the Democrat party are...

Old Today, 10:09 AM

12,351 posts, read 8,188,090 times
Hey look, another right wing triggered AOC thread.

She doesn't represent the entire left and she is definitely not the official face of it. I love how she gets all you Trumpers riled up. You are definitely afraid of her.

Old Today, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I find it informative that conservatives seem to put a lot more stock and importance into what AOC says than do liberals.

<shrug>
i find it instructive that the left haven't kicked her out. BUT have given her a platform, have given her important committee seats etc.

Old Today, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post

She doesn't represent the entire left and she is definitely not the official face of it. I love how she gets all you Trumpers riled up. You are definitely afraid of her.
bull. Green new deal is hers and it has become a litmus test for the left.
she attacks the democrat speaker of the house and she gets away with it. she is everywhere and everything she says becomes the position of the party.

the sad thing is you guys realize just how awful she is and you say (weakly) "she isn't either the face of the party!"... yet you still fall in line...

and i don't do "triggered" that's a left term. it means you have no agency and others are in control of your emotions.... again that's a thing of, by and for the left. its a tool you left people use to hurt those that don't fall in line and do as they are told.

unlike you folk on the left, i make choice and live by and with my actions without blaming someone else.

Old Today, 10:18 AM

1,645 posts, read 315,858 times
Quote:

You might want to get ahold of the MSM outlets and let them know that.

Old Today, 10:25 AM

1,190 posts, read 207,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i just want to jump in here and say the left has become AOC. She represents the left.... this is how they think.
This only works if AOC will be on the debate stage with Trump, otherwise I have no idea who this strategy is for. I assume its targeting current Republicans who are also political junkies. I am around many conservatives and Republicans (they are no longer the same), none of them seem to care about congressmen from other states outside the leadership of each party in congress.

Honestly I don't think most of the eligible voters even know who she beyond "The woman Trump is mad at" to which she is just one of many.

Trump would be better served to come up with something to run on. We already have tariffs, Mitch McConnell wont let wall funding through so that goose is cooked, what else is there? Fighting the 4 is a loser. He needs to stop punching down so darn much, your the President of the USA, not the Diners Club.

Old Today, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
This only works if AOC will be on the debate stage with Trump, otherwise I have no idea who this strategy is for. I assume its targeting current Republicans who are political junkies.

Honestly I don't think most of the eligible voters even know who she beyond "The woman Trump is mad at" to which she is just one of many.
well... AOC is currently too young... however, there are more than a few who have decried that Constitutional limitation.

It should be clearly noted that HER Green New Deal has become a litmus test for democrats running for President and they have all raised their hands....

Old Today, 10:27 AM

11,914 posts, read 5,045,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i find it instructive that the left haven't kicked her out. BUT have given her a platform, have given her important committee seats etc.
If she is VOTED out, then she is VOTED out, that's how it works, right?

Old Today, 10:29 AM

1,934 posts, read 2,310,396 times
Quote:
You are definitely afraid of her.
NOBODY is actually scared of her in the sense that one would be frightened by say-a mountain lion or a grizzly bear.

What we ARE is a mix of irritated because of her stupidity and how she has been so inexplicably deified as well as amused by so many of her off the wall preposterous claims and proclamations.

Learn the difference. She's obviously seeking attention. Well....she's getting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or