U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:42 AM

10,105 posts, read 4,729,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Majority of Americans want something done about these assault weapons and mass shootings. That's all that matters to me. People can jump up and down and scream natural rights til the cows come home. I don't care at all what individuals do. But when what they do affects me or those I love or other people, then I think we all have a say. And that's what we're doing. Having our say. And we'll continue having our say. Hopefully all the way to the ballot box.
There has been only ONE mass shooting in the US that used an assault weapon and that was many years ago. The problem is that you are going after common hunting rifles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:51 AM

9,522 posts, read 2,893,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
There has been only ONE mass shooting in the US that used an assault weapon and that was many years ago. The problem is that you are going after common hunting rifles.
Okay, hunting rifles then. Whatever you want to call them. The madness has to stop.

Old Today, 11:51 AM

8,657 posts, read 1,979,435 times
Quote:
Majority of Americans want something done about these assault weapons and mass shootings. That's all that matters to me. People can jump up and down and scream natural rights til the cows come home. I don't care at all what individuals do. But when what they do affects me or those I love or other people, then I think we all have a say. And that's what we're doing. Having our say. And we'll continue having our say. Hopefully all the way to the ballot box.
Do you have the same concerns about the over 1000 people shot by cops every year, or the fact that your government has slaughtered tens of thousands of children overseas?

Old Today, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Do you have the same concerns about the over 1000 people shot by cops every year, or the fact that your government has slaughtered tens of thousands of children overseas?
Yes I do. We actually can address more than one problem at a time if we choose to. Those atrocities don't preclude doing something about what is happening with mass shootings in this country.

Old Today, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Your natural law rights end where my boundaries begin. Assault weapons are a huge issue and if we (majority of Americans) have to keep pressing to get things changed, that is what we will do.
You're completely correct in your first statement. However, when you violate MY natural rights because you feel “assault” weapons are a huge issue that's where the trouble starts.

Neither you, nor anyone else, has the right to tell anyone else what they can and cannot own.

Old Today, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Okay, hunting rifles then. Whatever you want to call them. The madness has to stop.
Cops murder people with AR-15s.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/opini...ano/index.html

Old Today, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Yes I do. We actually can address more than one problem at a time if we choose to. Those atrocities don't preclude doing something about what is happening with mass shootings in this country.
Cops shoot more people in one year than all mass shootings in 10 years combined.

Old Today, 11:57 AM

Quote:
You're completely correct in your first statement. However, when you violate MY natural rights because you feel “assault” weapons are a huge issue that's where the trouble starts.

Neither you, nor anyone else, has the right to tell anyone else what they can and cannot own.
I can't tell anyone what they can or cannot own. But there are people who can, and those are the people we're reaching out to.

There are lots of laws in this country that tell people what they can or cannot do or own. Like it or not. Your natural rights end where my natural rights begin. Wish we weren't all connected, but we are. What everyone in this country does affects everyone else. Therefore, laws and regulations have to be passed that protect the majority of the citizens, inconvenient as that may sound to you.

Old Today, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Cops shoot more people in one year than all mass shootings in 10 years combined.
What does that have to do with gun reform and the majority of Americans wanting assault weapons bans?

But I do agree with a problem with cop shootings.

Old Today, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Your natural rights end where my natural rights begin.
Exactly. Which is why all gun laws are infringements.

Quote:
Wish we weren't all connected, but we are. What everyone in this country does affects everyone else. Therefore, laws and regulations have to be passed that protect the majority of the citizens, inconvenient as that may sound to you.
Man made laws and regulations are illegitimate.

If you really wanted to protect people you'd advocate for the complete disarming of the government, including the military and the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies