U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:01 PM

10,105 posts, read 4,729,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I can't tell anyone what they can or cannot own. But there are people who can, and those are the people we're reaching out to.

There are lots of laws in this country that tell people what they can or cannot do or own. Like it or not. Your natural rights end where my natural rights begin. Wish we weren't all connected, but we are. What everyone in this country does affects everyone else. Therefore, laws and regulations have to be passed that protect the majority of the citizens, inconvenient as that may sound to you.
Do you realize that the rifles you are going after account for somewhere around 2% of gun deaths?
If you eliminate hunting rifles the deaths from car/deer collisions will be more people than die in the shootings? Or do you not care how many die but only gun deaths?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:02 PM

8,657 posts, read 1,979,435 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with gun reform and the majority of Americans wanting assault weapons bans?

But I do agree with a problem with cop shootings.
Because cops carry “assault” weapons, and anything the government has I should be able to have as well.

Anything else is tyranny.

Old Today, 12:03 PM

9,522 posts, read 2,893,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Exactly. Which is why all gun laws are infringements.

Man made laws and regulations are illegitimate.

If you really wanted to protect people you'd advocate for the complete disarming of the government, including the military and the police.
Well, it's the way it is. Personally, I'm glad there are certain laws because I don't care to live like the Hatfields and McCoys. And I don't care to disarm the government nor the police nor military. I think too much is spent on the military industrial complex, but that is another topic for another day.

Old Today, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Because cops carry “assault” weapons, and anything the government has I should be able to have as well.

Anything else is tyranny.
Thankfully, not everybody is allowed to have what they want. I'm glad the days of the wild west are over. It's bad enough as it is.

Old Today, 12:06 PM

Quote:
And I don't care to disarm the government nor the police nor military.
Why not?

What makes them better than you or me? Why should they have rights that I don't have?

Old Today, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Thankfully, not everybody is allowed to have what they want. I'm glad the days of the wild west are over. It's bad enough as it is.
The Wild West was one of the safest periods in this country's history, because everyone was armed.

https://history.howstuffworks.com/hi...-mild-west.htm

Old Today, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Why not?

What makes them better than you or me? Why should they have rights that I don't have?
Okay, Reb, getting a little weary of this conversation right now. Check in with you later.

Old Today, 12:10 PM

10,586 posts, read 6,391,647 times
Quote:
I don't give a damn about your feels. Live your life however you want. I'm just glad the majority of Americans see the problems and hopefully are doing something about them.
The majority of people that think , with logic, and don't make their decisions on emotions definitely see the problem. Getting the sheep onboard to understand it is the big problem.

Why now are we having the issues we are having, when the same firearms have been available to the general public for the last 50 plus years, with less restrictions. Please answer me that ?

Old Today, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Do you realize that the rifles you are going after account for somewhere around 2% of gun deaths?
If you eliminate hunting rifles the deaths from car/deer collisions will be more people than die in the shootings? Or do you not care how many die but only gun deaths?
Then lets go after the rifles that account for 2%. I'm all for that. No hunter I ever talked to was concerned about car/deer collisions. However, I do think there are a lot of deer that need to be culled in areas.

Old Today, 12:15 PM

10,586 posts, read 6,391,647 times
Quote:
Okay, hunting rifles then. Whatever you want to call them. The madness has to stop.
I agree. So why are you not concerned about the problem ?

Tell me this. When a civilian is wrongly shot by a LEO, why isn't the gun at fault ? Yet in these shootings , you are blaming the tool ? When someone is killed by a drunk driver why isn't the Vehicle and the 5th of Fireball at blame ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies