Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 12:55 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
The answer to that one would be "NO!" Why do you think the states have Fish and Wildlife Departments? The professional wildlife biologists do a much better job of controlling deer populations than a bunch of gun nuts with bad cases of buck fever ever will. I would love to be able to go to the mountains in the fall and not have to cover myself in dayglo orange in case some idiot mistakes me for a deer or an elk.

Or do you not care about all the people killed or injured in hunting accidents?
Hunting accidents are vary rare. And Fish and Wildlife control the population with hunting seasons. You don't know much do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 12:56 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. And when I presented logical questions to that poster... I got absolutely zero in return. Facts just don't compute to those that run on emotion.
Many of these posters are just ignorant and don't want to learn.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:59 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
And the fact is no one needs to be running around with semi-automatics other than law enforcement and the military.
Why do cops need semi-autos? What makes them better than us? Why do they have more rights than us?

Why does the military even exist?

I love how gun-grabbers always let the mask slip eventually--you don't want to ban guns; you just want the government to be the only ones to have them. Donald “Nazi” Trump is protected at all times by full-autos; why should he have that right?

Personally, I'd prefer everyday people to be strapped instead of a white supremacist government.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:06 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Hunting accidents are vary rare. And Fish and Wildlife control the population with hunting seasons. You don't know much do you?
You got me there. I'm such an idiot. I slept through all my classes on population biology, conservation and ecology. I'm such a fool that I have spent a lifetime sleepwalking through the Colorado mountains. God only knows why I didn't drive off a cliff or something. I wouldn't know the difference between an elk and a pika. I know nothing.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:08 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Just because you allow ultra conservative "news" sources to influence your emotions doesn't mean everyone else does. As a HUMAN BEING I felt both grief and outrage over the deaths of small children at Sandy Hook, at Columbine, at all the other mass shootings you worshippers of the Second Amendment inflict upon us. And the fact is no one needs to be running around with semi-automatics other than law enforcement and the military.

What have all you "responsible" gun owners done to address the issue of mass shootings? Let's see - go into hysterics at the very idea of background checks; donate your every last spare dime to the NRA so that they can buy off members of congress; run down to your local gun dealer in a fit of hysterics after every single mass shooting to ensure that there will still be plenty of guns and rounds of ammunition to kill children with - no matter what. No need to point out these pesky facts.

Love how you let your emotions cloud your judgment. The 2A and law abiding people have absolutely zero to do with these shootings. It's pretty offensive that you would lump my wife and I into those that kill. Just pathetic.
You , just like all of us, should be angered by these shootings. In 90% of the school shootings, it was known that the shooters were either unhinged, had mental issues, both and through off many flags that at some point in time something would happen. Blame the individuals that created HIPA laws, and gun free zones for these things.

As far as known needs a semi auto...just more signs of being clueless and just like that other poster said, you just are looking to feel like you're doing something. If it to 50 plus rounds , using semi autos to put the Dayton shooter down, I damn well be able to use the same thing to protect my family with.

As far as the NRA... you go ahead and pick whatever boogie man to place your negative feelz on. They are nothing more than a bunch of fud's. And aren't even in the top 20 lobbyists. Think what you want though.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:21 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Certainly this is something that needs to be looked at. If you're not in the military, you don't need to have a sniper rifle. This should have been addressed 16 years ago when the DC-snipers were running amok. Better late than never.

And don't tell me that you need a sniper rifle for hunting. You can get all the food you need to sustain life these days at your local grocer or restaurant.
The most famous sniper in history Finnish soldier Simo Häyhä during the winter war with Russia used a run of the mill issued Mosin rifle with NO optics.

https://www.historyextra.com/period/...th-winter-war/

Old 08-23-2019, 01:24 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm sure it's not much of a head when she's done. I don't know why anyone needs so much fire power for wildlife. A friend of mine had her spouse murdered by an AR-15. She was unidentifiable.
I suggest you go to a a range nd try some different guns out, because right now you don't know much about them.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:25 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Gun grabbers always hate it when people ask them why it's OK for the government to be armed, but not the people.

It's their authoritarian streak coming out.
Not a gun grabber as I own a few myself.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I suggest you go to a a range nd try some different guns out, because right now you don't know much about them.
I don't have to know. I know people in this country are getting tired of mass shootings, and the majority want something done about it.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. And when I presented logical questions to that poster... I got absolutely zero in return. Facts just don't compute to those that run on emotion.
Talk about emotions with the families of those who have died in mass shootings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies