U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 01:40 PM
Status: "She was warned yet STILL she persisted" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
4,851 posts, read 4,443,477 times
Reputation: 10578

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Why do cops need semi-autos? What makes them better than us? Why do they have more rights than us?

Why does the military even exist?

I love how gun-grabbers always let the mask slip eventually--you don't want to ban guns; you just want the government to be the only ones to have them. Donald “Nazi” Trump is protected at all times by full-autos; why should he have that right?

Personally, I'd prefer everyday people to be strapped instead of a white supremacist government.
The preferences of the resident anarchist are duly noted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 01:42 PM
 
10,586 posts, read 6,391,647 times
Reputation: 5889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Hey, gun guys, talk to me about limiting magazines.


Been several years since I did any deer hunting, but was certainly happy with six or seven shots in the magazine.


Would you be upset if we did away with, say more than 6, shot magazines? If we did away with things like 30 or 100 shot magazines we could slow down some of the killing sprees.


Is this something with which we can agree without infringing on the rights of sportsman?
Sure, we can limit firearms to their "standard" magazine size.


A Glock G17 has a 16 round mag
An AR15 comes with a 20 round mag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:43 PM
 
9,524 posts, read 2,893,827 times
Reputation: 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Lol...what does Trump have to do with this topic. Oh , wait I get it. Everything negative is Trumps fault. Now I'm starting to see who I'm having a discussion with... SMH...
Just saying you guys are worried about facts until your president decides they're not necessary or when he calls facts fake news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:46 PM
 
Location: The Great Northwet
47 posts, read 8,325 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't have to know. I know people in this country are getting tired of mass shootings, and the majority want something done about it.

Then I suggest you go home and take a cold hard look in the mirror. Guns havn't caused a damn thing. The society we created for ourselves has. These guns have been around for decades and it's only in the last 20 years or so that this has reared it's ugly head. Go look up the GCA of 1968 and see what it did and then ask yourself why this wasn't prevalent before that passed since the guns have been around long before that.


That you say you own a few guns I doubt, because you don't know a damn thing about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:48 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
11,456 posts, read 18,680,392 times
Reputation: 7957
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't have to know. I know people in this country are getting tired of mass shootings, and the majority want something done about it.
I as a 2nd advocate and someone who knows a lot about guns I'm tired of it also but I know that banning some kinds of guns won't end it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,660 posts, read 1,979,435 times
Reputation: 1701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
The preferences of the resident anarchist are duly noted.
The preferences of an apologist for a white supremacist government are duly noted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:16 PM
Status: "She was warned yet STILL she persisted" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
4,851 posts, read 4,443,477 times
Reputation: 10578
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Love how you let your emotions cloud your judgment. The 2A and law abiding people have absolutely zero to do with these shootings. It's pretty offensive that you would lump my wife and I into those that kill. Just pathetic.
You , just like all of us, should be angered by these shootings. In 90% of the school shootings, it was known that the shooters were either unhinged, had mental issues, both and through off many flags that at some point in time something would happen. Blame the individuals that created HIPA laws, and gun free zones for these things.


As far as known needs a semi auto...just more signs of being clueless and just like that other poster said, you just are looking to feel like you're doing something. If it to 50 plus rounds , using semi autos to put the Dayton shooter down, I damn well be able to use the same thing to protect my family with.


As far as the NRA... you go ahead and pick whatever boogie man to place your negative feelz on. They are nothing more than a bunch of fud's. And aren't even in the top 20 lobbyists. Think what you want though.
Believe it or not, I started out my adult life as pro-second amendment, pro-gun. I was married to an avid outdoorsman/gun collector for 20 years. I still have an old photo of myself with a big grin on my face and holding the rifle I bought my husband as a birthday gift in the early years of our marriage. So spare me your expressions of outrage as one of those good guys with a gun.

It took 20 years of one mass shooting after another for me to re-exam my values. All I have ever seen gun enthusiasts do is to dig in their heels in regard to doing anything about gun control. You are horrified about anything faintly resembling background checks and you demand endless magazines of ammunition and semi-automatics for the "protection" of your families. My Dad was a career US Army officer and he had an officer's Colt that he kept in a drawer near his bed. My Dad was a good man and an excellent marksman and he didn't require 100 rounds of ammo and a bump stock to keep me and my Mom safe.

The NRA and the worshippers of the Second Amendment have turned gun ownership in the United States into a sort of nuclear arms race. If a shotgun is good then the availability of military assault weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo to match is better yet. The intransigence of all you "good guy" gun owners has only led to more mass shootings rather than less, so yes, I do hold gun owners accountable.

Isn't it a shame that states like Texas and Ohio have become such liberal strongholds? If only Texas were a red state than every Texan would have had a concealed semi-automatic set to go and the shooting in El Paso would never have happened.

I now live alone on a ranch in rural Colorado and I still have that old Officer's Colt that I inherited from my Dad. No arms race required.

Last edited by Colorado Rambler; Today at 03:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Texas Hill Country
10,046 posts, read 5,594,846 times
Reputation: 8490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Hey, gun guys, talk to me about limiting magazines.

Been several years since I did any deer hunting, but was certainly happy with six or seven shots in the magazine.

Would you be upset if we did away with, say more than 6, shot magazines? If we did away with things like 30 or 100 shot magazines we could slow down some of the killing sprees.

Is this something with which we can agree without infringing on the rights of sportsman?
Okay, let me present you with a scenario.

You are lost in the woods, you have fallen down a gully and now one arm is in a sling. A distress signal with a gun is 3 shots spaced apart. https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...tress-signals/

What are you going to do, how are you going to do it if you only have one hand to load the magazine, if you don't have multiple magazines or multiple shot magazines?

As a hunter, you should be prepared to be taken out of your element. There have been cases where the hunter got lost while chasing a deer and was out there with no food, not even a candy bar. Think a little bit beyond your situation to be able to handle it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Believe it or not, I started out my adult life as pro-second amendment, pro-gun. I was married to an avid outdoorsman/gun collector for 20 years. I still have an old photo of myself with a big grin on my face and holding the rifle I bought my husband as a birthday gift in the early years of our marriage. So spare me your expressions of outrage as one of those good guys with a gun.

It took 20 years of one mass shooting after another for me to re-exam my values. All I have ever seen gun enthusiasts do is to dig in their heels in regard to doing anything about gun control. You are horrified about anything faintly resembling background checks and you demand endless magazines of ammunition and semi-automatics for the "protection" of your families. My Dad was a career US Army officer and he had an officer's Colt that he kept in a drawer near his bed. My Dad was a good man and an excellent marksman and he didn't require 100 rounds of ammo and a bump stock to keep me and my Mom safe.

The NRA and the worshippers of the Second Amendment have turned gun ownership in the United States into a sort of nuclear arms race. If a shotgun is good then the availability of military assault weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo to match is better yet. The intransigence of all you "good guy" gun owners has only led to more mass shootings rather than less, so yes, I do own gun owners accountable.

Isn't it a shame that states like Texas and Ohio have become such liberal strongholds? If only Texas were a red state than every Texan would have had a concealed semi-automatic set to go and the shooting in El Paso would never have happened.

I now live alone on a ranch in rural Colorado and I still have that old Officer's Colt that I inherited from my Dad. No arms race required.
Hmmmm, my father was also career military......I have nightmares of him coming back from the grave, finding out what I am into, and disowning me.

But in any event, I have more than one, a selection to convince anyone that comes after me of what a VERY BAD IDEA that is. For I, too, live alone on a ranch.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; Today at 02:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:04 PM
 
9,524 posts, read 2,893,827 times
Reputation: 5713
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
Then I suggest you go home and take a cold hard look in the mirror. Guns havn't caused a damn thing. The society we created for ourselves has. These guns have been around for decades and it's only in the last 20 years or so that this has reared it's ugly head. Go look up the GCA of 1968 and see what it did and then ask yourself why this wasn't prevalent before that passed since the guns have been around long before that.


That you say you own a few guns I doubt, because you don't know a damn thing about them.
I don't care if you call me a liar. That all you got? Geez. I don't need to look in the mirror. I didn't have any angry white young men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:07 PM
 
10,586 posts, read 6,391,647 times
Reputation: 5889
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Just saying you guys are worried about facts until your president decides they're not necessary or when he calls facts fake news.
Which has **** all to do with this conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top