U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM

47 posts, read 8,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yeah, shame on me for pointing out that facts aren't all created equal, lol.
Except you and facts are mutually exclusive. Emotion is all you got and an opinion that you're entitled to, but not you own set of facts.

The problems are societal and if they're not addressed NOTHING will change. A gun is a tool nothing more, nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM

3,651 posts, read 989,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We could see this coming a mile off. Local news said "Sniper rifle" like 5 times. They aren't even done with "assault weapon" yet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1VC0BL
Same group wants everyone to be helpless and let the government take care of our every whim. From health care, to education, housing, transportation and even feeding ourselves.

Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM

4,824 posts, read 4,065,471 times
Quote:
I don't have to know. I know people in this country are getting tired of mass shootings, and the majority want something done about it.
Well, after the last shooting I took direct, meaningful action. The Dayton shooter allegedly used an AR pistol and gun grabbers have been shrieking in the media about banning this type of weapon. Reports are that the ATF might rule against them as they did with bumpstocks. Or not. So I did the logical thing and bought one. On the Interwebz. (Eeeek! Online gun sales! Oh noez!) I値l pick it up from my friendly neighborhood FFL after passing a background check.

See, something is being done. Now I need a bigger vault.

Excuse me, but I知 going to my man cave now to do some reloading. It passes the time and is relaxing.

Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM

10,110 posts, read 4,732,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Well, after the last shooting I took direct, meaningful action. The Dayton shooter allegedly used an AR pistol and gun grabbers have been shrieking in the media about banning this type of weapon. Reports are that the ATF might rule against them as they did with bumpstocks. Or not. So I did the logical thing and bought one. On the Interwebz. (Eeeek! Online gun sales! Oh noez!) I値l pick it up from my friendly neighborhood FFL after passing a background check.

Excuse me, but I知 going to my man cave now to do some reloading. It passes the time and is relaxing.
That reminds me, I need to pick up some .243 ammo for my rifle with the scope.

Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM

52,456 posts, read 42,188,366 times
The greatest sniper in the history of the world used a bold action rifle without a scope.

He killed 700+ Russians during WW2 if I recall correctly.

Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

9,530 posts, read 2,904,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
Except you and facts are mutually exclusive. Emotion is all you got and an opinion that you're entitled to, but not you own set of facts.

The problems are societal and if they're not addressed NOTHING will change. A gun is a tool nothing more, nothing less.
This looks like an opinion to me. And you damn right I have emotion. As do the families of those killed by mass murderers. That's what's going to change the issues we have with the craziness that is going on right now.

Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

9,530 posts, read 2,904,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

Enjoy your new gun. I couldn't care less that you rushed right out and bought one. But there are millions out there who feel just like me, and we're working hard to address the issues.

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM

8,719 posts, read 1,988,810 times
Quote:
This looks like an opinion to me. And you damn right I have emotion. As do the families of those killed by mass murderers. That's what's going to change the issues we have with the craziness that is going on right now.
Once again, cops kill more people in one year than all mass shootings in 10 years combined.

Do you agree that cops should be disarmed?

Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM

30,356 posts, read 15,755,360 times
Quote:
Enjoy your new gun. I couldn't care less that you rushed right out and bought one. But there are millions out there who feel just like me, and we're working hard to address the issues.
By locking up violent people?

Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM

7,673 posts, read 2,727,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The greatest sniper in the history of the world used a bold action rifle without a scope.

He killed 700+ Russians during WW2 if I recall correctly.
And what were the circumstances? Are you suggesting there is no difference in lethalness of a fire arm? If so then logically you should not have any complaints against restrictions. Such as rifles only with bolt action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies