U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM

37,856 posts, read 16,386,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Touchy touchy i merely ask why sniper rifles and assault weapons are necessary and here comes the entire republican party to defend their 2nd ammendment right to own sniper rifles and assault weapons.
Only someone who knows NOTHING about arms and the 2nd amendment would ask such an ignorant question!

"Touchy touchy", looks like YOU are the one who is so offended.

Last edited by Quick Enough; Yesterday at 06:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
A 30.06, you DO need to hunt deer, boar, and such. You DON'T need an AR-15, much less army surplus weaponry left over from WW2, much less Vietnam and even less from the post-Cold War years.
"you DON'T need", give is the ENTIRE inventory of EVERYTHING you own, and I'd be we could find LOTS of things you "don't need'!

We "don't need" dozens of car makers. or TV's or smart phones or soda makers BUT, we have them.

"FREEDOM of CHOICE", maybe you should look it up!

Old Yesterday, 06:18 AM

Quote:
To non gun people correct terminology may be lacking but the bottom line is to minimize sales of weapons that can kill many people really quickly. As a gun person yourself please use the correct terminology to explain what steps you would take to curb the carnage happening in America.
"to minimize sales of weapons that can kill many people really quickly.", just about ALL firearms are capable of doing it. Whats next

Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM

3,172 posts, read 984,259 times
Quote:
To non gun people correct terminology may be lacking but the bottom line is to minimize sales of weapons that can kill many people really quickly. As a gun person yourself please use the correct terminology to explain what steps you would take to curb the carnage happening in America.
Correct terminology absolutely cannot Be lacking when legally defining restrictions upon law abiding citizens. If you have a "bottom line", then it is your onus to define what that is.
I'm not much of a gun person, and I also do not attempt to "fix" issues with More restriction and less freedom.

But if you are looking for a layman's opinion, I believe that most firearms are capable of your quoted description, "weapons that can kill many people really quickly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"to minimize sales of weapons that can kill many people really quickly.", just about ALL firearms are capable of doing it. Whats next
Agreed.

Last edited by Jimbo302; Yesterday at 06:53 AM..

Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM

10,111 posts, read 4,737,995 times
Quote:
So you would make the 22 rifle that I have used for rabbit hunting since 1956 illegal? It is semi auto and so fires one shot per trigger pull just like an AR 15.

Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM

10,063 posts, read 5,603,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So you would make the 22 rifle that I have used for rabbit hunting since 1956 illegal? It is semi auto and so fires one shot per trigger pull just like an AR 15.
The "hilarious" thing is that the .22, for those not in the know, is a pretty perfect "sniper" rifle because its low recoil means that the target lock isn't broken on each shot, unlike with the -15.

For those who want to regulate me down to a .22, that I can maintain my marksmanship skills with that, it has all the perfection that the -15 doesn't, all the lethality that they would want to get rid of them.

Of course, this is assuming that we trust them..........................WHICH MOST OF US DON'T!

Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM

35,883 posts, read 32,578,726 times
Quote:
Whats your rational for people to own sniper rifles and assault weapons?
Easy, one doesn't exist and the other has been defined to include everything by the left. So any gun can be a "sniper" rifle.

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM

10,587 posts, read 6,400,136 times
Quote:
Whats your rational for people to own sniper rifles and assault weapons?
Way to vague of a question. What is a sniper rifle ? A Ruger 10/22 with a scope ? A Barrett .50bmg ?

What is an assault weapon ? A hammer ? A knife ? A semi auto mag fed rifle ?

Those are made up terms, politicians and the media love these and the public just runs with them.

Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM

34,725 posts, read 41,916,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
1st question is, describe what do you think a "sniper rifle" and an "assault rifle" is. MOST "gun grabbers" who use these term have NO clue about firearms.

2md, What is your rational for people who own cars that do over 150 MPH? Boats that are over 100 foot long for only 2 people when they have several houses, etc?

In a FREE society, we are FREE to own whatever is legal.
For us people lacking the minutia of gun terminology why dont you set us straight on what a sniper rifle and an assault weapon is. And while you are at it whats your solution to Americas gun violence?
My understanding of the phrase assault weapon =https://www.journal-news.com/news/national/assault-weapon-assault-rifle-what-the-difference/LPXLAj8ZcHkPn2rLn3bOGK/#targetText=What's%20called%20an%20assault%20weapo n,of%20this%20type%20of%20weapon.

Last edited by jambo101; Yesterday at 10:11 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM

8,267 posts, read 2,848,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
A 30.06, you DO need to hunt deer, boar, and such. You DON'T need an AR-15, much less army surplus weaponry left over from WW2, much less Vietnam and even less from the post-Cold War years.

Who appointed you Czar of what I need or don't need?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies