U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM

8,270 posts, read 2,848,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, you are right. Next they will be saying BB guns are on the hit list.

Gun nuts need to get this through their heads, NO ONE cares about shotguns, rifles, or pistols, those are always going to be a part of sensible gun ownership. MILITARY TYPE ASSAULT WEAPONS make no sense whatsoever, and should never be in the hands of anyone except the military and law enforcement.

Just like I do not need a tank to protect myself, neither do I need a weapon that was designed to wipe out as many people as possible in as short a period of time as possible. This gun ownership and open carry situation has gotten way out of hand and needs fixed.

When mass murder events start to become an everyday occurrence in this country, something has got to change.

So.......

What makes you think that if you could successfully ban or otherwise remove from existence all the evil "assault weapons" ....

That the people bent on killing other people won't use "sensible" guns like shotguns, rifles and pistols?

It's not the gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM

6,890 posts, read 3,817,207 times
Gee -- what would I use a sniper rifle for? Oh -- never mind.

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

30,399 posts, read 15,771,245 times
I just taught my 11-year-old how to put a 1911 into condition 1.

Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

3,172 posts, read 984,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For us people lacking the minutia of gun terminology why dont you set us straight on what a sniper rifle and an assault weapon is. And while you are at it whats your solution to Americas gun violence?
My understanding of the phrase assault weapon =https://www.journal-news.com/news/national/assault-weapon-assault-rifle-what-the-difference/LPXLAj8ZcHkPn2rLn3bOGK/#targetText=What's%20called%20an%20assault%20weapo n,of%20this%20type%20of%20weapon.
Your article says there is "no such thing" as an assault weapon, and it is correct.

A "sniper rifle" has no set definition.

If you want to ban something you are going to have to define it.

Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

35,888 posts, read 32,578,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Gee -- what would I use a sniper rifle for? Oh -- never mind.
Whatever you want since any firearm can be one. A Sniper isn't a verb or adjective.

Old Today, 02:43 AM

34,724 posts, read 41,916,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

When mass murder events start to become an everyday occurrence in this country, something has got to change.
Well mass murders are becoming all tooo frequent in America what do you think should be done?

Old Today, 02:50 AM

34,724 posts, read 41,916,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post

If you want to ban something you are going to have to define it.
ok lets start with more rules a regulations on the AR15 =https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ngs/339519002/

Old Today, 02:55 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,185,862 times
Nothing is getting banned, if anything should be I say ban facebook.

Old Today, 03:26 AM

12,970 posts, read 4,393,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
About twenty years ago, the Media stopped using the term "Gang Violence" to describe inner city Black, on Black violent crime, and switched to "GUN VIOLENCE". This takes the responsibility AWAY from the criminal (person) and transfer it to the tool (gun).

The useful idiots fell for the brainwashing.
That is an interesting point and one I never thought of - but you're right.

Old Today, 03:44 AM

762 posts, read 307,289 times
Let's see... You want me to give up my guns, but you will give criminals a free pass in the criminal justice system since often those gun violations are dropped by the courts.

I have an ideal... Why don't we hold criminals accountable for their crimes and lock them up?

I know that this is a new concept, but something tells me that this will reduce violent crime more than banning an AR15.

On a sidenote. To all the Fudds who sold out the Modern Sporting Rifle crowd... Now they're coming after YOUR scoped finely tuned bolt action "sniper rifles." We told you this, but you didn't listen and you're next if they win on the AR15 issue.

Oh!! You think it will never happen? In my State, both Ruger's 10/22 (.22 L/R) and the Mini-14 (.223/300 BO/7.62x39mm) are NOW "assault gun."

If every single responsible gun owners do not make a solid stand now and we end up loosing our Modern Sporting Rifles and Our Hunting Rifles, do you know what is next? Our evil "Trench Gun," I mean our pump-action shotguns. After they win this battle, the anti gun crowd will not stop till every single 1911 and even our six/shot shot revolvers, like the S&W Model 10's, 19's and 36's. are made illegal.

Last edited by bergun; Today at 03:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies