U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 23 days ago)

3,804 posts, read 674,424 times

Advertisements

Certainly this is something that needs to be looked at. If you're not in the military, you don't need to have a sniper rifle. This should have been addressed 16 years ago when the DC-snipers were running amok. Better late than never.

And don't tell me that you need a sniper rifle for hunting. You can get all the food you need to sustain life these days at your local grocer or restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

30,216 posts, read 16,660,128 times
I had to change my route home from work for the third time this week, darn snipers again

Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM

8,657 posts, read 1,979,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Certainly this is something that needs to be looked at. If you're not in the military, you don't need to have a sniper rifle. This should have been addressed 16 years ago when the DC-snipers were running amok. Better late than never.

And don't tell me that you need a sniper rifle for hunting. You can get all the food you need to sustain life these days at your local grocer or restaurant.
Why does the military need sniper rifles?

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM

16,627 posts, read 16,770,516 times
They will have to do a gun-grab to have an even negligible impact on the number of firearms in circulation.

300+ million out there, and that number spikes every time politicians start clucking about imposing new restrictions on firearms.

Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM

541 posts, read 110,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

Sweet.

I don't doubt we'll hear more like this (dunno if you're serious). Now bolt action rifles are on the chopping block.

Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM

9,522 posts, read 2,893,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We could see this coming a mile off. Local news said "Sniper rifle" like 5 times. They aren't even done with "assault weapon" yet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1VC0BL
All this talk of supporting the 2nd Amendment, and I've yet to see a well regulated militia. I see a bunch of yahoos wanting to have the right to bear whatever and how many arms they want, but somehow the words "well regulated" seem to missing from all the rhetoric. How can people who can get as much ammunition as they want or who can escape through the gun show loophole consider themselves regulated?

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM

2,581 posts, read 1,014,366 times
I have a friend who back in Vietnam shot and killed a higher up Kremlin supporter with a sniper rifle with bolt action as described. We need these guns around. There are too many Kremlin supporters among us.

Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM

8,657 posts, read 1,979,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
All this talk of supporting the 2nd Amendment, and I've yet to see a well regulated militia. I see a bunch of yahoos wanting to have the right to bear whatever and how many arms they want, but somehow the words "well regulated" seem to missing from all the rhetoric. How can people who can get as much ammunition as they want or who can escape through the gun show loophole consider themselves regulated?
Because the Constitution doesn't override natural law.

As a sovereign individual, I have the absolute right to own anything I damn well please, as long as it was acquired through voluntary exchange. No one has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot own.

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

2,581 posts, read 1,014,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

As a sovereign individual, I have the absolute right to own anything I damn well please, as long as it was acquired through voluntary exchange. No one has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot own.
Iím sure all the meth heads and junkies agree with you.

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

9,522 posts, read 2,893,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Same ole, same ole. Still waiting on an answer from all those so concerned about the Constitution. And since when does natural law dictate that you get to own any gun you want? What the hell does that even mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies