U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM

67,247 posts, read 34,245,521 times

Advertisements

Government officials fear 100 million snipers.
It is not the handgun, it is that rifle that can reach out and touch them at will, they fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:36 AM

8,261 posts, read 2,843,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Certainly this is something that needs to be looked at. If you're not in the military, you don't need to have a sniper rifle. This should have been addressed 16 years ago when the DC-snipers were running amok. Better late than never.

And don't tell me that you need a sniper rifle for hunting. You can get all the food you need to sustain life these days at your local grocer or restaurant.

Pretty much any hunting rifle is a "sniper rifle" by definition.

The only thing different is the intended target.

Old Today, 05:55 AM

5,629 posts, read 7,051,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
All this talk of supporting the 2nd Amendment, and I've yet to see a well regulated militia. I see a bunch of yahoos wanting to have the right to bear whatever and how many arms they want, but somehow the words "well regulated" seem to missing from all the rhetoric. How can people who can get as much ammunition as they want or who can escape through the gun show loophole consider themselves regulated?
Which gun show loophole allows me to buy a machine gun?

Old Today, 05:57 AM

5,629 posts, read 7,051,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Could be that the government keeps quashing attempts to organize militia groups.

Like Clive Bundy on Oregon. Like David Koresh in Waco. The media makes these folks out to be nut jobs, just like they've done to Mr Trump.

Maybe we should all read George Orwell's "1984" with an eye to today's main stream media propaganda.

Don't forget the group in Idaho.

Old Today, 06:28 AM

10,586 posts, read 6,391,647 times
Quote:
Certainly this is something that needs to be looked at. If you're not in the military, you don't need to have a sniper rifle. This should have been addressed 16 years ago when the DC-snipers were running amok. Better late than never.

And don't tell me that you need a sniper rifle for hunting. You can get all the food you need to sustain life these days at your local grocer or restaurant.
As usual, you show your complete ignorance on the topic of firearms.

So, please explain this ^^^
What makes a "sniper rifle" ? You've also stated before, an AR15 isn't a hunting rifle. So Please, do tell, what can be used to hunt with ? What is Travis T approved for hunting ?

Old Today, 06:30 AM

10,586 posts, read 6,391,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
All this talk of supporting the 2nd Amendment, and I've yet to see a well regulated militia. I see a bunch of yahoos wanting to have the right to bear whatever and how many arms they want, but somehow the words "well regulated" seem to missing from all the rhetoric. How can people who can get as much ammunition as they want or who can escape through the gun show loophole consider themselves regulated?
What's a "gun show loophole" ?!?!? Am I missing out on something ? I think we have a gun show coming up locally, tell me this loophole so I can maybe benefit there.

Old Today, 06:31 AM

10,046 posts, read 5,594,846 times
Quote:

I have a girl friend who uses the AR-15 for hunting wild turkey. She hits them in the head.

Old Today, 08:03 AM

9,522 posts, read 2,893,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You believe what you want, the rest of America will do the same. Militia is the public. Regulated means well running. Like a checklist of being prepared.
It also means abiding by rules and regulations. I'll go with that. Besides, the majority of Americans are for gun reform. Militia is not the public, btw. It may be a segment of the public, like our military isn't all of us, but a segment of the population.

Old Today, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What's a "gun show loophole" ?!?!? Am I missing out on something ? I think we have a gun show coming up locally, tell me this loophole so I can maybe benefit there.
You can google what gun show loopholes are about.

Old Today, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I have a girl friend who uses the AR-15 for hunting wild turkey. She hits them in the head.
I'm sure it's not much of a head when she's done. I don't know why anyone needs so much fire power for wildlife. A friend of mine had her spouse murdered by an AR-15. She was unidentifiable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies