U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:35 AM

10,586 posts, read 6,391,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm sure it's not much of a head when she's done. I don't know why anyone needs so much fire power for wildlife. A friend of mine had her spouse murdered by an AR-15. She was unidentifiable.

So much firepower ? What makes it so much more than anything else ? The reason I have one , is I can use it at my local indoor range because of it's lack of firepower... very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:06 AM

17,109 posts, read 11,946,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We could see this coming a mile off. Local news said "Sniper rifle" like 5 times. They aren't even done with "assault weapon" yet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1VC0BL

more nebulous terminology to be inclusive of any rifle with a telescopic scope.... so let's see, all semi auto rifles are verboten under the term, 'assault weapons' and anything that remains which wears a scope is now considered a,'sniper rifle'. have most of it covered. Save pistols for another day.

NJ considers BB guns/ .177 and .22 cal air rifles the legal equivalent of centerfire rifles.

some states are soon going to be the recipient of a major influx of new residents

Old Today, 10:16 AM

8,657 posts, read 1,979,435 times
Quote:
Yeah, yeah, whatever. Same ole, same ole. Still waiting on an answer from all those so concerned about the Constitution. And since when does natural law dictate that you get to own any gun you want? What the hell does that even mean?
Do you know anything about natural law?

https://mises.org/library/introduction-natural-law

Old Today, 10:43 AM

4,302 posts, read 4,110,774 times
Quote:
All this talk of supporting the 2nd Amendment, and I've yet to see a well regulated militia. I see a bunch of yahoos wanting to have the right to bear whatever and how many arms they want, but somehow the words "well regulated" seem to missing from all the rhetoric. How can people who can get as much ammunition as they want or who can escape through the gun show loophole consider themselves regulated?
We buy it. Like going to Costco and getting 100 rolls of TP, buying in bulk saves money.

As others have stated, there is no gun show loophole. If you buy a gun from a licensed dealer at a gun show, you have to go through the same process as buying at a store. If you buy it from an individual, you follow the same laws of your state as if you found the seller on Facebook or your local paper's classifieds. The only thing a gun show does is bring buyers and sellers to the same location. You can't stop commerce.

Old Today, 10:49 AM

4,302 posts, read 4,110,774 times
Quote:
I'm sure it's not much of a head when she's done. I don't know why anyone needs so much fire power for wildlife. A friend of mine had her spouse murdered by an AR-15. She was unidentifiable.
As others stated, a .223 caliber AR-15 isn't powerful. In fact, some places do not allow you to hunt deer with it.

I've hunted with a .30-30 since 1980 and it is much more powerful than a standard AR-15. The majority of hunting rifles are more powerful than an AR.

Did your last two sentences expect to hit us in our "feels"? I've had friend die in car crashes and I still drive. I have lost family members to drinking and I still drink in moderation. I even had a sister die from crack and I am pushing for the government to give up the war on drugs because it is unconstitutional. I live my life by logic and principles.

Old Today, 11:25 AM

9,522 posts, read 2,893,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Because you were there right? We were out working with BP and radioing/texting in EVERY illegal we saw and gave lat/lon and predicted path to BP Supervisors who coordinated field to intercept.

You keep talking about a lot of stuff you know nothing about but do anyway. Who's winning the Super Bowl this year? I need another hundred horse out of my F350, which tune should I buy? Diesel, if that makes a difference.
That's why I live in America, so I can give my opinion on things. And I will continue to do so. I have every right to weigh in on how I want things in my country to be. Sorry not sorry that you don't approve.

Old Today, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
As others stated, a .223 caliber AR-15 isn't powerful. In fact, some places do not allow you to hunt deer with it.

I've hunted with a .30-30 since 1980 and it is much more powerful than a standard AR-15. The majority of hunting rifles are more powerful than an AR.

Did your last two sentences expect to hit us in our "feels"? I've had friend die in car crashes and I still drive. I have lost family members to drinking and I still drink in moderation. I even had a sister die from crack and I am pushing for the government to give up the war on drugs because it is unconstitutional. I live my life by logic and principles.
I don't give a damn about your feels. Live your life however you want. I'm just glad the majority of Americans see the problems and hopefully are doing something about them.

Old Today, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

Majority of Americans want something done about these assault weapons and mass shootings. That's all that matters to me. People can jump up and down and scream natural rights til the cows come home. I don't care at all what individuals do. But when what they do affects me or those I love or other people, then I think we all have a say. And that's what we're doing. Having our say. And we'll continue having our say. Hopefully all the way to the ballot box.

Old Today, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
Well regulated in this context doesn't mead what you think it means. I'm willing to bet you knew this but don't really care.
We will have to agree to disagree. I do know the majority of Americans want gun reform and I'm hoping they won't stop until we get it.

Old Today, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

Your natural law rights end where my boundaries begin. Assault weapons are a huge issue and if we (majority of Americans) have to keep pressing to get things changed, that is what we will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies