Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 08:44 PM

2,068 posts, read 997,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
All this talk of supporting the 2nd Amendment, and I've yet to see a well regulated militia.

Could be that the government keeps quashing attempts to organize militia groups.

Like Clive Bundy on Oregon. Like David Koresh in Waco. The media makes these folks out to be nut jobs, just like they've done to Mr Trump.

Maybe we should all read George Orwell's "1984" with an eye to today's main stream media propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 08:45 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Could be that the government keeps quashing attempts to organize militia groups.

Like Clive Bundy on Oregon. Like David Koresh in Waco. The media makes these folks out to be nut jobs, just like they've done to Mr Trump.

Maybe we should all read George Orwell's "1984" with an eye to today's main stream media propaganda.
Oh here we go . . . Actually the militia was supposed to be working with the government to protect our borders. We don't need some wild west yahoos out there doing whatever the hell they please. Give me a break.

BTW, the guys ARE or were nut jobs.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:46 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Certainly this is something that needs to be looked at. If you're not in the military, you don't need to have a sniper rifle. This should have been addressed 16 years ago when the DC-snipers were running amok. Better late than never.

And don't tell me that you need a sniper rifle for hunting. You can get all the food you need to sustain life these days at your local grocer or restaurant.
Do you realize how many hundreds of people would die yearly from car-deer wrecks and how many deer would starve without hunting? And that doesn't even count all the other animals that are hunted. Besides, knowing absolutely nothing about rural people, you don't realize that hundreds of people count on wild game to eat. You are just totally wrong about so many things.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:59 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Lol, next on their list? They haven’t banned one gun yet. It’s just not going to happen.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:02 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,961,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Certainly this is something that needs to be looked at. If you're not in the military, you don't need to have a sniper rifle. This should have been addressed 16 years ago when the DC-snipers were running amok. Better late than never.

And don't tell me that you need a sniper rifle for hunting. You can get all the food you need to sustain life these days at your local grocer or restaurant.
Professional snipers rather rated them as amateurs......and that's putting it nicely for what they said.

They weren't using a sniper round.

They were shooting at far less than sniper distances.

They were shooting people only standing still or moving in a line toward or away from them.

If you can find it, here's the article from October 15, 2002:

"Killer sullies image of all snipers, professional sharpshooters say"

Old 08-22-2019, 09:35 PM

50,236 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
All this talk of supporting the 2nd Amendment, and I've yet to see a well regulated militia. I see a bunch of yahoos wanting to have the right to bear whatever and how many arms they want, but somehow the words "well regulated" seem to missing from all the rhetoric. How can people who can get as much ammunition as they want or who can escape through the gun show loophole consider themselves regulated?
You believe what you want, the rest of America will do the same. Militia is the public. Regulated means well running. Like a checklist of being prepared.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Oh here we go . . . Actually the militia was supposed to be working with the government to protect our borders. We don't need some wild west yahoos out there doing whatever the hell they please. Give me a break.

BTW, the guys ARE or were nut jobs.
Because you were there right? We were out working with BP and radioing/texting in EVERY illegal we saw and gave lat/lon and predicted path to BP Supervisors who coordinated field to intercept.

You keep talking about a lot of stuff you know nothing about but do anyway. Who's winning the Super Bowl this year? I need another hundred horse out of my F350, which tune should I buy? Diesel, if that makes a difference.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol, next on their list? They haven’t banned one gun yet. It’s just not going to happen.
Oh, there are bans, that don't ban anything. Symbolism. The lefts new online protests.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,110,337 times
All the campers getting mad..

Old 08-22-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
That "little gun" on top is an AR-15 with an 18" barrel. The bottom is an semi-auto chambered in .300 Win Mag. For those not familiar with a rifle of this type, with the right person pulling the trigger it can hit a target easily a mile away.

I had a win mag in AR and sold it and that was the biggest mistake I've made lately. I switched to bolt and the recoil, even with a brake, is a LOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies