Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 08:08 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We could see this coming a mile off. Local news said "Sniper rifle" like 5 times. They aren't even done with "assault weapon" yet.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1VC0BL
Where does it say "sniper rifle"??? Where does it say they want to grab them?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 08:14 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
The article states a "sniper" shot at the cop. The true meaning of sniper is MILITARY person using a rifle for that specific purpose. The author of the article misused the term. This seems to be very common today...…...using the wrong adjective or adverb to describe something which is NOT true...……….

Old 08-23-2019, 08:15 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
The article states a "sniper" shot at the cop. The true meaning of sniper is MILITARY person using a rifle for that specific purpose. The author of the article misused the term. This seems to be very common today...…...using the wrong adjective or adverb to describe something which is NOT true...……….
agreed... but to morph the one use of "sniper" to "sniper rifle" and then morph that into gun grabbers wanting to ban them is rewriting the article intentionally to troll/rant.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:40 AM

306 posts, read 102,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
All this talk of supporting the 2nd Amendment, and I've yet to see a well regulated militia. I see a bunch of yahoos wanting to have the right to bear whatever and how many arms they want, but somehow the words "well regulated" seem to missing from all the rhetoric. How can people who can get as much ammunition as they want or who can escape through the gun show loophole consider themselves regulated?

Well regulated in this context doesn't mead what you think it means. I'm willing to bet you knew this but don't really care.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I'm sure it's not much of a head when she's done. I don't know why anyone needs so much fire power for wildlife. A friend of mine had her spouse murdered by an AR-15. She was unidentifiable.

Because it's the bill of rights, not the bill of needs.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:44 AM

923 posts, read 495,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlhdtodd View Post
Well regulated in this context doesn't mead what you think it means. I'm willing to bet you knew this but don't really care.

The Founding Fathers intent and use of "well regulated" has been covered in POC and elsewhere ad nauseam and there is also a wealth of historical and grammatical analysis of the wording and context of the Second Amendment to be found online. They either choose to remain willfully ignorant, or are incapable of learning anything but what they're fed by their controllers ... or they are simply trolls.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Lol, next on their list? They haven’t banned one gun yet. It’s just not going to happen.

Not for lack of trying.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:49 AM

923 posts, read 495,136 times
Quote:
It also means abiding by rules and regulations. I'll go with that.

Oh we're choosing our own definitions, ok.

Trobe - as per the urban dictionary has two meanings, the second of which is "idiot". As you say, I'll go with that. There are a number of equally applicable hashtags associated with that definition that help cement the case for that one being the right one.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trobe

Old 08-23-2019, 09:15 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
I'm sure it's not much of a head when she's done. I don't know why anyone needs so much fire power for wildlife....... .
PRECISELY!

As oppose to killing the bird with a shot gun........and having to dig all that shot out of your meat, she dispatches the bird by taking off the inedible head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post

Or a police sniper.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:33 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
You can google what gun show loopholes are about.

Hate to tell you this , but there is no such thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies