Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 09:20 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sure wouldnt know it from your post
Because I'm not frothing at the mouth about the reality that public housing is here to stay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 09:22 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Because I'm not frothing at the mouth about the reality that public housing is here to stay?
Exhibit #86870709 of why conservatives are cowards.

Anarchists > libertarians > conservatives > liberals > MAGAs

Old 08-22-2019, 09:30 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Why should an immigrant get welfare?
LOL you are meeting our resident Ancaps.
Hang on for the ride.
Someone page T310. He's late.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:33 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Why should an immigrant get welfare?
They shouldn't and for the same reasons a US citizen shouldn't. Every rob and redistribute scheme is an immoral act.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
But welfare to "illegals" isn't? Its your submission to such schemes that allow for the latter.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:37 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,280 times
Citizens are a captive audience and the Dems already have those votes locked in. Not only can they take them for granted, but the Dems can continue TO TAKE from them. The people who vote "D" today would still voluntarily hand over their wallets and indeed-sign their own death warrants before ever crossing over and voting "for an evil racist Republican".

The Dems are fully aware of this.

Need to continue to stack the deck and grow the base till they outnumber the R's until it becomes mathematically impossible for the GOP to ever win.

That's why foreigners are being courted, pandered, and catered to while domestics are pretty much being kicked to the curb.

Looking through this prism, thus the Dems aren't the problem per se.

It's the idiots that still blindly support them and keep them in power that are.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:39 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Why should US taxpayers money go to helping immigrants (legal or otherwise) before American citizens? Why do leftists want to put virtually anyone ahead of Americans-and fund them by the US taxpayer? It's almost like...they hate American citizens, and want to see this nation fail.

Dipchit de Blasio needs to just go away. If he, and other liberal Dems continue to penalize working NYC residents, even NYC liberals may turn on them and elect someone with a brain again. This is the kind of incompetence that got Giuliani elected back in the day.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:40 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
So, if I’m an owner of subsidized housing, why would I care if a tenant is legal, or illegal? I’ll be getting paid the same regardless, right? Someone will be living there, and Uncle Sam will be kicking in a portion of the rent, no matter who lives there.

Unless citizens will be out on the street because illegals are taking up too much space, I don’t see why it matters. I’d be more interested in screening for tenants who won’t wreck the place.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:43 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Citizens are a captive audience and the Dems already have those votes locked in. Not only can they take them for granted, but the Dems can continue TO TAKE from them. The people who vote "D" today would still voluntarily hand over their wallets and indeed-sign their own death warrants before ever crossing over and voting "for an evil racist Republican".

The Dems are fully aware of this.

Need to continue to stack the deck and grow the base till they outnumber the R's until it becomes mathematically impossible for the GOP to ever win.

That's why foreigners are being courted, pandered, and catered to while domestics are pretty much being kicked to the curb.

Looking through this prism, thus the Dems aren't the problem per se.

It's the idiots that still blindly support them and keep them in power that are.
Why should either foreigners or "domestics" get a dime of my income? All taxation is theft.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
So, if I’m an owner of subsidized housing, why would I care if a tenant is legal, or illegal? I’ll be getting paid the same regardless, right? Someone will be living there, and Uncle Sam will be kicking in a portion of the rent, no matter who lives there.

Unless citizens will be out on the street because illegals are taking up too much space, I don’t see why it matters. I’d be more interested in screening for tenants who won’t wreck the place.
why should everyone be robbed to pay your tenants rent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies