Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 03:02 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,629,930 times

Advertisements

I'm not talking just beat......

Let's say that he is basically destroyed....5+ million or more in the popular vote, a landslide in the EC and bad news in lots of the down ballot races (Congress, States, etc.)....

What would be your thoughts? Full speed ahead with the same basic strategy?

Or would some of you accept that Trump was an "accident" and not good for the GOP and/or USA in a general sense?

I'm just wondering...and it's a big IF.

We saw how the Tea Party instantly disappeared and GOP stopped being fiscally responsible at all...due to the Trump election.

So will any particular issues like that change into the opposite direction? Or, will Trumpism continue in the form of no free trade, no care about fiscal matters (except for tax cuts), etc.????

It's interesting to game out....maybe companies like Fox are starting to think the same way? What are they going to do is he is destroyed fair and square?

It will be interesting to see...and it does have some chance of happening (so does every other scenario)....as his disapproval spread is continuing and is at 12 points (aggregate) now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 03:09 PM

732 posts, read 388,369 times
Meh. Life goes on. I assume the currency will collapse at some point in any case and it isn't like I whined about Obama all that much.

Three changes I might make:

. Be somewhat more circumspect on what I say, there's gonna be a lot of payback given the Left's craziness.
. Don't move anywhere near the southern border (or 'sanctuary' cities). I would assume a collapse in enforcement since part of the deal made to win the election will be a payoff to Hispanic voters.
. Sell any black guns and buy functional equivalents that aren't scary looking just to avoid the hassle.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:12 PM

4,504 posts, read 5,026,115 times
I would call the election a fraud, and I would cry and cry about how unfair it was and I would complain about how the election was rigged and that the Russians interfered and how whoever won wasn't fit for the office and how funny their hair looked and how they owned slaves and their wife was undocumented and how the made their money off of the poor and how racist they were and how white they were and how out of touch and , well you know the rest !!!

Old 08-20-2019, 03:16 PM

11,318 posts, read 16,634,674 times
The one thing we won't do is howl at the moon like Hillary supporters did.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:21 PM

25,480 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Oh God. I guess I'll have to pull a Cher. I'm a movin' to Jupiter.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:22 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
keyboard masturbation.

but, I do believe the majority of Trump's voters would have preferred a different style and person. For example, in NC with a relatively "late" March 15 primary, Trump won 40% to Cruz' 37%.

I believe the base reality is - Trump won because a whole lot of people thought Hillary was horrible. And I predict if 80% of what we hear is the platform of the Democratic party and candidates remains there, he will win again.

Are you the one that a few months ago did the "Will Trump and Trumpers admit defeat if he loses?" thread. The one where one speculated neither Trump nor those who voted for him would "go quietly"?

Old 08-20-2019, 03:25 PM

27,534 posts, read 16,018,410 times
Riot, break stuff, set fires, beat people up... oh wait, that’s dems. Nevermind

Old 08-20-2019, 03:34 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,384,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm not talking just beat......
Let's say that he is basically destroyed....5+ million or more in the popular vote,
There is no such thing as the "popular vote" in the United States presidential elections. We don't entertain made up scenarios that are crafted to benefit Leftist narratives.

Quote:
a landslide in the EC and bad news in lots of the down ballot races (Congress, States, etc.)....
Why would we entertain your thoughts at this point? Your group had the same thoughts before the last election and you were beat.

Quote:
Or would some of you accept that Trump was an "accident" and not good for the GOP and/or USA in a general sense?
Sorry, we don't concede to Leftist wish fulfillment. Trump was no accident. He's a transitionary President if anything. The next decades will have his current base going further hard Right. See any credible geopolitical analyst, like Peter Zeihan, for details.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see...and it does have some chance of happening (so does every other scenario)....as his disapproval spread is continuing and is at 12 points (aggregate) now.
Yawn.. this is more of the same political propaganda that we saw from the Left before they were beat in the last election.

What you should be more worried about is the future of the Left now that they attempted and failed at a soft coup and that the MSM press has been revealed as nothing more than their committed and strident agent: set on disenfranchising half of the nation. These are the realities at the forefront of the minds of half of the nation.

This nation's future is going to change, but it isn't in the direction that you are trying to sooth yourself into believing in.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:36 PM

17,456 posts, read 6,776,646 times
I'll act exactly like the liberals have acted for the past 4 years. Not my President. Resist. Lie. Smear. Character assassination. Defriending people over it. Trying to get those who voted against him fired. Mock assassinations. The whole 9 yards.

I won't shoot up a Democrat baseball game though or commit any crimes like the left has done routinely since Trump won.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:40 PM

22,627 posts, read 24,486,042 times
A big MEH.............Trump will be the last outsider to get his nose into the Deepstate's Whitehouse.

The wild-eyed, Polpot'ish Demcrats have no use for the responsible use of power, screw that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies