Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 05:31 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It's really embarrassing that you think politicians getting rich off being in public office is a good thing.
She waited until they were out of office. Unlike the family of the current president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 05:32 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Selling a couple of books? Mrs Obama’s book is on track to be the most sold autobiography in history!https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...istory-n987801
bazang. That's gotta just make the Trumpkins heads explode!

Old 08-22-2019, 05:35 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Obviously the guy could have been a CEO of a fortune 50 company if he had put his mind to it. Earning a 0.01%er salary was never a question mark for a person of his intellect and ambition.
Leave us not forget the Obamas are darlings of and run with the liberal/progressive uber wealthy pack. Everyone from royalty (Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and his brother Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex), down through Mark Zuckerberg and scores of others (gay, straight or whatever) who could buy and sell every one on this board hundreds of times over.

To make money you need at least two things; some of it to start, and proper connections/supporters already in that group. Conservative republicans have theirs, and democrats/liberals have their own as well. Long story short it's called access.

Unlike DT and his family who had to be forced upon Elizabeth II and her family, the Windsor/Windsor-Moutbatten family actually really like Obama and his missus. Both of the young princes especially have formed close ties; and if you don't think that sort of thing pays off, think again.

Old 08-22-2019, 05:57 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
All that money for this estate, and it still has a crappy dirt road to get to it?
I guess the Obama's are just roughing it.
With all those trees, and accessible coast line, that has to be a secret service nightmare.
Someone with a grudge against the Obama's could pop them, and never be found.

Bob.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:06 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
All that money for this estate, and it still has a crappy dirt road to get to it?
I guess the Obama's are just roughing it.

Bob.

It's mostly land - 29 acres. The house is less than 7000 sq ft.
The home itself takes up less than an acre. It's 28 acres that of land that's not developed. The property is mostly native trees and shrubs.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
And this comes just two years after they purchased an $8,100,000 mansion in a fancy Washington D.C. neighborhood:

LINK:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/barack...thas-vineyard/

I guess all those talks about reducing carbon footprints and rich people living too extravagantly was all just B.S.? They're definitely the most disingenuous liars to ever leech off our political system.

"Do as I say but not as I do" - This should be the motto for the modern day democrat party.
Does the house fly? Why would a house that already exist increase a carbon footprint or do you have ODS?

Old 08-22-2019, 06:15 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I voted for Obama too. Was one of the biggest mistakes that I've made in terms of voting.
On November 10th, 2016 at 5:39 AM, in a post about Obama, you wondered if the White House would have to be fumigated before Trump moves in:

Obama Is Now the Lamest of Lame Ducks - All He Has Left Now Is the Pardon

You could try to dance around why you posted that, but it's pretty obvious to me, and to at least one other poster who called you on it.

I don't believe that you would ever vote for Obama.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:34 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Does the house fly? Why would a house that already exist increase a carbon footprint or do you have ODS?
I must admit, I've never heard your approach before.

Would you also say the same thing about someone who bought a new Ferrari off the showroom floor rather than a Prius, because the buyer didn't have the Ferrari built (it already existed) ?

Old 08-22-2019, 06:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
And this comes just two years after they purchased an $8,100,000 mansion in a fancy Washington D.C. neighborhood:

LINK:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/barack...thas-vineyard/

I guess all those talks about reducing carbon footprints and rich people living too extravagantly was all just B.S.? They're definitely the most disingenuous liars to ever leech off our political system.

"Do as I say but not as I do" - This should be the motto for the modern day democrat party.
The Obama Foundation pays....

Old 08-22-2019, 06:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nah, he got a lucrative deal from a book publisher, don't be mad just because Trump can't speak or write coherently.
The Financial Times reported the book deal struck (in 2017) was worth $65 million. He can spend it any way he wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies