U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 08:29 PM

20,291 posts, read 19,272,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
What? I'm not talking about his carbon footprint. I'm talking about his global warming nonsense & the seas rising...if he thought GW was real he would be buying up in the hills, not on the sea shore.
Until two years ago I lived on the coast of MA, right next to the beach. Definitely not in a mansion, lol, but the sea was rising. Houses were falling into the sea, people were buying sand to try to protect their houses. Flooding was very common. Sometimes after a severe storm the foundations of old hotels were exposed---buildings that had been there 100 years ago with foundations now out in the deep water.

The water does seem to be rising. We were getting ocean life creatures that were native to more southern waters. Don't talk about it if you haven't lived next to the ocean and have seen it first hand. I'm sure the Obamas won't have to worry about their house being washed away in their lifetimes and it's a place they vacationed with their kids so it makes sense for them to buy it. Doesn't mean global warming doesn't exist.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:56 PM

23,724 posts, read 11,750,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I'd like to know where they get all this money. Selling a couple of books can't be that damn lucrative.
They pay a mortgage just like you do. They also never live in these houses more than 3 or 4 years, and then resell them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 09:51 PM

12,778 posts, read 3,455,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
The sea level will not rise for him. It will be parted like the old movie.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:01 PM

27,974 posts, read 17,936,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I'd like to know where they get all this money. Selling a couple of books can't be that damn lucrative.
Apparently selling uranium and selling arms to terrorists is.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:35 PM

31,040 posts, read 15,931,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't care. However, they better not preach to me about global warming.
Obama won't preach to you, he'll simply say you shouldn't be allowed to live in luxury, such lifestyles are only for those who have become ultra wealthy in public office.

He will say, "**** you peasant. I'm Obama and can do what I want while pieces of **** like you better take it. The environment? Only you should have to reduce your lifestyle, because all you regular people aren't worth a ****. **** you little ****s."

Old 08-22-2019, 10:43 PM

7,014 posts, read 3,872,473 times
Obama's buy a $15,000,000 estate in Martha’s Vineyard

Trumpers are upset. The Obamas saved a lot of money living rent free in Trumpers’ brains for 16 years and now they are moving out to fancy digs on Martha’s Vinyard.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:53 PM

6,667 posts, read 12,821,381 times
Good for the Obamas.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:02 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,126,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
... bank fraud, tax evasion, swindling and money laundering.

Trump's book deal was to hire a competent writer to be the true author. Trumpists are jealous that their hero isn't gifted with the literate arts.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:16 AM

19,272 posts, read 9,966,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
And this comes just two years after they purchased an $8,100,000 mansion in a fancy Washington D.C. neighborhood:

LINK:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/barack...thas-vineyard/

I guess all those talks about reducing carbon footprints and rich people living too extravagantly was all just B.S.? They're definitely the most disingenuous liars to ever leech off our political system.

"Do as I say but not as I do" - This should be the motto for the modern day democrat party.
Like every single liberal I know, Obama is a ginormous liar and hypocrite. I personally pledge to buy a private jet and put a million miles on it flying to climate change conferences to learn more about the dangers of carbon emissions

Old 08-23-2019, 04:21 AM

19,266 posts, read 9,341,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Like every single liberal I know, Obama is a ginormous liar and hypocrite. I personally pledge to buy a private jet and put a million miles on it flying to climate change conferences to learn more about the dangers of carbon emissions
All the celebrities and politicians use private jets. I wonder what the carbon footprint is of Richard Branson's yacht. You know the one where he an Obama were frolicking together on.

I don't care what anyone buys, drives, flies, etc., but don't try to DICTATE TO ME what I can have, and how much energy, and what type I can use. Hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or