U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 05:24 AM

4,630 posts, read 1,430,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And yet he still won the presidency.

That's only because I couldn't talk you into running. I tried, God knows I tried...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 05:28 AM

19,270 posts, read 9,352,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Because he can. His wants/needs are none of your business.
It is when he lectures us, and tries to dictate our lifestyles. He opened that door, and used political public fame, and public money to leverage wealth. Totally my business.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:29 AM

1,298 posts, read 498,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
President Trump became wealthy long before he became President, by way of successful business adventures, development, management, investments, etc.

Obama became wealthy during but primarily after being the POTUS.
He went bankrupt four times and filed every chapter of bankruptcy destroying many lives. He is a crooked ****** and couldn't care less about you.

Obama needs a place big and secluded enough for security. Of course a President will get richer after being in office, I kind of like it that way. If a businessman enters the Presidency already rich with no service experience they will take advantage of their position like Trump is doing.

Trump will fly away to one of his many overseas resorts looking back at America crumbling "I didn't do it, it was Obama"

Old 08-23-2019, 06:00 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,141,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
He went bankrupt four times and filed every chapter of bankruptcy destroying many lives. He is a crooked ****** and couldn't care less about you.

Obama needs a place big and secluded enough for security. Of course a President will get richer after being in office, I kind of like it that way. If a businessman enters the Presidency already rich with no service experience they will take advantage of their position like Trump is doing.

Trump will fly away to one of his many overseas resorts looking back at America crumbling "I didn't do it, it was Obama"

I just spit my coffee out reading this post. What a crock of poo-poo.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:00 AM

38,197 posts, read 16,516,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
Still pretty cheap compared to how much Trump spends on his proprieties. Just admit you have an Obama crush.
"Still pretty cheap compared to how much Trump spends on his proprieties"

I know pointing out certain things to lefties is HARD for them to comprehend BUT, Trump made his BEFORE becoming President through real estate development, office/apartment buildings, golf resorts, etc.

Obama was president and wrote couple of books BEFORE becoming president.

Trump STILL making money from his real estate holdings. NOBODY is buying obama's books anymore. An apples and oranges comparison.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:01 AM

1,298 posts, read 498,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post

I don't know why this was edited, I typed BUSINESSMAN.

Obama bought his house with his own money not with taxpayers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#47f69a8828aa

I am not a blind follower of anybody I just don't trust big buisness.

Last edited by OpinionExperience; 08-23-2019 at 06:11 AM..

Old 08-23-2019, 06:03 AM

4,630 posts, read 1,430,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It still doesn't eliminate the hypocrisy.

The issue isn't that Obama bought a huge house, the issue is that he says we shouldn't buy huge houses and then he does it.

Oh, come on. We're all a bunch of hypocrites if we're really honest with ourselves. It's ok to admit that.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:06 AM

38,197 posts, read 16,516,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I'd like to know where they get all this money. Selling a couple of books can't be that damn lucrative.
"The Obamas are worth 30 times more than when they entered the White House in 2008 — here's how they spend their millions"
"
"From speaking at events around the world to writing memoirs and signing a massive production deal with Netflix, the Obamas' life after the White House has been full and very lucrative. For her part, Michelle Obama's memoir " Becoming" was published in November 2018 and became the year's No. 1 best-selling book.
These endeavors — along with the six-figure pension all former presidents receive — have significantly contributed to the Obamas' net worth, which is at least $40 million, according to a 2018 GoBankingRates estimate. The New York Post recently pegged their fortune much higher, at $135 million."

https://www.businessinsider.com/bara...t-worth-2018-7

Old 08-23-2019, 06:24 AM

11,853 posts, read 8,431,658 times
Waterfront on the south shore of Martha's Vineyard?

That's a lot of money to be spending on a property that will be engulfed by rising sea-levels within 5 years.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 08-23-2019 at 06:51 AM..

Old 08-23-2019, 06:29 AM

47,269 posts, read 34,669,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I'd like to know where they get all this money. Selling a couple of books can't be that damn lucrative.
Speaking Fees. Thus far, no former POTUS can touch Reagan’s speaking fees.

He and Michelle are in demand.

Michelle’s book is a best seller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or