U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 10:29 PM

7,802 posts, read 2,780,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Because the books aren't actually making that money.

If you, as an elected official, do me political favors, it can be a big issue if I write you a check.

However, if you write a book, and I spend millions of dollars ordering them, it's just a book deal.
And we know Trump will take full advantage of this. So what is the answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 10:32 PM

31,013 posts, read 15,919,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And we know Trump will take full advantage of this. So what is the answer?
Trump made his money before becoming a public official.

The Obamas made their fortune by being public officials.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:36 PM

7,802 posts, read 2,780,377 times
Quote:

Trump made his money primarily from inheritence so do not even try to portray Trump as self made. He is the epitome me if silver spoon.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:45 PM

5,017 posts, read 1,008,857 times
Quote:
Because the books aren't actually making that money.

If you, as an elected official, do me political favors, it can be a big issue if I write you a check.

However, if you write a book, and I spend millions of dollars ordering them, it's just a book deal.
Er... Obama and his wife got the $65 million as an advance from Penguin Books. Any risk is on Penguin, not the Obamas.

Try and keep up.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:48 PM

582 posts, read 210,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
You're got half of it correct Here's that half: "Leading this country BACK".

More specifically, here's some of what Obama did during the 8 years of simply showing up to office (read'em and weep):
Typical Trump supporter you are! Cherry-picking only the part that fits your bias.

Also, I don't see your list on Trump? Or are you saying that he's clean with nothing on him?

Let me refresh your mind ...
"grabbing by the *****" episode?
evading taxes and bragging about it?
not providing his tax returns?

Ha! By the way these are just the ones BEFORE he got lucky and became President.

To be fair I am in no way saying President Obama was spotless. No President ever was. But we gotta be realistic ... one could easily provide a longer list of Trump's "doings" on a weekly basis that would beat any President's term list.

TBH ... at this point I just wish the current one just showed up and did nothing. That would be more productive than the carnage we're having to deal with today.

Let that sink in.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:08 AM

19,258 posts, read 9,960,725 times
Quote:

Democrats have always been corrupt and sell the public out to enrich themselves as politicians, it's just what they always do....it's how the Clintons and Obamas became wealthy....pure corruption to the core.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:13 AM

5,054 posts, read 2,270,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Democrats have always been corrupt and sell the public out to enrich themselves as politicians, it's just what they always do....it's how the Clintons and Obamas became wealthy....pure corruption to the core.
What a crock since they made the bulk of their wealth after they left politics.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:39 AM

30,477 posts, read 16,760,994 times
"Thanks s̶u̶c̶k̶e̶r̶s̶ taxpayers!"- The Obamas

Old 08-24-2019, 05:03 AM

3,114 posts, read 1,258,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
And this comes just two years after they purchased an $8,100,000 mansion in a fancy Washington D.C. neighborhood:

LINK:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/barack...thas-vineyard/

I guess all those talks about reducing carbon footprints and rich people living too extravagantly was all just B.S.? They're definitely the most disingenuous liars to ever leech off our political system.

"Do as I say but not as I do" - This should be the motto for the modern day democrat party.
No carbon footprints in those modest homes.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:43 AM

19,266 posts, read 9,335,745 times
Now Obama can have George Clooney DiCaprio, Gore, Richard Branson, and all his other rich cronies there to have a Man Made Climate Change Conference. The airport at Martha's Vineyard, KMVY, is only big enough for PRIVATE JETS though, but that suits them all just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or