U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2019, 07:22 AM

10,996 posts, read 15,398,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Are you suggesting that the Obama's didn't earn their money? He surely didn't squander the taxpayer dime like trump does - flying to one of his golf properties almost every week-end.

Please.

That said - this thread is about our carbon footprint. The number one way to reduce our carbon footprint is not be wealthy.
Really ??? well, Mr. and Mrs. Obama surely are spreading their carbon footprints around. Donald Trump has been a billionaire long before owning island homes and golf courses were 'invented'.

If anyone isn't better off in this economy, then they are not smelling the roses -- and can't figure out why.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 09:11 AM

21,876 posts, read 11,302,696 times
All those Solyndra dollars in Obama's bank account .. Obama living high and in all white neighborhoods like Reverend Wright who preached hate whitey to gain power.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:28 AM

7,541 posts, read 1,731,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
Still pretty cheap compared to how much Trump spends on his proprieties. Just admit you have an Obama crush.
Exactly. The hypocrisy from Trump supporters is like nothing I've ever seen.

Trump literally owns dozens of buildings and he's got his name in big letters on all of them. How much more obnoxious can you get?

Most Trump supporters are such dishonest people.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:38 AM

11,973 posts, read 8,637,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Exactly. The hypocrisy from Trump supporters is like nothing I've ever seen.

Trump literally owns dozens of buildings and he's got his name in big letters on all of them. How much more obnoxious can you get?

Most Trump supporters are such dishonest people.
Yeah, but Trump is not a AGW advocate.

Now if all these AGW nay sayers would just stop supporting the government subsidizing the fossil fuels industry

perhaps we could get a true assessment if it is true or not.

And the AGW advocates tell us there is not much individuals can do about it. So complaining about the size of people's houses, transportation modes or other energy usage is just BS spewed by the uninformed.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:45 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,668,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Really ??? well, Mr. and Mrs. Obama surely are spreading their carbon footprints around. Donald Trump has been a billionaire long before owning island homes and golf courses were 'invented'.

If anyone isn't better off in this economy, then they are not smelling the roses -- and can't figure out why.
Really? How do you know this? You've seen his tax returns? I doubt it...

As much as Trump likes to brag about himself, don't you think that if he were actually rich he would be showing his tax returns off and bragging even more? Personally, I doubt he's ever actually been a billionaire. His whole life and career has been based on serially lying to everyone around him. Trump's not a billionaire now and almost certainly never has been. He's just a liar and con artist. He got a lot of money from daddy and squandered it all simply to feed his narcissistic personality.

Anyone who still thinks he's as rich as he claims is simply a fool.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:48 AM

9,601 posts, read 10,319,627 times
Trump supporters are confusing a politician with an activist. Are Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump hypocrites because they don't burn coal in their homes?

I'm a strong advocate for recycling but until their is a policy change locally I'm not going to inconvenience my self with some self serving exercise in futility.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 08-26-2019 at 09:59 AM..

Old 08-26-2019, 10:14 AM

19,266 posts, read 9,335,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
All those Solyndra dollars in Obama's bank account .. Obama living high and in all white neighborhoods like Reverend Wright who preached hate whitey to gain power.
Obama was at least partially owned by the Green Lobby, and their cronies like Solyndra. He actively promoted their agenda and policies that were anti fossil fuel and certainly aligned with man made climate change activists. In that aspect he was a activist as he put policy in place which they advocated.

I don't have a problem with him living a luxury lifestyle in "white neighborhoods", but I do have a problem with his hypocrisy which I view as very elitist.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:45 AM

12,762 posts, read 3,451,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Really? How do you know this? You've seen his tax returns? I doubt it...

As much as Trump likes to brag about himself, don't you think that if he were actually rich he would be showing his tax returns off and bragging even more? Personally, I doubt he's ever actually been a billionaire. His whole life and career has been based on serially lying to everyone around him. Trump's not a billionaire now and almost certainly never has been. He's just a liar and con artist. He got a lot of money from daddy and squandered it all simply to feed his narcissistic personality.

Anyone who still thinks he's as rich as he claims is simply a fool.
While he was running, he said he was worth 10 billion...which is ridiculous.

Forbes did a pretty detailed analysis of Trump's net worth. If you move the cursor over each asset, and then click on the asset, the financial details will pop up:

https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#712abd1c2899

Forbes conclusion....$3.1 billion.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:46 AM

5,017 posts, read 1,008,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Are you kidding?

Saying, "America is a mean country" is something you say about a country you love?

Michelle is a standard America hating lib. Remember when Obama was elected and she said something to the effect of being proud to be an American for the first time?

Libs hate America; they make hateful statements about America all the time, but are shocked when someone says they are anti-American.
A lot of facts can be stated about the USA, none of which makes one anti-American.

Facts:
America's healthcare reality is the most expensive in the world, with outcomes that lag much of the rest of the developed world. Just look at life expectancies.

America kills more people with guns than any other first world country in the world.

America denies climate change more than any other first world country in the world.

America jails more people than any other first world country in the world.

None of the above is anti-American. Just facts, uncomfortable ones, but facts. I could give dozens more.

Old 08-26-2019, 11:05 AM

407 posts, read 485,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How have the Obama's earned it? They've never had a job that wasn't government or academia. They are LEECHES, and hypocrites of the first order.

So government workers and/or teachers don't work to earn their pay? That's news to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or