Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 04:31 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And the small matter that Trump inherited 400 million from his father. Not to mention he got into college because of his dad. Oh and his dad and his connections started his real estate business. Yep Donnie did it all on his own.

Yup, for all of his self-starter BS, he's basically Jaden Smith with a combover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How have the Obama's earned it? They've never had a job that wasn't government or academia. They are LEECHES, and hypocrites of the first order.

To you and others who have asked...none of your damned business.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:50 AM

27,131 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All the celebrities and politicians use private jets. I wonder what the carbon footprint is of Richard Branson's yacht. You know the one where he an Obama were frolicking together on.

I don't care what anyone buys, drives, flies, etc., but don't try to DICTATE TO ME what I can have, and how much energy, and what type I can use. Hypocrites.

I agree, people who preach about climate change should be trying to lower their own carbon admissions.

In terms of Obama, I am just not interested, he is a former President and is worth around $40 million according to what I can find on the web. Whilst this is a lot of money in relation to the average person, it's not a lot of money when compared to some of the spending out there, indeed Trump's private 757 aircraft cost over $100 million.

Super Yachts can cost a vast amount, up to $650 million, indeed Monaco and the South of France is full of them, whilst apartments can cost up to $400 million in such places. As for Branson his caterman was relatively small and he has now sold it, although he does own some islands in the Caribbean.

List of motor yachts by length - Wikipedia

Inside The World's Most Expensive Apartment: Sky Penthouse At Odeon Tower, Monaco - Pursuitist

5 most expensive private jets - Air Business International

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-23-2019 at 05:07 AM..

Old 08-23-2019, 04:51 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
So?

Presidents earn huge speaking salaries and are in demand. I have little doubt if someone offered you the gig, you would be on it.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:51 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
And this comes just two years after they purchased an $8,100,000 mansion in a fancy Washington D.C. neighborhood:

LINK:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/barack...thas-vineyard/

I guess all those talks about reducing carbon footprints and rich people living too extravagantly was all just B.S.? They're definitely the most disingenuous liars to ever leech off our political system.

"Do as I say but not as I do" - This should be the motto for the modern day democrat party.

Just another rich white guy.

Obama was a grafter, just like the Clintons. He used the office to become rich.

And the left criticizes Trump!!!!

Old 08-23-2019, 04:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yup, for all of his self-starter BS, he's basically Jaden Smith with a combover.
And yet he still won the presidency.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
So?

Presidents earn huge speaking salaries and are in demand. I have little doubt if someone offered you the gig, you would be on it.
It still doesn't eliminate the hypocrisy.

The issue isn't that Obama bought a huge house, the issue is that he says we shouldn't buy huge houses and then he does it.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
I noticed about half the people on here have totally missed the point of this thread. I'm not criticizing the Obama's for being wealthy and buying large, over-priced properties -- I'm merely exposing their utter hypocrisy. Obama criticized the 1% and wealthy people throughout his presidency, and now he is one of them. Buying up mansions and estates. Maybe he'll buy a flashy lamborghini too?

Will Obama offer any kind words for the capitalist system that allowed him to become extremely successful?

No, we get it. We just don't give a damn. So he's a hypocrite, just like everyone else, so the hell what?

Old 08-23-2019, 05:04 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
To you and others who have asked...none of your damned business.
When a POLTIICIAN uses MY TAX DOLLARS to get RICH it is my business. All the Obamas did was to use American politics to get rich. However, he is not alone. Politicians of both parties do this. It is a huge scam.

However, Obama and Dems have to lecture us on our use of fossil fuels, and lifestyle, meanwhile telling use "You didn't build that". Well our TAX DOLLARS built that idiot.

It is the hypocrisy, and their desire to dictate to others while they do whatever they want that's the problem. Maybe think beyond the sound bite sometimes???

Old 08-23-2019, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Why does someone who complains about income inequality and rich people not paying their "fair share" need two multi-million dollar mansions?

Why would someone who complains about the rising sea levels want to buy an oceanfront property? I have to imagine it takes quite a bit of energy to heat and cool 7,000 sq. ft as well.

Because he can. His wants/needs are none of your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies