U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM

23,600 posts, read 11,684,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yep, I've answered that question more than once and it's still being asked because there's no defense of that commercial or the philosophy of toxic masculinity.
You didnt answer my question. I asked what specifically you had a problem with, you basically claimed it said all men, which it didnt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM

46,485 posts, read 18,388,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yep, I've answered that question more than once and it's still being asked because there's no defense of that commercial or the philosophy of toxic masculinity.
Yup,

They get seething mad. Stamp their feet on the ground and demand they be answered. Attack you when you don't. Make up mythical bogymen. And then disappear when proven wrong. Rinse repeat, topic after topic.

Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM

1,659 posts, read 323,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Because you say you have a problem with the commercial, but cant actually name the thing you have a problem with.
Well $12 billion in lost sales...that company sure figured out quick what the problem was !!!

Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well $12 billion in lost sales...that company sure figured out quick what the problem was !!!
Again, all im asking for is to name the specific thing in the commercial you have a problem with and you have yet to name it.

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

1,659 posts, read 323,374 times
Quote:
Again, all im asking for is to name the specific thing in the commercial you have a problem with and you have yet to name it.
Well contact Gillette and ask them about their customer feedback and see what they tell you.
Then you'll have your answer.

None of us can tell you what various consumers though but Gillette can.

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM

40,750 posts, read 40,325,264 times
Quote:
What exactly didnt come off well??? Your post makes it seem like your biggest grip is that white guys were the bad guys in the commercial. Which, I doubt you would make the argument in the reverse.

so this again comes down to personal projection rather than actually having a problem with the commerical.

besides the horse playing, everything in that commercial was universal.
Based on your postings in this thread you just wanna argue and as MPower said, I shouldn't have bothered to engage you.

I'll bottom line it here. The ad was PC SJW BS and the company took a hit for it. That is the reality, how people chose to spin it or whatever is up to them.

I'm done. I used to go round and round with people and they never concede any element at all, it's just dig in deeper and never have any kind of "agree to disagree" kind of deal. I've earned too many infractions and headaches to bother anymore.

Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well contact Gillette and ask them about their customer feedback and see what they tell you.
Then you'll have your answer.

None of us can tell you what various consumers though but Gillette can.
I asked you for your personal reasoning, if you cant answer why you feel a certain way, then what was the point ???

Just say you have a personal fuzzy feeling and move on, LOL

Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

5,160 posts, read 1,015,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If these companies want to start pushing their politics, I will stop buying their product. It doesn't matter what side they stand on. And I have a very good long term memory. I will likely never buy their products again. Business and politics should be separate, period.

I hope other wanna be political activists posing as business people take notice. Unfortunately, in most cases, the people pushing their politics did not build these businesses, so they do not care if they destroy them in the process. They can always jump to the next company, rinse wash and repeat.
It is actually hard for business and politics to be separate seeing as how there is something called office politics. Now, the standard sociopolitical stuff (LGBT, feminism, abortion, immigration, etc.) would be more practical to leave out.

Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM

46,485 posts, read 18,388,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It's about Gillette and how they alienated people and they reacted. .....
Glad you agree. I am not going to engage you on Trump in this topic.

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

3,123 posts, read 678,554 times
Maybe they should try an ad campaign where they tell the public why their razors are a good product and that people should purchase it.

If they want to go beyond that, they could show idealized images of men doing things like playing with their kids, holding doors open for ladies, working in various fields, etc. Without the boorish finger-wagging woke messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies