U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:08 AM

18,829 posts, read 9,202,415 times

Advertisements

Big corporations hire big city marketing and advertising people. They believe everyone thinks like them, so promote these anti Male "WOKE" campaigns they believe will be successful, because they believe in it. Well surprise, surprise. A lot of men don't buy into WHITE MALE GUILT and that all men are bad, especially White Men. Pound sand Gillette.

The free market is a harsh school master. They were just schooled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:22 AM

10,285 posts, read 8,207,017 times
Funny thing is: There is a way to say be a good man and not be a .....

Be a great father. Like that epic dude that pushed his son around in a wheelchair the field for band.
Be a great husband. Like that NFL player that shaved his head when his wife got cancer and chemo.
Be a great son. Like that rock star that made it big right as his mom was dying... Brought in the best nurses, maids etc to make her end better.

Old Today, 07:10 AM

27,601 posts, read 19,374,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
That is just it. Why would executives of that or any company accept the marketing proposals of companies that will not only fail to attract new customers, but in fact alienate their core customer base?

In years gone by if Joe Blow employee embarks on a poor advertising idea, it is shot down by the powers that be, and he is demoted and/or fired.
Yet today many of these companies are convinced to "virtue signal" to small constituencies that will likely not even buy their products in the short, much less the long run.
In the interim, they alienate their loyal customers, many of which will never return.

I cannot even tell you what a pain in the rear it is to now boycott all Procter & Gamble products because of their SJW and anti-male advertising campaign with Gillette products.
But I walk the walk and our family now avoids most of what they offer for purchase.

The same is true of the lifelong purchasers of jeans we use to buy from Levi.
The funny thing is when you go looking for new products you might not have otherwise tried, you find those products are as good or even better. This without them looking to offend you from an ideological or political perspective.
In the case of jeans, Duluth now has my business, and I do not give a flip about what happens to the Levi company. The founders are probably spinning in their graves.

Levi's, Dick's, Procter & Gamble and others will reap what they have sowed.

`
let's not forget converse

Old Today, 07:27 AM

19,617 posts, read 17,652,561 times
Well, if they kiss my ass... Although they'd probably want me to shave it first.
Or take the easy way out and endorse Donald Trump for 2020 and cut him a nice fat check for his campaign to prove they were really sorry and wanted to make good. But the person that dreamt up that ad campaign would have to be fired.

Old Today, 07:34 AM

19,617 posts, read 17,652,561 times
I always like the Norelco shaver ad with Santa on it as a sleigh. When you're a kid you look forward to fun ads like that. Same for the Chuckwagon dog food ad. When I was little I so wanted to see that chuckwagon go across our kitchen floor and have our dog chase it.
You know .. ads that just had good will and didn't preach at you or try to be political so as to curry favor with a bunch of activist baboons running the country or ruining it, more accurately.

Old Today, 07:37 AM

21,366 posts, read 10,306,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

The issue is there are men who realize that there are faults with "man logic" like me. Is this big, no. The problem today is social media lets things like these become far bigger stories than they need to be. I mean the Pepsi had their tone-deaf "BLM-like" commercial with Kendall Jenner

No it is punitive conservatives. Look at the whole NRA-gate or NFL for "supporting kneelers" (which they neither supported nor truly went against it.)
There is nothing wrong with men. There is nothing wrong with women. There are simply bad elements in both groups. This ongoing social campaign to make it sound like men are inherently (fill in the blank) is wrong, manipulative, and offensive. It plays to the lunatics promoting such notions, which isn't a large group.

I don't know what NRA-gate is. As for the NFL - it's a company that can set whatever rules they like. It has nothing to do with anything but an organization trying to protect their bottom line.

Old Today, 08:31 AM

30,702 posts, read 20,270,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So again I will ask, name the specific detail of the Gillette commercial you had a problem with ?
Over countless generations, human males, being highly social, developed a sensitivity to shame.

This adaptation assured that men, in general, would use their relative strength and aggressiveness for purposes that benefited the groups to which they belonged.

It is specifically the reason men don't often rape or beat women and the reason that those that do face the most sever consequences.

It is the reason why men defend innocent/vulnerable individuals (especially females) and willingly do other things that may place themselves in danger, such as going off to war or simply getting up to see what that noise was.

For women, this ability to control men with shame is tremendously empowering and gratifying, so much so that it appears to be reflexive, existing for reasons that go beyond the practical.

It's the reason feminists have nothing nice to say about men.

It's the reason the #metoo! movement exists.

Because a person cannot change his or her innate nature, men will always seek to alleviate shame by protecting and providing for the females and children in their world.

Doing otherwise is a prescription for self-inflicted misery.

For Gillette to blindly inject themselves into the social dynamic that has existed between men and women for hundreds of thousands of years, and to clumsily do so by portraying men as irresponsible stooges that prey on women and abuse children, is to pick a fight they can't finish.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/...rving-in-wwi-2

Old Today, 08:36 AM

1,651 posts, read 658,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Over countless generations, human males, being highly social, developed a sensitivity to shame.

This adaptation assured that men, in general, would use their relative strength and aggressiveness for purposes that benefited the groups to which they belonged.

It is specifically the reason men don't often rape or beat women and the reason that those that do face the most sever consequences.

It is the reason why men defend innocent/vulnerable individuals (especially females) and willingly do other things that may place themselves in danger, such as going off to war or simply getting up to see what that noise was.

For women, this ability to control men with shame is tremendously empowering and gratifying, so much so that it appears to be reflexive, existing for reasons that go beyond the practical.

It's the reason feminists have nothing nice to say about men.

It's the reason the #metoo! movement exists.

Because a person cannot change his or her innate nature, men will always seek to alleviate shame by protecting and providing for the females and children in their world.

Doing otherwise is a prescription for self-inflicted misery.

For Gillette to blindly inject themselves into the social dynamic that has existed between men and women for hundreds of thousands of years, and to clumsily do so by portraying men as irresponsible stooges that prey on women and abuse children, is to pick a fight they can't finish.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/...rving-in-wwi-2
I wish I could give more positive feedback for this post it deserves it. This is the most insightful and accurate post I've read on here in months.

Well said. Thank you.

Old Today, 08:36 AM

30,702 posts, read 20,270,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Daniel, you sound like a punitive liberal with this. Revenge politics, revenge consumerism, revenge anything is unnecessary and evil. They've already taken a hit and learned their lesson. That's good enough.
Not for me.

This is personal.

Old Today, 08:40 AM

23,600 posts, read 11,684,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not one line of that was you naming a segment of the commercial you disagree with. So thanks for proving my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies