U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:36 AM

1,227 posts, read 216,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" see college graduation rates, pay rates, and socio-economic status of Black women consistently rising (and I am glad to see it) yet everyone is still stuck in 1980's welfare queen mindset.

No different then ALL repubs are racist homo-phobes when 1 speaks out.

"I think your measurement is what ever you see at Walmart", You wouldn't know who goes to Walmart unless you GO THERE YOURSELF AND SEE 1st hand. Gothca'!

"or while driving around your economically depressed area." ANOTHER genius who thinks he knows everything. Hint, I do NOT live in an "economically depressed area." by any means.
"
  • One in three African American, Hispanic and Native-American children live below the poverty line. [Source: NCCP]
  • One in 10 white children lives below the poverty line. [Source: NCCP
41.6 percent of the African American population and 36. 4 percent of the Hispanic population participated in at least one government assistance program in a given month. [Source: United States Census Bureau]"
Do a comparison of those numbers against the 1980's. It would give a clear indication as to the improvement that have taken lace within one generation. That improvement continues and that is making people with a hair up their butt nervous. I did say improving not perfect per your quote of me so I know you understood my context. Looks like your keyboard was on fire trying to look up those number which I find hilarious. As I stated before there is significant advancement within 1 generation in the African American Community.

Sure I could pull statistics that show White people use 40% of all SNAP funding compared to 25% for African Americans, or economic mobility in White populations is at a stand still while every other group continues to improve. That fact may be driving all this resentment toward others. You see a stagnant White population with no upward mobility, expensive student loans to try and get a leg up, and same result a middle class office job for 40 years. I'm not pointing that out to insult, its just illustrates the frustration in the white community but as always is misplaced frustration.

White folk set this system up and are now mad that the system is not working for them. No one ever asked for African American input on cost of college, student loans, housing cost, nor did we have the power to pass all this garbage or allow it. But white folk did so don't blame everyone else for your votes. . Black folks just became equal concerning voting rights and access to capitol in 1967 (by law but practice, mid 1980's).

My dad was in Vietnam serving his country before he was even a fully equal citizen that had equal voting rights, that is the African American experience in the USA. Don't act like Black folk were on the same playing field as whites, we couldn't even get access to home loans and get college entry to many colleges until the 1980's due to a rigged system that was out of our control. White folks should be way further ahead given all generations of advantages, but you're not. Because you set up a stupid system that you're now frustrated by.

BTW I'm sure you ignored the fact but Public assistance for African Americans is trending down, Hispanic is trending down. But White is staying flat showing no change or improvement in those populations.

Last edited by Daryl_G; Today at 05:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:54 AM

27,159 posts, read 11,405,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Do a comparison of those numbers against the 1980's. It would give a clear indication as to the improvement that have taken lace within one generation. That improvement continues and that is making people with a hair up their butt nervous.
No that's just something you've made up and have no proof. It's just a veiled way for you to display your hatred for white people.

Quote:
I did say improving not perfect per your quote of me so I know you understood my context. Looks like your keyboard was on fire trying to look up those number which I find hilarious. As I stated before there is significant advancement within 1 generation in the African American Community.
Then why are over 70% of black children raised in a single parent household? All groups have seen that percentage get worse over time, especially blacks. That's what handouts do. Encourage the poor to not work and not stay together and take care of their kids. When children are abandoned like that, no matter what race, they are much worse off.

Quote:
Sure I could pull statistics that show White people use 40% of all SNAP funding compared to 25% for African Americans, or economic mobility in White populations is at a stand still while every other group continues to improve.
And you'd be proven wrong. A much higher percentage of blacks are on welfare than whites. If the percent of blacks was lowered to match whites, blacks as a group would be much better off. If it were lowered to match Asians we'd all be better off. Whites and all races have a obvious road to economic mobility. We have a freer country and market than most places and it has nothing to do with race. That's just you falsely playing the race card.

Quote:
That fact may be driving all this resentment toward others. You see a stagnant White population with no upward mobility, expensive student loans to try and get a leg up, and same result a middle class office job for 40 years. I'm not pointing that out to insult, its just illustrates the frustration in the white community but as always is misplaced frustration.
Except none of this is true and you have no proof. Please go ahead and sight some studies. Ray Ray who has 3 kids by 2 mothers doesn't count as a legitimate source.

Quote:
White folk set this system up and are now mad that the system is not working for them. No one ever asked for African American input on cost of college, student loans, housing cost, nor did we have the power to pass all this garbage or allow it. But white folk did so don't blame everyone else for your votes. . Black folks just became equal concerning voting rights and access to capitol in 1967 (by law but practice, mid 1980's).
No, white folks didn't set up this sytem. That's just your racism showing through. The system that the progressives have forced on us have eroded our freedoms. But you keep falsely playing the race card instead of looking in the mirror and owning your mistakes.

Quote:
My dad was in Vietnam serving his country before he was even a fully equal citizen that had equal voting rights, that is the African American experience in the USA. Don't act like Black folk were on the same playing field as whites, we couldn't even get access to home loans and get college entry to many colleges until the 1980's due to a rigged system that was out of our control.
It was fully in the controls of each individual. It's called studying in school and making good grades.

btw Your Dad wasn't serving his country. He was roped into a foreign civil war that had nothing to do with protecting our borders. He was serving the filthy politicians who were nation building. Your dad deserved much much better.

Quote:
White folks should be way further ahead given all generations of advantages, but you're not. Because you set up a stupid system that you're now frustrated by.
Based on what facts? Show me a study instead of making silly comments because you feel offended by the truth.

Quote:
BTW I'm sure you ignored the fact but Public assistance for African Americans is trending down, Hispanic is trending down. But White is staying flat showing no change or improvement in those populations.
Because the percentages for whites are already low so there is less room for improvement. Don't do any problem solving when it comes to math. You're not very good at it.

Old Today, 12:02 PM

27,159 posts, read 11,405,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Dude, post #41 I linked to a huffpo article (the media) that cited a statistical study that did compare apples to apples.

I've seen the study itself, done by 2 women, funded by a womens organization but having trouble finding it again but the Huffpo article references it. Their link is dead and now sends you to the womens org's website that somewhat angrily states that they don't neeeed no stinkin science and then claims it really is as simple as dividing mens pay by womens pay.

The irony that the group is the American Association of University Women that are science denying the study they funded themselves is not lost on me.

Regardless, it does indicate there is (still) somewhat of a wage gap but that it's measured more in pennies than in dimes and that the problem is likely most concentrated in certain industries.
The study is off somewhat.
"The AAUW study classifies jobs as diverse as librarian, lawyer, professional athlete, and “media occupations” under a single rubric—“other white collar.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or