U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:43 AM
Status: "Censorship is for totalitarians" (set 14 days ago)

84 posts, read 13,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Many would die on their feet, before they ever live on their knees.
"I'm their property" mentality.
I believe that a collective is doing that. MILLIONS of us who think alike and pick our leaders to lead us are doing so because a collective is stronger and can withstand more than a single person can. Individualism is a sick philosophy and exactly what those that rule over us want. If they had to face an army of people who thought the same and with the same enemy in mind they would not rule one more day,but by dividing people and people thinking all for themselves its easier to defeat any kind of threat to their power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:10 PM

4,876 posts, read 1,662,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
I believe that a collective is doing that. MILLIONS of us who think alike and pick our leaders to lead us are doing so because a collective is stronger and can withstand more than a single person can. Individualism is a sick philosophy and exactly what those that rule over us want. If they had to face an army of people who thought the same and with the same enemy in mind they would not rule one more day,but by dividing people and people thinking all for themselves its easier to defeat any kind of threat to their power.
I’d put it a different way...I think you’re conflating cooperation and organization with collectivism.

I’m an individualist, meaning I want the rights of every individual protected from the majority/the group, no exceptions, and I’m also completely for cooperation and working together. Both are extremely important.

The difference is that in collectivism, there’s a central authority (the state) that’s allowed to overrule the rights of individuals, justifying it with the claim that it’s for the common good. It’s often marketed as “we’re all working together and pooling our resources”, when they really mean “everyone is forced to work together and pool their resources.”

So I’d say sure, if millions of people all individually agree to follow some plan, or live in some type of system, they should do it...just don’t force anyone into it who doesn’t want to join. You can’t consent FOR someone else...people like to claim that “we all” agree to X, Y, and Z, when they really mean that the majority does, and then they continue as if the minority’s consent doesn’t matter.

Last edited by T0103E; Today at 12:18 PM..

Old Today, 05:33 PM

67,350 posts, read 34,285,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm the property of Trump now. So are you.

Actually, we're both the property of the Federal Reserve. Trump is just lead clown sent in to dazzle us with the illusion of freedom.
You can thank the 16th amendment for that

Old Today, 05:35 PM

67,350 posts, read 34,285,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The laws are imposed upon most anyone inside the jurisdiction, whether a citizen or not. Citizenship is granted or recognized at birth. If one doesn't want citizenship they could renounce it. And if they don't want the jurisdiction's laws imposed upon them they can leave the jurisdiction.
It is settled case law. You are not automatically a citizen at birth.
When did you consent to be governed, like someone else's property?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies